Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows In Memoriam

JerZeyCJ

We almost have 1/5th of the 501st D:

The odds of getting the full list of the 501st (on these forums, at least) are slim to none. Not everyone uses the forums, or they don't know that they even exist.

DE has the full list, but I highly doubt it has the names of the lost kubrows.

Pfft... it's a virtual pet, I don't give a crap if it dies or not... I can just get another Kubrow and named it the same, like Sentinels.. But the x10 MODS for free is so fvking unfair

They're virtual pets but, maybe they mean something to other people? maybe some guy named it after his lost / possibly dead dog huh?

Hope you enjoy hell, @&#(&*@#$#.

Pfft... it's a virtual pet, I don't give a crap if it dies or not... I can just get another Kubrow and named it the same, like Sentinels.. But the x10 MODS for free is so fvking unfair

i'll put it to you in terms you understand

Kubrow + starting pack + rushing everything + genetic appearances = 600 plat = i cared for that kubrow not only emotionally but also financially and im not the only one who spend money on the kubrow im almost certain 501 people lost money for that, so yeah, i think is fair to get 10 mods for losing money. you get it now?

We played Waframe for the space ninjas.

But what we got...

Was unbearable Kubrow egg RNG. However, as time went on, these 501 pet owners managed their way to successfully hatch a kubrow. They raised it for three days, hoping for the perfect fluffy space dog we had always wanted ever since. But now, these 501 warframes grieve as their companion abruptly disappeared. Leaving no trace of what had happened to them. Then they realized, it was the end of what they had first created. R.I.P in pieces 501 kubrows, you have been precious to your owners.

But what we truly got...

Was a day where the creators of the creators of the kubrows learned that bugs are very dangerous. But it was also an event that scars warframe forever.

Speaking of bugs, I blame Ordis. He probably threw them out of the ship. These damn AIs, always taking over everything. You know I thought we would have a happy future. But then this stupid piece of ship junk comes out of nowhere, always saying things like "OH HEY LOOK AT ITS TINY NOSE OPERATOR, KUBROWS AIN'T FOOKIN BAD AT ALL" and "IT'S GOING TO SPREAD ITS POOP ALL OVER THE PLACE OPERATOR." Well then, why don't you "operator" somewhere else you damn bug, because someone is going to be going out of this ship, aside from me, of course. 

Well then, where was I?

Oh right, R.I.P, 501 kubrow.

Edited by ThatOnePerson

I just got word from support that they won't be doing anything more to try and get our Kubrows back or give us compensation for what we spent on customization. I feel like they robbed me, then gave me kneejerk, easy-out apology. Man... I really like Warframe, but this is killing that love.

I just got word from support that they won't be doing anything more to try and get our Kubrows back or give us compensation for what we spent on customization. I feel like they robbed me, then gave me kneejerk, easy-out apology. Man... I really like Warframe, but this is killing that love.

I also find it a bit...odd, that the support email I got said that Kubrow perma-death was intended. Now, I find that odd because one, Rebecca acted like it was a bug and mentioned that they had fixed it, and two, that just seems like a poor design decision, especially when you don't tell your players that.

I also find it a bit...odd, that the support email I got said that Kubrow perma-death was intended

Wait. What? Something we spent platinum on that just gets deleted from our account with no warnIng? For real? I don't even...

Wait. What? Something we spent platinum on that just gets deleted from our account with no warnIng? For real? I don't even...

Yup, the exact quote being:

"4. Initially, if you failed to protect your Kubrow on the collar mission it would die. While that was the intention from the start we did not point that out explicitly which lead to some confusion. So those that failed to protect your Kubrow during the first hours received the Kubrow Starter pack, worth 65 Platinum via in-game mail to try again. Unfortunately we cannot recover expired Kubrows or offer any additional recompense. Remember that they are not a mechanical tool, they are your new fluffy mortal pals! Protect them!"

So yeah, it was initially "intentional" but everything Rebecca said made it sound like a bug,

Yup, the exact quote being:

"4. Initially, if you failed to protect your Kubrow on the collar mission it would die. While that was the intention from the start we did not point that out explicitly which lead to some confusion. So those that failed to protect your Kubrow during the first hours received the Kubrow Starter pack, worth 65 Platinum via in-game mail to try again. Unfortunately we cannot recover expired Kubrows or offer any additional recompense. Remember that they are not a mechanical tool, they are your new fluffy mortal pals! Protect them!"

So yeah, it was initially "intentional" but everything Rebecca said made it sound like a bug,

Now I'm actually angry. I was just sad until reading that message.

That message is such utter and complete garbage.

-There was no warning of permadeath.

-Nothing else in the game is deleted from your account when it dies. 

-Bleedout on Kubrows was not working at the time.

-People who let their Kubrows die and people who protected their Kubrows alike lost them to permadeath.

-As soon as DE figured out it was happening, they shut it down server side.

-They issued some level of compensation and Rebecca talked about having a memorial in their office, as well as looking into giving us a way to restore our Kubrows in some fashion.

Really, DE? This is what you are allowing your support staff to communicate to us? That your conglomeration of bugs means the final result is somehow our fault and you more than made up for it? Wow.

Edited by Emberglow