Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For The "change Theme "button - One Mild Suggestion

Volume

I really prefer the dark forums, and I can't tell if it's because of lack of eye strain (white/grey text on black background) or because of comfort / familiarity (I've been looking at it since January of last year, and sometimes it feels like the only real constant in my life. Should I seek help?)

But there is one little nagging thing I wish I could have different: The side / renders.

I might not like the *colors* of the new theme, but I really like the background. The render of Ember holding a boltor on the left, and think Rhino on the right looks pretty boss, with the Fragor.

I know it'd be absolutely ridiculous for me to suggest user-made or user-uploaded themes, but I really want to just take this background and remove all the white space and make it black, or just make the background darker. I'd like to have the new "imagery" with a dark theme.

I still love the "old" background though, with the stars and Excal shooting back with a Lato and slicing a crewman with a Skana and whatnot... (https://forums.warframe.com/public/style_images/Light_and_Dark/bg.jpg)

But I really like the new background, I just wish it wasn't so damn bright (https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/sites/all/themes/warframeWhiteReskin/images/mainSiteAssets/webBackground.jpg)

Like, is there a way that maybe someone could make a version of the new background to fit with the dark theme? That would be really cool. I know you said you're not doing updates, but what if someone made one, and sent it to you, or even uploaded it, could there be a "custom background URL" link in the profile and then you could change your own forums background? :3

just with Ember in in it :3

Edited by Volume

I can agree. The colors appear to be pale, and the known to be dark colors are now quite bright. 
On an artistic, and overall preferential viewpoint, I'd like the colors more distinct, and the blacks sharper in the background. Not by the largest of degrees, but do you know how looking at a computer monitor can make things appear darker? Looking at it from a rough 45 degree angle makes the background more natural. Less washed out.

Looking at it from a rough 45 degree angle makes the background more natural. Less washed out.

on a TN panel, absolutely. if you're unfortunate (normally that would be fortunate but i guess in this situation it's a bad thing instead of a good one) enough to have say, a good IPS / PLS or a MVA / PVA panel, that won't work, haha. their viewing range and color shift will be so good that it'll still look the same ;p

on topic:

the white on white on white on white general gist of the new theme is mildly amusing to me, but mostly alarming. as this is directly against Web Design and Graphic Design rules of thumb. contrast is a key part of legibility and flow, and stacking many of the same colors on top of each other does exactly the opposite of creating constrast and flow, therefore legibility dies.