Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Hero's Arena

VioDuskar

not to name drop, but if anyone had played the original Fable they would remember the hero's arena.

Before my idea is tossed out as "modified" Defense. I'd like to out line what I'm talking about

Have an arena, on each planet, where you are put in the center and "waves" of enemies come at you.

each wave includes more enemies and each wave the enemies get tougher.

every "X" number of waves might have a certain gimmick.

instead of extracting at waves have an elevator in the center, or off center wall, that would allow us to go beneath the arena to exit. (you can chicken out anytime)

each planet will have the enemies be the majority controller of that planet (corpus/infested/grineer)

each planet's highest enemy level on one off it's node will be the enemy starting level (e.g. Pluto's outer terminus node is lv28-33, so base enemy level would be 33)

-every 5 waves is only eximus units .

-every 8 waves is only drones/rollers

-every 10 waves is all heavy units.

-every 15 waves is a massive flood of weak units to kill (~100+ butchers/rollers/osprey to kill at once anyone?)

-every 20-25 waves could yield a boss being spawned (jackal/hyenas/tyl regor/sargus ruk/etc. (alone or with "friends")

-common denominator wave could be combinations (with exemptions) such as wave 40 being all drones/roller eximus units

-possibly a wave 100 cap, with a badge reward for beating that planet's area.

-wave 100 would have all the wave gimmicks of the table above. (eximus, heavy units, and a boss) because wave 100 is supposed to be hardcore

IMPLICATIONS:

this is not for the weak of heart, it is for those looking for a challenge.

It will allow an easy way to farm if you are higher level while giving you a task that isn't mundane due to wave gimmicks.

Makes frames use all of their abilities in tandem to stay alive. (enemies on four corners, radial disarm or frost globe and pick off at a distance? Depends on the wave gimmick, all bombards or all osprey?)

some wave gimmicks might encourage or allow us to get our melee combo counter up (300 butchers released at once)

people like a "Goal" so a wave 100 cap will encourage high ranking players to form area teams to endure the long haul. even if it's just to say "we did it, look i have Pluto's arena badge"

Rewards:

other than the obvious boost to RNG (i hate that term, it's really drop chance) 

possible wave based reward similar to defense, that stack.

Allows for a new reward table to be added if wave based rewards are added. (arena only weapon parts?)

ability to fill out the codex easier because of wave gimmick enemies (for those who care)

large amounts of XP for  the grinders in us, without having to craft an ODD.

a Challenge for "endgame" players

more badges in WF (if there is a wave 100 cap)

TL:DR? Arena mode with maybe new drop table, Loot, EXP, and challenge

and before anyone spouts "that's too hard!" well of course, it needs to be hard, but it would scale to the planet's level. so Venus would be easy as pie. wave 100 might be Vor, and 5 lv12-20 heavy eximus units. do you think that's hard? whereas wave 100 of Pluto might be ambulas and 30-40 lv100 heavy eximus units. because it's the hardest level planet in the game.

Edited by VioDuskar

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Instead of located at each planet, make it a Relay facility. Maybe a virtual arena for lore wise. Or even imply a leaderboard system? But for me, the enemies do not drop resources and mod or it will become another farmer plot. They oni drop orbs and ammo.

I hope you know what I mean, sorry for my poor Englis:P

Edited by Quatrez

Instead of located at each planet, make it a Relay facility. Maybe a virtual arena for lore wise. Or even imply a leaderboard system? But for me, the enemies do not drop resources and mod or it will become another farmer plot. They oni drop orbs and ammo.

I hope you know what I mean, sorry for my poor Englis:P

well, now that relays are out i could do some tweaking!

I'd like it to be a good place to farm, perhaps have it's own drop table.

it's just as much a farm as defense or survival.