Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Ra - The Solar Warframe

IKILLPPL

Name

Ra - Named for Ra, the ancient Egyptian solar diety.

Role

Caster/Warrior (Uses high damage output abilities that hit from range and other abilities to aid him in fighting)

Bio

Ra is a powerful Warframe who derives his power from the stars. His abilities range from harnessing the destructive power of stars to obliterate his enemies to using raw solar energy to boost his speed and shields. The damage he deals is mainly in radiation, to match the source of his power. Ra has fairly low armor and moderate health, but a high shield capacity.

Abilities

1 - Gamma Burst (25 energy cost): Ra fires off a concentrated line of Gamma Radiation at a target, dealing high radiation damage and causing a small explosion to effect targets around it. Power strength mods can be used to increase damage and explosion size.

2 - Solar Flare (50 energy cost): Ra emits a flash of brightness, temporarily blinding and confusing enemies around him. Duration mods can be used to increase the amount of time the speed effect lasts.

3 - Solar Shield (75 energy cost): Ra uses a large amount of his energy to greatly boost his shields for a time. Power strength mods can be used to increase amount of shield gained and duration mods can be used to increase effect duration.

4 - Supernova (100 energy cost): Ra uses a massive amount of energy to emulate the explosive death of a star, creating an large explosion around him that incinerates everything in its path. Power strength mods can be used to increase damage and range mods can be used to increase explosion radius.

Other Potential Abilities

Lightspeed: Ra uses some of his energy to provide a massive speed boost to himself for a short time. 

Heat Wave: Ra heats up the air around him, dealing damage to any enemy bold enough to approach.

Black Hole: Ra creates a small black hole that pulls enemies and items toward it and freezes them as they cross its event horizon. They will slowly take small amounts of damage while frozen. 

Concept Art

None yet. Sadly I'm pretty bad at artistic stuff so if anyone would like to make some concept art for me it would be awesome.

Edited by IKILLPPL

I like this concept, although Solar Flare sounds just like Radial Blind.

Many abilities in the warframes that are already in the game are recycled, just slightly changed. Considering how helpful that move is and how well it fits with the theme, I think it's reasonable.

I feel like the name Ra does not fit well with his ability names, I mean, i cant really see the ancient egyptians running around chatting about gamma bursts and Supernovae. I like the concept and abilities, but I don't know that the name fits with the theme of your ability names (ancient mythological being + astro-physics = ?)

I feel like the name Ra does not fit well with his ability names, I mean, i cant really see the ancient egyptians running around chatting about gamma bursts and Supernovae. I like the concept and abilities, but I don't know that the name fits with the theme of your ability names (ancient mythological being + astro-physics = ?)

How about Apollo, a bit farther into time, also an Ancient god.