Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Forum Look Feels Too Much Like Assassin's Creed

GhostSwordsman

This is mostly just a request to have the text color changed back or changed to anything other than red. Please.

Look, I get it, red stands out. But it just feels too much like assassin's creed and not like warframe and I don't like it. I could get used to this new sleek, streamlined, clean look, if it weren't for the red text everywhere. It just doesn't fit warframe's theme or atmosphere in my eyes. Well, I could probably get used to it if it weren't for the red text everywhere and the white forum boards, the dark ones were much easier to read.

Why not go with the color used in the new lotus flower icon? It's a nice cool color that isn't red, fits within warframe's theme(in my eyes) more so than red, and it should still stand out on the white/grey/blueish-grey background.

Otherwise, here is my complete feedback on the new forums look:

It looks cleaner, and more sleek/streamline. But The white forum boards just don't seem to fit, to me at least. I like the dark forum boards better. I can't decide which theme to use though, because they said the dark theme won't be getting updates and I don't know what they mean by that.

Essentially, I could get used to these new forums, but I think the old format of the "dark" theme was better. Especially the white text on the dark background.

Again, I'll say that I like the sleekness/cleaner looking look in the updated forums, BUT(and I can't stress that enough), the old "dark" theme was better. I know you can swap to the dark theme. However, the statement that the "dark" theme will not be updated like the "light" theme, with no specifics about what they mean by that, worries me. The new background is really cool too, though I can only see loki on my 1366x768 laptop screen.

Still prefer the old look to the new one. So please make a way for everyone to use one or the other without losing any sort of functionality

Edit: Until further information is given, I'm officially sticking with the "dark" theme. That and my eyes started to hurt using the new theme.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

yeah im not really diggin the new look either. Its not very "ninja-esque". I like the idea of a new look, but this red on white thing just looks.... unfinished to me.

Edit: Ah, took me a second to figure out how to switch it back. I think ill stick with the old look for now too.

Edited by Faulcun

(Reads this using the old forum look :3 )

I know, it's so much better. In the very least it's easier on the eyes. I posted the OP in the new theme, but switched back again because my eyes actually did start to hurt.

So basically, you don't like the red text? 

What I'm saying is it just doesn't seem to fit with Warframe, and contrasts too much with the new theme. And if you were going for a Redtext joke, I've already been labeled a heretic by "Redtext" haha. xP (not the actual DE Redtext guy, just a guy on the forums that used red text and called me a heretic for also using red text.)

Edited by GhostSwordsman