Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secura Dera: The Revengeance

MechaTails

Well personally I would like a Sechura Lanka (not really, I'd much rather see the one I've already sunk 5 forma into returned to her Damage 1.0 throne)... I mean,

SNIPER BUFFS WHEN?

xTudgKB.png

I actually went on a binge of formaing my Dera up to like 4*? I think? Before the start of my most recent hiatus.

Regardless, I was having fun going stealth with a maxed hush mod and Eagle Eye.

Personally I don't find anything wrong with the projectile speed, but then, I'm weird and hit osprey at 100m+ with the Lanka. So that part really doesn't count. Dropping the impact is cool with me, MagnaTox laughs at corpus hard enough without having any assistance. And actually kinda agreed, if the speed and damage were up, a fire rate nerf might be good so Shred doesn't make it as..... spammy.

Just wanted to note one thing, your OP says slashing ignores armor, might wanna fix that. I think you meant the slash proc.

•Slash can stay, it doesn't interfere with precise shots. Slash damage also ignores armor rating, fitting the armor-hating theme of the weapon.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

• 2 weeks later...

I would lurrrve this. The Dera was my first clan-tech weapon and I used it religiously for a long time. I always have a soft spot for it.

Good, thoughtful suggestions for the Secura version, OP.

I can definitely get behind this.  I have a 5 or 6 formaed and potatoed dera that I like to occasionally pull out on lower level missions.  I wouldn't mind sacrificing a little bit of the Dera's current fire rate for more damage in a Secura version.  Given the Dera's reload animation, it, of all the energy weapons seems to be first in line for the bottomless mag/heat based ammo treatment should it ever happen.  I really think that giving a few of the energy weapons a heat based system would be awesome.

Today I gazed wistfully at [DE]Drew as I followed him on my nightly stalk walk. He left his office, mounted his Moa and trotted straight to the cafeteria. After 3 bites of Red Skate Stew, I followed him as he charged to the bathroom, then wobbled back to the cafeteria, then bounded back to the bathroom. Maybe this is some new kind of exercise regimen? Maybe he's getting pumped for when he finally sends the Secura Dera into production! Of course!

I continue to watch from beneath this pile of jagged scrap metal, cleverly disguised as an abstract sculpture, ensuring no one will ever glance this way. I watch and I wait...

Edited by DarkTails

Rummaging through [DE]Drew's home refuse container while he's at a meeting is dirty work, but sometimes produces treats. Salvageable neural sensors, ketches of bikini girls wearing Corpus helmets, only half-eaten candy bars, yum! Still no sign of Secura Dera though...

• 4 weeks later...

Welp, at the current Event rate we won't be getting Dera Vandal for a few months. We sure won't be getting a Secura Dera version anytime soon after that.

I do believe it's time to throw myself off this conveniently placed bridge. Goodbye cruel cruel world

plop

Welp, at the current Event rate we won't be getting Dera Vandal for a few months. We sure won't be getting a Secura Dera version anytime soon after that.

I do believe it's time to throw myself off this conveniently placed bridge. Goodbye cruel cruel world

plop

Before you go killin' yourself, at least unlike the Gravidus Dilemma where if/when the Detron and Prova Vandal would return was left pretty ambiguous for quite a while, at least now we pretty much know for certain that the Dera Vandal will be available again.

Eventually :(

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

All of my yes.

I ever like the Dera but after Damage 2.0 I wasn't able anymore to use it at high levels because it can't even put down a Lv30 Heavy Unit on a decent time(and please don't tell me about heavy caliber, which makes it from an high precision rifle to a stormtrooper one). This weapon is screaming for love and is screaming for love RIGHT NOW, so please DE DO SOMETHING for these abandoned weapons which are still being loved by players that are looking for their playstyle on the game instead of straight going for the classic RhinoBoltor Meta.