Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Content Updates Could Not Be Downloaded

(PSN)DERyanPub

Hello Warframers!

We are currently looking into the issue players are reporting involving the error  "Some content updates could not be downloaded please exit and try again later" on the updater.

Please use this thread to discuss the issue. Please provide as much info as possible, the more information we have the sooner we can fix it. We need to know how many people this is affecting and what everyone has tried that has worked/not worked.

Information/data can become corrupted when downloading from any source, this is commonly the result of poor network conditions or intermittent network errors on either side of the process.

Examples of info that would help:

1) Has/Is anyone been crashing when attempting to download the data through the Updater?

2) Restarting the console letting it sit off for ~30 seconds to ensure the RAM has been cleared. Rebooting and trying again? 

3) Turning off the console and restarting the router/modem you use to connect to the internet and attempting the download again?

4) Has anyone tried deleting the game including their save data, and then re-downloading it? (this is terrible and time consuming I know and I'm sorry to suggest it, but it should be sort of a last resort, sometimes the only way to fix corrupted data is to remove it and download it again ) :( 

We are working on it and your input/help is appreciated.

Hi !

So I recently downloaded update 13.3 on my ps4 both in app and out on ps4 downloads. While when the update got completed on the in app screen I get the message "some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers.please restart warframe to try again"

I have read your solution on the forums and it did not help me. Here's the list of what I have tried so far.

1. Update ps4 to latest firmware : done and installed 1.71 the day it came out.

2. Delete a failed warframe update file from notifications : didn't have any failed updates so it can't be done.

3.switch of ps4 for few minutes and restart so that ps4 ram memory gets cleaned: did turn off and on.

4. Restore licences : did it ,again nothing.

5.restart warframe: did it 25 times already.

6.set up network config on ps4 again: done 2 to three times

7.reset your network router and see if its on latest firmware: done and its on latest firmware already.

8. Try launching warframe from the update file on notification are: Again nothing.

9.delete and download warframe again: not done but one of my friends is suffering from the same problem and downloaded it again to no effect: so no point in re downloading.

No not crashing on the updater

Edited by (PS4)elendil88601

Dear DE,

Done that before you even suggested it. Also here's what I did:

- turned my wireless 5min then turned it on. ( didn't work)

- set up new connection ( didn't work)

- deleted the update both warframe and ps4 system. ( didn't work)

- deleted the game and download it again. ( didn't work)

I don't know what else I did but the problem is your server not my region nor connection. But to have this problem for 2-3 days I mean c'mon....

Thanks for the info we are still working on trying to figure this out. Keep posting any info you can every little bit helps.

In the meantime if your network setup allows it can you please change the Primary DNS on your Playstation to 8.8.8.8

and try again.

On the Playstation:

- Go to Settings

- Network

- Set up Internet Connection

- Set up the connection inline with the settings for your network, with the exception of making the Primary DNS 8.8.8.8

if anyone attempts this please let me know how it goes

Thanks

I dont know if this would help-- But I did uninstall and re install my game the night before the patch went live--- and I also deleted the save files out of my PS4 AND the Playstation + Cloud.  Now-- I did Reinstall the 13.0.7 build before updating to 13.3.1 (I think is what we have + a few things)

I had no problem whatsoever downloading the update-- however, one thing that was different about this one.  I never recieved an automatic (warframe has been updated) when I turned my Ps4 on at like 2-3 pm EST.  I actually had to just launch warframe and let it update through the launcher, then after the fact-- in my notifications it said Warframe Update file has been downloaded.

I know this info is vague-- But I do hope it helps you.  Also-- really nice to see  a DE person with a (PS4) in front of their name! :-)

Thanks Ryan!

EDIT- Clarity:  By uninstall and reinstall I meen I "Deleted the APP"  booted down my ps4 for a while-- came back and re downloaded warframe from the PSN store.  

NOTE:  When you delete your Save data from your ps4-- all it contains is what you had equipped in your gear slots and all your option settings (controller bindings and all of that)  it's quick and easy to fix IMO.

Edited by (PS4)Crackle2012

Thanks for the info we are still working on trying to figure this out. Keep posting any info you can every little bit helps.

In the meantime if your network setup allows it can you please change the Primary DNS on your Playstation to 8.8.8.8

and try again.

On the Playstation:

- Go to Settings

- Network

- Set up Internet Connection

- Set up the connection inline with the settings for your network, with the exception of making the Primary DNS 8.8.8.8

if anyone attempts this please let me know how it goes

Thanks

I am using the google public dns settings

My primary dns is 8.8.8.8 and secondary is 8.8.4.4 for a long time now

1-Delete the game.

2-Download it again.

3-you will get two files: update file (delete it immediately), main file (wait till it complete).

4-when you have warframe ready get it started, they will ask you to update it and you will new update file.

5- download it and it will be fixed hope that helped.

Thanks to [DE] Nathan from support desk I found the solution to my problem.

What seemed to work for me was add warframe to the exception list to my router's firewall and forwarding specific ports needed by the game.

The complete step by step guide can be found on www.portforwarding.com

Just select your router brand and model then select warframe and it will provide you with detailed steps.

You can forward ports for any game with the help of their guide.

You'll have to do this on pc though.

Just try it if you're having this problem.

Worked for me.

It has been a few days now cant play warframe. I own almost all warframes and weapons and cant even enjoy it a little now since 13.3  I'm also stuck at the some content not downloaded from servers. Changed DNS, deleted app. nothing seems to work now. Nice to know this is out and there is no fix for it as now all the time invested in that game is gone so Every one give the developers and admins a hand. As it seems this is a permanent crash and repairable. Thanks for your assistance as it seems the only help we can get is the obvious answers we already know to do. Again thanks and looks like I'm out as well good luck to those that cant get on either.