Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resources Should Remain On The Battlefield As Long As Mods

Valiant

I.e forever, I think. I don't see why they should disappear and I doubt they'd ruin people's fps or latency. I'd be peeved to know how many cells or vital resources I've missed thus far because their timer for remaining on the battlefield ran out and I just wasn't there. Sometimes you just can't be everywhere all the time so it gives everyone an equal chance.

Considering half of the players decide that they want to kill everything alone and camp enemy spawns, which leads to you getting stuck watching the terminal and missing out on everything besides mods..

Yes, I would like the resources to last for as long as mods.

Well youre certainly wrong, because they do let drop peoples fps

As I said, sincerely doubt it's significant that it would ruin gameplay. They're easily collected regardless and they don't drop as often as ammo/orbs. It shouldn't be a problem really.

Ruivo, I can't see them causing a drop. Nothing which the first poster is implying. Shouldn't be anything more than mods, which are bigger and have more effects on them.

It's a small thing but its annoying missing out resources because of some timer.

Yeah same. Which is why that feature needs to be removed entirely. It keeps popping back into games here and there.

But really... The fps shouldn't be an issue. If your computer can't handle a few more additional drops which can be easily collected and don't drop as often as everything else, it's not a stable PC and you should be encountering more serious problems elsewhere and all the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Just make nearby resources and mods (within 3 meters of each other) clump together into one aggregate ball of resources/mods, with a different appearance indicating such. Then you can let them last forever without worrying about loss in performance, because only so many could exist in a given area.

While I'm on the subject, we can do the same with ammo drops, as well as tweak ammo pickup such that you will only take the ammo that you need from the pack. I'm sick of picking up a whole pack of 20 rifle ammo when I only needed two bullets. Leave the other 18 on the ground!

Edited by Onihikage

Just make nearby resources and mods (within 3 meters of each other) clump together into one aggregate ball of resources/mods, with a different appearance indicating such. Then you can let them last forever without worrying about loss in performance, because only so many could exist in a given area.

^this - it doesnt matter much which materials/mods will be together, if someone is picking them, he picks them all.