Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leaderboards: Is It Intended To Have 2 Frames Required Classes For Competition?

Kilzoth

Hello DE,

Looking at the leaderboards and frame combinations for survival, is it intended to have 2/4 slots filled by the same frames on each team? Nekros for extra LS and Trinity for permanent  Invincibility? It does lower the choice factor in squad composition, but on the other hand creates a solid metagame foundation. 

While true, I'm not sure if I find Nekros to be OP in that instance, at best it comes down to luck when fishing for oxygen pods.

Trinity's Blessing does need a rebalance. I don't believe the combination of free movement, and invulnerability belongs in this game. I would take away the invulnerability, make it so it stops bleeding out for the duration. Meanwhile it would still heal, and send bursts of health and shields throughout its duration. This would make playes tough to kill, but not unstoppable for 30 seconds or whatever their mods allow the duration to be right now.

If they change frost's shield, they still need to look at his other powers, right now while not as bad as it used to be, they are still more or less useless for damage. Some changes have decided to make his other powers, freeze/slow enemies for a duration.

I don't find Vauban as required as Frost, not to say he's not nice to have.

I don't believe Nekros is OP at all, just a huge asset. In fact if they just made it so Desecrate didnt drop LS that would fix it entirely. I really like your idea about trinity. 

Frosts shield would actually be ok if the AI was smarter, as well as Vauban. If they can't fix that then they could simply put a cap on the damage the shield absorbs. or simply add faster melee units to the corpus / grineer. Vauban they could just up the amount of enemies that spawn for infested which would lower his effectiveness slightly and make them an actual challenge. 

I'd prefer that we rethink some of the abilities so that there isn't a single set of warframes that's best for a mission. But I just wanted to bring it up for attention and discussion. 

The only thing "solid" about a consistent "metagame foundation" is how stale it is.  If something is ubiquitous, that's a sign of deliberation or poor design.  And I doubt they intended the game to be as boring as it is.

Re-works are in order, but on which levels is up for discussion.

Leave Nekros well alone.

So what if he makes survival last longer ? 

He is already just an average support frame, but no where god tier.

If defenses can have vauban or frost, why Nekros can't be in survival ?

Fixes to blessing, I can live with that, but nerfing Nekro ?

Absolutely NOT.

Edited by fatpig84