Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invasions Once More Too Short.

Megakruemel

So after i read about the invasion going on at Titan(Saturn) - thanks to blackhorns101291's post-

i was really happy to see a catalyst once again in the invasion reward table. Now i started at 48%, did my fist mission which lasted no longer than 5 minutes and the invasion was already at 28% the next time i checked.

I just thought i would not even try to complete the next 4 runs since one run would just cost me another ~20% and i still had 4 left.

Like a LOT of people before me, i demand longer invasion times. This is just ridiculous. I would be surprised if anyone even got 5/5 runs.

My suggestion would be, to make this "rare"-invasions an hour (or 2) long- NOT depending on how many runs have been completed but rather just a pre-set time till the invasion ends. The winning side (which is pretty obviously the one with the rare rewards since we are all just prostitu...eh i mean mercenaries) would be determined by who got the most support.

So after i read about the invasion going on at Titan(Saturn) - thanks to blackhorns101291's post-

i was really happy to see a catalyst once again in the invasion reward table. Now i started at 48%, did my fist mission which lasted no longer than 5 minutes and the invasion was already at 28% the next time i checked.

I just thought i would not even try to complete the next 4 runs since one run would just cost me another ~20% and i still had 4 left.

Like a LOT of people before me, i demand longer invasion times. This is just ridiculous. I would be surprised if anyone even got 5/5 runs.

My suggestion would be, to make this "rare"-invasions an hour (or 2) long- NOT depending on how many runs have been completed but rather just a pre-set time till the invasion ends. The winning side (which is pretty obviously the one with the rare rewards since we are all just prostitu...eh i mean mercenaries) would be determined by who got the most support.

My Mileage Varied: I had the exact opposite experience yesterday. There were both Catalyst and Reactor invasions at different times. I got the first 3 runs of each done before the % changed from 50.

Maybe what needs to happen is have a catalyst on one side and a reactor on the other?

Instead of adding stuff like Grineer trapdoors and broken lights to discourage players to rush, add stuff to keep it that way because these invasions make you rush soo fast that even with a full squad of zoran copters you will get 4/5 done at most by the time the invasion is over >_>

I agree invasions that have "high value" rewards dont' last anywhere near as long as they should. When something like an orokin catalyst appears on an alert, players will typically get 1-2 hours to notice and start the mission to get the blueprint. With these invasions however, they are hit with a double-whammy against them, because not only are these invasions usually finished well within an hour, but earning the reward REQUIRES the player to complete five runs of the mission before they are qualified. This leads to a large amount of players missing out, or trying to squeeze in enough runs before it runs out, leading to an even more agonizing failure when they're not able to make it. This is also harsh when you consider that most other invasions tend to last days, not minutes.

An even more simple solution to the issue would be to simply increase the number of "completion points" necessary for a faction to win the invasion. In practice, the invasion generator could automatically multiply the completion points by a factor of five, if it detects any of the rewards for the invasion are a catalyst, reactor, or forma. Now we have an invasion that will last several hours, making a much wider window for players to receive their reward.

I am disapointed as invasion appeared when i was not home. Rushed to my PC, and couldnt make it to the 5 missions.

This last invasion had a duration of ~50min.

45,000 points were needed for a faction to win. That's really not enough for such high-value rewards.

Solution would be DE really increse the needed points for such rewards ... at least doubling them, if not tripling.

Please, DE? :)

Most of the time, I don't even bother doing invasions any more. The rewards for normal ones are too low to run five exterminations (heck, I get more than double the money for five void exterminations, and I don't need any of the clantech stuff) in a row, and those with rare rewards (catalyst, reactor, forma) are over far to quick.

I ran the Titan mission today -- got in at the start but between bugs and the game glitching and not counting my score, I barely got 5 missions done in time -- squeaked into the last one at about 1% left on the time.

High value rewards like the catalysts need to be given a minimum time, something like 45 minutes or an hour. Otherwise it's not fair and makes people resent the system.

High value rewards like the catalysts need to be given a minimum time, something like 45 minutes or an hour.

You could even slap that minimum duration on all invasions and noone would notice except for those rare reward ones. Some of those 25k credit invasions go on for days, so 1h minimum duration doesn't matter at all. (Because I bet someone at DE is going to say that it's too much work to program a detection for rare rewards and put a minimum duration just on those missions.)

You could even slap that minimum duration on all invasions and noone would notice except for those rare reward ones. Some of those 25k credit invasions go on for days, so 1h minimum duration doesn't matter at all. (Because I bet someone at DE is going to say that it's too much work to program a detection for rare rewards and put a minimum duration just on those missions.)

Exactly. Give all invasions a minimum of 60 minutes, and only the high value reward missions that need it will be affected.