Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blink Strike A Tenno Rapier Concept By Lightdragon64 Update! New 3D Model Added!

lightdragon64

I don't really see a rapier having a place in the game, but Lotus symbol hand guard is a pretty cool idea.

stage magician,squid,giant parrot that went through a washing machine,cowboy-esque gunslinger

and soon a warframe that belches rainbows

how does a rapeir not go with this game again

I don't really see a rapier having a place in the game, but Lotus symbol hand guard is a pretty cool idea.

True, the rapier wont be able to slice and dice at all. The lotus symbol hand guard could be incorporated into a weapon skin

True, the rapier wont be able to slice and dice at all. The lotus symbol hand guard could be incorporated into a weapon skin

yeah,but a rapier can do two things very well,stab,and impale

also,a rapier could do puncture damage,and there isnt any halfway decent weapon that isnt fang prime that does puncture damage in melee

Edited by GunDownGrace

Just to clarify everyone.

A rapier is not a slashing and cutting weapon.

a rapier would suit warframe really well because

-it would be a fast paced speed weapon

-it would deal mainly puncture damage (there isin't any weapons that do good puncture damage IMO)

-being built around speed would enable players to put in multpile hits faster than any other weapon

-instead of deailing massive damage this weapon would have a high crit damage (lower damage than usual but still very high crit damage ratio)

-and overall warframe needs a thrusting weapon

stage magician,squid,giant parrot that went through a washing machine,cowboy-esque gunslinger

and soon a warframe that belches rainbows

how does a rapeir not go with this game again

It's not the aesthetic.

The thing is rapiers (and spears, by the way) are exclusively single-target.

"Single-target" is among the worst qualities a melee weapon can have, unless it also stunlocks or is really freakin powerful, like off-the-charts deadlier-than-a-nuke.

The idea is neat, but the execution needs to be damn stellar.

It's not the aesthetic.

"Single-target" is among the worst qualities a melee weapon can have, unless it also stunlocks or is really freakin powerful, like off-the-charts deadlier-than-a-nuke.

spear single target?ineffective that way?

there are some very nice scenes in "the 300" which illustrate why a thrusting weapon in general is not limited like you think

Edited by GunDownGrace

... has nobody thought of Iron Phoenix?

The basic combo has two slashes and a thrust. With another combo or two (which it's due for), it would be perfect for a rapier.

the only issue with iron phoenix is that it has slashing animations, which would be fine for a normal sword, but trying to slash with a rapier (which it is not built for) would most likely result in it breaking (depending on what gets hit).

not a bad idea really but i feel a rapier in warframe would deserve it's own move set, much like the gun blade, glaive, ect.

spear single target?ineffective that way?

im going to be honest,you are wrong

there are some very nice scenes in "the 300" which illustrate why a thrusting weapon in general is not limited like you think

Sure.

How many times you would be faced with enemies standing in a line next to each other and right in front of you rather than surrounding you is also something you should consider.

It's not the aesthetic.

in terms of a rapier it would only focus on one target yes...

however, the way i would design this rapier (in game) would be for it to have very quick attacks e.g. can hit a single target multiple times in a second or two, and also i'd imagine that because of being stabbed stunlock (for A.I. controlled enemies) would be a thing...

also damage should not be the thing to worry about on a rapier, what my model focuses on is mainly crit chance and crit damage. so you could finish off a single target very quickly and move on to the next in a very short amount of time.

the reason why i built my design around crit damage is because with a thrusting sword (in the right hands) the user can hit targets weakpoints (e.g. the heart, weakness in the armor, ect.) much easier making for a good reason why a weapons such as this should have high crit chance and damage...

i just hope this clarifies.

in terms of a rapier it would only focus on one target yes...

however, the way i would design this rapier (in game) would be for it to have very quick attacks e.g. can hit a single target multiple times in a second or two, and also i'd imagine that because of being stabbed stunlock (for A.I. controlled enemies) would be a thing...

also damage should not be the thing to worry about on a rapier, what my model focuses on is mainly crit chance and crit damage. so you could finish off a single target very quickly and move on to the next in a very short amount of time.

the reason why i built my design around crit damage is because with a thrusting sword (in the right hands) the user can hit targets weakpoints (e.g. the heart, weakness in the armor, ect.) much easier making for a good reason why a weapons such as this should have high crit chance and damage...

i just hope this clarifies.

That's what I thought, yeah.

I was just clarifying why it might not work.

the only issue with iron phoenix is that it has slashing animations, which would be fine for a normal sword, but trying to slash with a rapier (which it is not built for) would most likely result in it breaking (depending on what gets hit).

... and you think fighting with a rapier is all thrusting?

The difference between a rapier and a fencing foil or epee is that it has an edge as well as a point, providing slashing capabilities.

I think I'd draw more disappointment from the fact that Iron Phoenix' combos are, for the most part, two-handed. 

Question- by the stats you gave are you going for a fast attack speed and crit style of melee weapon? as the dmg IMO is potentially throwing the weapon away from end tier(may be wrong would have to do a lot of checking but with stuff like the dakra prime and dragon nikana how would the weapon play out as it fits similar area's in terms of being a very icon weapon)

Id personally love to see a rapier or fencer like blade in warframe because its an excellent change from the traditional smash em down or rip em open style weapons and adds a form of elegance and finesse to a frame.

I personally see rapiers fitting in just as well as any other weapon in warframe because quite frankly to those who are we're  "ninja's" and that only. Then why are we running around with pirate like machetes giant hammers and some obnoxious weapons I.E. infested whips...hell even having a nikana which is modeled after katana's is abit of a ninja breaker as thats a samurai class feudal sword and traditionally ninja's are depicted with ninjato's (see where the name is from?) which are shorter easily concealed and easier to forge as ninja's were commonly born from civilians and peasant slaves.

Now aesthetic wise it can go either energy style and be some sort of cyber rapier or it can be traditional tenno lab style like the venka, etc...so overall I think its an awesome idea for a weapon. 

Really liked how your stance combos are named after typical fencer styles but I think the combos themself need tweaking - maybe a combo that incorporates the block to appeal to the common audience that enjoy having a simpler combo alongside all the pauses and backwards, that in fairness arent hard to do but require you to put a bit of thought into :p. Overall I salute you for and I really would love a rapier weapon

loved your idea so much i made it my first post :P

Edited by kaioni

... and you think fighting with a rapier is all thrusting?

The difference between a rapier and a fencing foil or epee is that it has an edge as well as a point, providing slashing capabilities.

I think I'd draw more disappointment from the fact that Iron Phoenix' combos are, for the most part, two-handed. 

Agree'd a rapier is used for more than just thrusting as the blades edge is sharp and is used to wear down the opponent and make opennings to pierce through. Example being to cut someone and then thurst into the wound as a rapier. The IF combos are very heavy far from a traditional fencer and rapier style of use.