Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage2Stronk (Bugs With Hall Of Mirrors)

frozenballz

So uh. I got my mirage built today (rushed her <_<) and decided to level her up. went to sechura,  and joined a team with 3 others. One of the players, Blasphemia was also a mirage. He died to my Ogris. We had no idea how that happened, so we laughed it off and continued, till it happened again. I decided to load up shadowplay to try and replicate it and get footage of it to show it to the devs as it really does need fixing, but also found another problem.

1. Using Hall of Mirrors and using an explosive weapon to kill enemies and having a teammate near the explosion radius can teamkill them. I replicated this consistently with Blasphemia (it was just us two in the second game, had to reboot pc to get shadowplay working again).

2. Hall of Mirrors seems to be giving a massive damage bonus to your weapon. My Ogris has 6 formas and max serration/elementals etc and does around 12-15k damage per shot. However, using the Ogris plus Hall of Mirrors seems to give a massive damage bonus to it, making it do anywhere between 100k-300k damage per missile. This can be further boosted with Eclipse. at one point i was doing 550k-600k damage per missile with Hall of Mirrors and Eclipse active at the same time. 

Here is a video to show what i mean, and the (hopefully) clear steps on how to replicate the bug. This really does need to be looked at and fixed asap- the team-killing was initially funny but as more people find out about it it's going to get more and more frustrating as people start trolling etc. 

Edited by frozenballz

the extra damage is because the other mirages (hall of mirrors) also shoots i guess

While each clone from Hall of Mirrors does do a percentage of the main Mirage's damage (most have put it at about 25%), that shouldn't account for ~10x the damage he's seeing, unless he's running a max Strength build and the percentage increases to phenomenal (and quite broken) levels. However, I'd be willing to bet that it's a bug or unintentional, since there are other problems shown with the Ogris and Mirage (ie: teammate slaughter).

So uh. I got my mirage built today (rushed her <_<) and decided to level her up. went to sechura,  and joined a team with 3 others. One of the players, Blasphemia was also a mirage. He died to my Ogris. We had no idea how that happened, so we laughed it off and continued, till it happened again. I decided to load up shadowplay to try and replicate it and get footage of it to show it to the devs as it really does need fixing, but also found another problem.

1. Using Hall of Mirrors and using an explosive weapon to kill enemies and having a teammate near the explosion radius can teamkill them. I replicated this consistently with Blasphemia (it was just us two in the second game, had to reboot pc to get shadowplay working again).

2. Hall of Mirrors seems to be giving a massive damage bonus to your weapon. My Ogris has 6 formas and max serration/elementals etc and does around 12-15k damage per shot. However, using the Ogris plus Hall of Mirrors seems to give a massive damage bonus to it, making it do anywhere between 100k-300k damage per missile. This can be further boosted with Eclipse. at one point i was doing 550k-600k damage per missile with Hall of Mirrors and Eclipse active at the same time. 

Here is a video to show what i mean, and the (hopefully) clear steps on how to replicate the bug. This really does need to be looked at and fixed asap- the team-killing was initially funny but as more people find out about it it's going to get more and more frustrating as people start trolling etc. 

1 : It does that, very rarely. It only allowed me to do that once to a teammate.

2 : It's not Mirrors. Mirrors' attacks BARELY do any damage. You had Eclipse active and were standing in light, and Eclipse gives you a massive damage boost. I'd assume it lets your Mirrors give that much, too.

For this video: I only had a max continuity, max ability mods and max redirection installed. 

also, as of this video, i am now apparently doing damage to the pod when i use HoM + Ogris to kill enemies near the pod. i brought the pod on sechura from 17k to 9k in one hit. this is after the latest hotfix (14.0.3). the damage numbers seem to have dropped down as well dramatically. still testing. 

@Etsoree watch the video again- I do not have Eclipse active. Eclipse gives you like a pseudo iron skin type of "shiny" coating. I dont have that. I activated eclipse later on, but that footage is not in the video. 

Edited by frozenballz

I got a weird problem as well. I was playing around with Mirage and hall of mirrors (maxed) and I decided to take an ogris to sinai. First wave, I let the crawlers build up a bit (cryochamber had about 13K health still), used hall of mirrors and then unleashed what seemed like 50 rockets (also have split chamber). I got a instant failed mission. The AOE seemed to affect the health of the cryochamber! Any one else have this problem? Doesn't seem to be a problem with Penta, but Orgris was unusable as I kept basically killing the cryopod!

Edit: Posted without looking at above post! Same issue, e.g. ogris and HOM is useless in defence. 

Edited by nas711

Another update and another bug lol. Mirage + HoM and Angstrum built with a bigger clip allows you to kill stuff without firing a single shot. Basically, the angstrum bigger clip mod (nightmare one, or normal one) does not affect the mirrors, so they fire before you actually fire. with a 6 forma damage/multishot build, my mirrors were doing 45k damage to enemies. if you basically hit the reload button before you have to fire, your mirrors fire off, and you dont use any ammo. 

I experienced the same "issue" just now. I was using a rank 6 mirage and rank 6 amprex and decided to give it a whirl on mercury survival. Went in there and I was barely killing, flipped my clones out and they were doing 36k crits on enemies without even trying. I was doing 12 damage per shot or so.

I have noticed my Sicarus Prime (level 28, no formas) with a few mods (Hornet Strike, Split Barrel, Slip Magazine) barely damages anything (the max i've seen is 210 per shot), but if I aim slightly left or right of a target so one of my mirrors can hit, i've been getting blast procs and instant killing Ancients on Sechura all the way up to the 20 minute mark.

^ can confirm this. I used an unranked akzani, my shots were doing 13-14 damage on sechura, but if my mirrors hit them, i was getting consistent blast and corrosive procs and normal damage averaging around 7.5k, with crits hitting for 15-6k.