Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Original Warframe Concept

NarwhalStorm

Unfortunately, I saw that there was already a plant-themed Warframe, but I hope that I can differentiate mine enough for it to be original.

Conception: I looked at all the Warframes as a whole, and most of the damage types seem to be covered: Frost is Ice, Ember is Fire, Mag is Magnetic, Volt is Electric, Saryn is Poison, Oberon is Radiation, etc. (I might be wrong about a few of these), and figured that an easy way for me to start would be to create a frame based around a damage type, and a theme that would fit with that damage type.

Name: Saboten (Japanese for "cactus", name subject to change)

Theme: Thorny/Spiky/Spiny plants

Background: Came about after analysis of terrestrial and extraterrestrial plant matter to develop a plant that could act as a food source while also being hardy and naturally deterrent to wildlife.  Saboten can control the biological processes of plant matter around him like leaf shape, height, osmotic pressure, chlorophyll levels, etc.

Stats:

(Unranked)

Health: 75

Shields: 150

Armor: 200

Skills: (these might seem kinda comical, so I'll probably have to redo them as well, at least in terms of name)

1) Spinefruit Bomb

Saboten throws a "Spinefruit" at the target location that has been modified to increase its internal pressures, with the bases of its spiny leaves being the only outlet, thus sending its spines flying into enemies.

2) Sawleaf Wall

Saboten creates a wall of "Sawleaves", briefly slowing and damaging any enemies that come into contact with it (actually procs Slash damage)

3) Poisonhair Lash

Saboten throws out a rope of "Poisonhair", damaging and pulling an enemy towards him.  Also damages any enemies that come into contact with the rope while it's out (this aspect of this ability is courtesy of TheCuddlyRoman). (also procs Poison damage)

4) Spikevine Pit

Saboten uses "Spikevines" to continually constrict enemies in the surrounding area, rooting them and dealing high damage over a short period of time (always procs Puncture damage)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to leave feedback, but please note 2 things:

1) I appreciate correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling (spelling is not as important)

2) I'd like feedback and advice on this, but only positive (constructive criticism counts), although I might not take all the advice I'm given

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog

7/5/14 - Changed names of skills and their descriptions due to advice from Cobalt313

7/24/14 - Added additional effect to Poisonhair Lash based on comments from TheCuddlyRoman and added preliminary Unranked Health, Shield, and Armor values

Edited by NarwhalStorm

Nice concept, but IMO just for sake of setting it might be best to rename its abilities to not refer to specific Earth plants. For the first ability for example I'm pretty sure there are plants with somewhat thorny seed pods that do explode to release the seeds within, and I'm pretty sure toxic leaves aren't exclusive to the holly plant.

Nice concept, but IMO just for sake of setting it might be best to rename its abilities to not refer to specific Earth plants. For the first ability for example I'm pretty sure there are plants with somewhat thorny seed pods that do explode to release the seeds within, and I'm pretty sure toxic leaves aren't exclusive to the holly plant.

That I will take into consideration.  Thanks.