Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear Tenno: Cato Purrkins (Cato) Warframe

Toko

"Cato Purrkins may be big and furry but its fur is as strong as any other Warframe suit. Cato is the Tenno mascot but not much else is known about who or where Cato came from but with only a known past linked to Hayden Tenno and under the personal protection of Lotus few dare to find out.”

Cato_Concept.jpg  Abilities: 1) Pounce, 2) Purr, 3) On Heat, 4) Cat Nap.

Above image is just a rough edited concept. It would need to be more detailed. Cato has a type of fur suit but it is unknown who or what is under it.

Note: This is a concept and experimentation Warframe, anyone trying to be smart with unconstructive feedback will just be ignored and reported.

As I know DERebbeca likes cats and is known for her quiet stance on them (not) I thought it be cool to make a serious and also a little fun Warframe based on a cat. I have used my pet cat, Cait Sith from Final Fantasy VII and Cat Sith the fairy tail as inflences to create something new.

I mostly see Cato as a strong melee fighter who does maximum damage at close range. Cato is also a very useful support character with crowd control abilities. Cato is big and strong but starts of slow and with low health.

Abilities:

1) Pounce = 25 Energy

Cato does a spiral claw attack with high melee damage to all enemies in a circle.

Mod Levels:

• Base level: 3+1 targets.

• Level 1: 3+2 targets.

• Level 2: 3+3 targets.

• Level 3: 3+4 targets.

2) Purr = 50 Energy

Cato rolls up and starts purring. This will cause all nearby enemies to stop attacking Cato and try to find a new target to attack.

Mod Levels:

• Base level: Last 5 seconds.

• Level 1: Last 8 seconds.

• Level 2: Last 11 seconds.

• Level 3: Last 14 seconds. 

3) On Heat = 50 Energy

Cato concentrates all its energy into a big explosive outburst. All melee damage is increased but also damage recieved. Does 50% more damage if used with Cato Claws.

Mod Levels:

• Base level: 10% extra melee damage. 5% Damage Taken.

• Level 1: 20% extra melee damage. 15% Damage Taken.

• Level 2: 30% extra melee damage. 25% Damage Taken.

• Level 3: 40% extra melee damage. 35% Damage Taken.

4) Cat Nap = 100 Energy.

Cato yawns and makes all nearby enemies fall asleep. Enemies wake up if damaged or over a period of time.

Mod Levels:

• Base level: 5 enemies fall asleep for 10 seconds.

• Level 1: 6 enemies fall asleep for 20 seconds.

• Level 2: 7 enemies fall asleep for 30 seconds.

• Level 3: 8 enemies fall asleep for 40 seconds.

Equipment:

• Cato Claws:
    Cato Claws are Cato's weapon of choice and helps Cato achieves maximum melee damage potential.

• Scent Dart Shooter:
    Use your scent loaded dart to paint a target which increases the target damage received by 15% for 10 seconds. Not usable on bosses of double Warframe level or other Tenno.

• Cato Hook:
    Use your specially designed Cato Hook to stun and bring up to 3 enemies to closer melee range. Works perfectly with the Cato Claws.

Helmets:

• Blue Ribbon:
    Cato speed increases by +0.4 but Energy capacity and Shield capacity is reduced by 20.

• Red Ribbon:
    Cato On Heat ability damage is doubled but normal melee damage is reduced by 25%.

• Pet Mouse:
    (Coming soon).

Base Statistics:

• Health = 80 85 (250 at 30)

• Power = 125 (190 at 30)

• Armour = 25

• Shield Capacity = 110 120 (450 at 30)

• Shield Recharge = 30

• Sprint Speed = 0.5 0.7

My previous Warframe idea for Lotus can be seen here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/27499-dear-tenno-lotus-prototype-warframe/.

Let me know what you think with constructive comments. I am a pretty good artist but not with a mouse.

I will likely make some changes in the future.

Updates (03/05/13):

- I have increased Cato's base run speed by +0.2, Health by +5 and Shields by +10.

- I have added the Red Ribbon Helmet.

- I have added a Note to the thread.

Edited by Toko

Oh my god you're serious about this. This is basically the most out of context warframe idea i've ever seen.

I am both serious and experimenting for fun. Also please read the thread before commenting.

Edited by Toko

"Cato Purrkins may be big and furry but its fur is as strong as any other Warframe suit. Cato is the Tenno mascot but not much else is known about who or where Cato came from but with only a known past linked to Hayden Tenno and under the personal protection of Lotus few dare to find out.”

Cato_Concept.jpg  Abilities: 1) Pounce, 2) Purr, 3) On Heat, 4) Cat Nap.

Above image is just a rough edited concept. It would need to be more detailed. Cato has a type of fur suit but it is unknown who or what is under it.

As I know DERebbeca likes cats and is known for her quiet stance on them (not) I thought it be cool to make a serious and also a little fun Warframe based on a cat. I have used my pet cat, Cait Sith from Final Fantasy VII and Cat Sith the fairy tail as inflences to create something new.

I mostly see Cato as a strong melee fighter who does maximum damage at close range. Cato is also a very useful support character with crowd control abilities. Cato is big and strong but starts of slow and with low health.

Abilities:

1) Pounce = 25 Energy

Cato does a spiral claw attack with high melee damage to all enemies in a circle.

Mod Levels:

• Base level: 3+1 targets.

• Level 1: 3+2 targets.

• Level 2: 3+3 targets.

• Level 3: 3+4 targets.

2) Purr = 50 Energy

Cato rolls up and starts purring. This will cause all nearby enemies to stop attacking Cato and try to find a new target to attack.

Mod Levels:

• Base level: Last 5 seconds.

• Level 1: Last 8 seconds.

• Level 2: Last 11 seconds.

• Level 3: Last 14 seconds. 

3) On Heat = 50 Energy

Cato concentrates all its energy into a big explosive outburst. All melee damage is increased but also damage recieved. Does 50% more damage if used with Cato Claws.

Mod Levels:

• Base level: 10% extra melee damage. 5% Damage Taken.

• Level 1: 20% extra melee damage. 15% Damage Taken.

• Level 2: 30% extra melee damage. 25% Damage Taken.

• Level 3: 40% extra melee damage. 35% Damage Taken.

4) Cat Nap = 100 Energy.

Cato yawns and makes all nearby enemies fall asleep. Enemies wake up if damaged or over a period of time.

Mod Levels:

• Base level: 5 enemies fall asleep for 10 seconds.

• Level 1: 6 enemies fall asleep for 20 seconds.

• Level 2: 7 enemies fall asleep for 30 seconds.

• Level 3: 8 enemies fall asleep for 40 seconds.

Equipment:

• Cato Claws:

Cato Claws are Cato's weapon of choice and helps Cato achieves maximum melee damage potential.

• Scent Dart Shooter:

Use your scent loaded dart to paint a target which increases the target damage received by 15% for 10 seconds. Not usable on bosses of double Warframe level or other Tenno.

• Cato Hook:

Use your specially designed Cato Hook to stun and bring up to 3 enemies to closer melee range. Works perfectly with the Cato Claws.

Helmets:

• Blue Ribbon:

Cato speed increases by +0.5 but Energy capacity and Shield capacity is reduced by 20.

• Red Ribbon:

(Coming soon).

• Pet Mouse:

(Coming soon).

Base Statistics:

• Health = 80 (250 at 30)

• Power = 125 (190 at 30)

• Armour = 25

• Shield Capacity = 110 (450 at 30)

• Shield Recharge = 30

• Sprint Speed = 0.5

My previous Warframe idea for Lotus can be seen here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/27499-dear-tenno-lotus-prototype-warframe/.

Let me know what you think with constructive comments. I am a pretty good artist but not with a mouse.

I will likely make some changes in the future.

Low health, low shields, and Rhino-grade speed. It's all kinds of messed up.

Low health, low shields, and Rhino-grade speed. It's all kinds of messed up.

Thats like most warframes at the start. You need to level them up and the optional helmet makes it run quite fast. One last thing its a concept and not final.