Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Provide Stance Mod With Weapons Like Ability Mods Or Else!

Ereus

[Whine section]

Melee 2.0. We all know it's a failure. It almost feels like Vay Hek's project Tethra. All this effort and BAM! Nothing. 

Why is that? Because we can't find stance mods. What's going to be next? Will you take ability mods from warframes and make people collect them through grind? It feels this way and it's the same at it's core.

If you make something for people to experience and then say "NO, BECAUSE RNG WALL!" Then you fail. Dramatically, drastically and what was supposed to be fun becomes your undoing.

There's only one picture that can describe this and knowing full well there may be consequences I still post it along:

3mLydMU.png

[suggestion section]

post-16097-Angry-James-Woods-Hades-Okay-

Okay. Now for some constructive feedback. Let's make some things clear:

-you CAN'T buy those stance mods on the market so making them inaccessible isn't a way to get money from people.

-they are NOT provided with plat-bought weapons like potatoes are.

-You can only acquire them via GRIND or buy from players who have GRINDED them.

Therefore I assume that increasing the grind was your goal with this update. Possibly to make up for no end game until solar rails are constructed.

Now, tell me why are Warframes delivered with abilities? Because if they weren't it wouldn't be fun, hell, you even changed the script so those early mods take 0 mod points so new players can enjoy them!

That's all fine and dandy if you understand that making a melee system that handicaps it's user unless he has a super-rare stance mod is a bit counterproductive to say the least. And it's extremely boring just as melee 1.0. In my opinion you have failed to notice such a fact.

Here's what I suggest

Deliver each stance mod with each weapon just like you do with abilities and warframes. Make your choices consistent, not irritating.

Simple? Simple. If you want RNG it's more than enough already. The lower it becomes the more people will like your game. 

If you need RNG to make people play your game, then this game is not worth it.

I've been a Tenno since Dark Sector and it pains me to see the RNG increase more and more.

I'm done.

Since+_77014b53933275fba30b33c5997b710f.

The stance mods are barely even rare, hell I already have the crimson dervish. These mods are as rare as ammo mutations

Edit: Btw the stance mods changes about as much as a aura changes and most players don't need auras till late game. . 

Edited by Zarbain

honestly all they need to do is give a free iron phoenix with every skana (>o.o)> blam even newbies now have a stance mod that is usable

you could even give it to them in the tutorial or something BOOM now everyone even people who already leveled the skana now can get that stance wich is honestly a good enterence into the system

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

IMO they should just add another stance to every weapon type which is not as strong as the farmable melee stances but will get provided if you craft/buy a melee weapon. 

Oh, and these type of stances should NOT be in the drop tables or bought, just provided once you craft/buy a weapon, to prevent more delusion of some of the rare mods. 

Since I think there is only 1 stance per weapon right now, they should have just given it to us and then added new ones later. Half of U13/melee2.0 was hidden behind RNG and that was very disappointing.

Actually, everything except for katana, glaive, and machete have 2 stances

I do agree the over reliance on RNG for stances is a bit much, and is my biggest complaint concerning melee 2.0. Since the update I have obtained only 3 stance mods thus far, all for different classes of weapons. I don't mind the grinding THAT much since it is making me a lot of credits and common crafting materials, which are always helpful. Not to mention the majority of these mods drop from common enemies (relatively speaking), I get more frustrated by the drop chance for mods in general being somewhat unreliable, if the enemies dropped more mods that would mean more chances of getting the stances.

i got 2 stances in 3 "Nuovo" runs while looking for beacons, keep one traded the other all that in around 30mins of gameplay, and got me enough beacons for 1 key and half the second one, i don't see that "grindwall" you speak of.

still need hydroid systems but got 2 parts and 2 stances in a single day, that's way faster than what it took to get FROST (normal one is harder to get which makes no sense), if you could get all the shiny new stuff without investing effort or time, how many updates would they need to keep you busy?

but i guess they should put stances in market at 100 platinum a piece so you can get you easy mode, we can keep our rewards and they make some money on the side WIN-WIN-WIN.

I get more frustrated by the drop chance for mods in general being somewhat unreliable, if the enemies dropped more mods that would mean more chances of getting the stances.

get a loot booster it affects mats, mods and enemy dropped parts/BPs you need the increased chance which also affects whole team.

All i see is another whinner topic. I have already gotten two Stance mods and cant wait to "FARM" the rest. At some point it will drop anyways and im not that much fan of Melee that i cant play without it.

I agree with most of your point.  But I just cant take your "Or else" seriously.

I know the feel. Im kinda curious, what would be the worst he could do other then spam the forums and DE`s support mail?

I know the feel. Im kinda curious, what would be the worst he could do other then spam the forums and DE`s support mail?

Nothing in particular. It was just a figure of speech.

After hours of farming I've dropped some stances and all I can say is they don't add anything to the gameplay after all. Enemies are either too weak to bother with executing them or too strong to get close to them.

I'm disappointed.

Edited by Ereus

considering how often we get thunderbolt to drop... and that, we want them now ...  its grinfest at its finest.  ye sure u dont need stances to clear missions, but its like : u know there are dual swords, u get one sword, and then u need to grind to get second to use it as dual ... sure, single works, but its just part of the whole ...

simply put, stance mods are wrong rarity as in curent system, since u dont hawe any combos by default. its like geting warframe without any powers.

considering how often we get thunderbolt to drop... and that, we want them now ...  its grinfest at its finest.  ye sure u dont need stances to clear missions, but its like : u know there are dual swords, u get one sword, and then u need to grind to get second to use it as dual ... sure, single works, but its just part of the whole ...

simply put, stance mods are wrong rarity as in curent system, since u dont hawe any combos by default. its like geting warframe without any powers.

I have more Thunderbolts than I could ever need.

Also, the comparison is wrong.  Not getting a Stance with the weapon is more akin to...I don't know, having the basic weapon just like we did before Melee 2.0 came out?  In case you didn't notice, you can attack quite well without combos.  You aren't blocked from doing wall attacks, jump attacks, finishers, or anything like that.  The only thing you lost was Charge, and you can Channel without Stances too!

I've only found one stance and...honestly...it didnt add much. I've heard a few have cool AoE attacks. But the one I have is a silly ground slam which has less radius and takes far longer to execute than a jump attack.

sounds like shattering storm to me. falling rock? yeah, the radius of that last hit should be a lot larger

I was able to take advantage of Melee 2.0 for dozens of melee only runs without having found a Stance.

The complaints about "needing Stances to enjoy" are invalid.

this is what melee 2.0 is all about. no one seems to understand that you don't need stance mods. they add one or two combo attacks each, that's it. I thought it changed your normal attack, jump attack, slide attack, wall attack, and finisher, but it doesn't. based on the combos you might assume they did, since they gave some of them names (but not all, I think we should start up some suggestion topics to fill in the entries), but those attacks are the same as without a stance mod

I was pretty disappointed that some rare stances only gave 1 combo, while some uncommon stances gave 2. I feel like the rarer ones should all have 2, while uncommon should have 1. get some consistency going

anyway, melee 2.0 is all about running around with your sword, blocking attacks and slicing fools. you don't need stances to do that. you'll need a variety of melee mods, but stances only add those combo attacks. I think they should add more, but they don't. well, they add extra capacity, but you really don't need that if you have a potato, or some forma

I was pretty disappointed that some rare stances only gave 1 combo, while some uncommon stances gave 2. I feel like the rarer ones should all have 2, while uncommon should have 1. get some consistency going

My disappointment with the Pole arm stances,  the pain my Orthos suffers is too great.

All stances should give at the very least 2 combos. 

-You can only acquire them via GRIND or buy from players who have GRINDED them.

nnaaaaaahhh lol

Aside from the Banshee Helm, I don't think I've ever grinded very hard for anything in this game since you can get stuff semi-easily from Trade chat.

Most of the sellers I've dealt with say they just sell drops they don't need, as in, gotten through normal everyday gameplay. They're not specifically grinding to get a whip stance to sell, especially not a stance that nobody wants lol. They find stuff and trade for other stuff they want more.

I guess there are people who badly want a specific stance, and they're grinding hard for it. I was that same way with the Banshee Helm.

Try trading prime weapon parts for the stances, you probably have a million of those anyway.

However, I do see how newer players would feel left out, but that's neither here nor there.

IMO they should just add another stance to every weapon type which is not as strong as the farmable melee stances but will get provided if you craft/buy a melee weapon. 

I agree 100% with this statement, A more basic stance would work well, specially to get new players used to combos.