Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Project-Warp: Alternate Soundtrack

-WARP-Xaero

UPDATE: Due to insufficient backing on this project it will soon be coming down and be re-purposed as demos to be used for licensing. Thank you to everyone who did support this project and enjoyed the music, and I hope you continue to do so.

Please be sure to check out soundcloud.com/nuclear-sun-1 for my main project, and facebook.com/nuclearsunband for updates on all my music releases.

ATTENTION!: This is the last weekend to download the Project-WARP stuff for free. Head on over to the soundcloud page to grab it while you still can.

If I continue to create new songs for new tilesets and missions as they are added, those songs will be added to be downloaded for free here.

Warframe's current soundtrack, while well-produced, doesn't really fit the game in my mind. There are like, what... three battle songs that are like a minute long? They're all pretty quiet and the rest is ambient noise. I was inspired by the game's atmosphere and setting to make a more high-energy electronic/industrial soundtrack and have been working on it for several months now..

They are all currently free to download and made to be looped during the levels.
https://soundcloud.com/project-warp

NEW! You can go here for better organized track listings.

https://soundcloud.com/project-warp/sets

Planned/Finished songs

Main Titles (done)

Dojo Upbeat (done)
Dojo Mellow (done) 
Dojo Action (done)

Grineer Galleon (done)
Grineer Galleon Survival (done)
Grineer Galleon Defense (done) 
Grineer Galleon Infested (done)

Grineer Asteroid Base (done)
Grineer Asteroid Base Survival (done)
Grineer Asteroid Base Defense (done)
Grineer Asteroid Base Infested (done)

Grineer Forest Outpost (done)
Grineer Forest Outpost Survival (done)
Grineer Forest Outpost Defense (done)
Grineer Forest Outpost Infested (done)

Grineer Phobos Settlement (done)
Grineer Phobos Settlement Survival (done)
Grineer Phobos Settlement Defense (done)
Grineer Phobos Settlement Infested

Grineer Shipyard (done)

Grineer Shipyard Survival (done)

Grineer Shipyard Defense (done)

Grineer Shipyard Infested

Corpus Ship (done)
Corpus Ship Survival (done)
Corpus Ship Defense (done)
Corpus Ship Infested (done)

Corpus Outpost (done)
Corpus Outpost Survival (done)
Corpus Outpost Defense (done)
Corpus Outpost Infested (done)

Corpus Gas City (done)
Corpus Gas City Survival (done)
Corpus Gas City Defense (done)
Corpus Gas City Infested (done)

Orokin Void (done)
Orokin Void Survival (done)
Orokin Void Defense (done)

Orokin Derelict

Orokin Derelict Extermination (done)
Orokin Derelict Survival
Orokin Derelict Defense (done. With optional guitar!)

Orokin Derelict Boss fight

(NEW!)

End Credits remix by Nuclear*Sun (done!)

https://soundcloud.com/nuclear-sun-1/warframe-end-titles

Any comments, questions, feedback, compliments, suggestions, requests, e.t.c. are more than welcome.

Edited by -WARP-Xaero

Thank you all for the upliftingness... I'll keep this list updated when I add more tracks, I'm constantly working on this stuff. Feel free to download it and play it while you play, and TELL UR FREEENDS.

The basic plan is slow electronic for the levels, faster for the survival, industrial rock for the defense, and drum n' bass for the infested, so once I write the original level track the rest are just basically remixes.

So funny story... I ran out of space on my soundcloud and a guy who gives away his music for free doesn't have the money to pay to upgrade his account and get more storage space...

So we have a couple of options... I would LOVE to get DE's attention and get this stuff into the game, though that seems unlikely and I won't hold my breath for that one... If you'd like to help me with this endeavor all you have to do is spread the word! Get more people to come leave comments on this forum thread and get DE's attention.

If that doesn't work and you'd like more music (which I will continue to create and finish this project) you can donate to me directly. I'll put a link up on the soundcloud page since I don't know the DE forum's rules about that.

Update: Sean Payne of Glitch Mode Recordings and Cyanotic will be helping with the Phobos Base and Orokin Derelict songs. Check out some of his work here:

https://soundcloud.com/glitchmode/sets/cyanotic-medpack-vol-1

http://www.glitchmode.com/

http://www.cyanotic.com/

Please continue to help spread the word about our cause and share the link with your friends, clanmates, and PUG members.

https://soundcloud.com/project-warp

All donations will go to paying for an upgraded soundcloud account so that more tracks can be hosted!

Edited by -WARP-Xaero

Still cranking out new tracks and waiting for donations. Just 6 bucks gets the soundcloud account upgraded for a month and lets me add all the other tracks I've made. Every little donation helps.

And of course, if you REALLY want to help and don't have the money to spend, please help spread the word about Project-WARP!

Update: With special thanks to Ossarian and -WARP-Six for their donations, the account has been upgraded (for now) and new songs are being uploaded as we speak. I'm also taking the time to organize the tracks a bit better since there are getting to be so many. This doesn't mean we don't still need donations, every little bit helps and keeps it up and running.

I'm not sure about some of these, they certainly don't suit the game if you're playing it for stealth. I was thinking, what if the game had different music depending on the size of your cell? Think about it. Soloing a sabotage mission feels a lot different that going for twenty minute survival with three other people. Just a thought.

Also, love the dojo music. I hope DE at least considers these. I think this should be in either fan concepts or art.

[EDIT] By the way, don't take this the wrong way. I'm not saying, "you're doing it wrong," I'm saying, "That's amazing and I think I know how you could make it even better."

Edited by qwertyboom80

I appreciate the feedback, though to be fair... quiet slow stealth missions is probably the only situation the game's existing soundtrack IS suited-for. My plan was to make music that fit the way the average player plays... the high-energy run-and-gun that the game's soundtrack was missing.

Maybe when all the basic tracks are done I can go back and look at doing low-key tension versions of the level songs. We'll see, thanks for your input.

Posting Grineer asteroid base defense. As some of you may know I am originally an industrial rock/metal artist so I don't know if I'm 100% happy with this one the way it is or maybe I just needed to go back to my roots. I might come back to it later and change it up, or if you like it the way it is let me know!