Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blink Strike A Tenno Rapier Concept By Lightdragon64 Update! New 3D Model Added!

lightdragon64

So i know alot if people (including myself) would love to see a rapier be put into warframe.

so i decided to come up with a design for a rapier that i thought would match both the style, and lore of warframe in a way.

what a rapier is, is a sword that is used for primarily thrusting, and stabbing. so i figured that in game a rapier could do mostly puncture damage.

with my design i wanted a more warframe styled sword, and i know that a rapier usually comes with a hand basket (wired part that protects your hand) and i thought why make any boring old hand basket when i could make one that matches warframe almost perfectly! and thus the hand basket shares the same looks as the lotus symbol.

Stats

Physical damage: 55.0

Crit chance: 25%

Crit multiplier: 3.0

Attack rate: 1.5

Status chance: 20.0

Move Set

I don't have any pictures for this (sorry) *may add some in the future however

Broken Time (stance name)

Deception

E E E

player will engage in a quick 3 strikes on a single target

Feint

E E Pause E E E E

Player will strike twice, parry an attacker (which will cause them to stun) then stab enemy rapidly

En Garde

E E E (Back) E E E E

Player will strike 3 times (such as in deception) then jump backwards and lunge fowards and stab target repeadly

Foward Lunge

Slide + E

Player will instead of doing usual spin slide attack will actually jump off their feet and stab their target (kinda like an arrow being shot from a bow the player will attempt to spring foward in a straight line and impale the enemy)

Shish Kabob

In Air + E

(pretty much just like a normal air slam, just that the player will point the rapier directly downwards and stab an enemy... hence the name)

Swift mercy

Wallrun + E

(while wall running the player will spring off and impale any target in front of them)

Precise motion

aiming at downed enemy + E

simple stab on a downed enemy that has a very high chance of doing a critical

if a target is put into a counterable state (such as valkyr's paralysis) the player will impale the target lift them in the air and drop them.

Here is some digital art that i created in order to bring my sword concept to life.

As you can see the hand basket is styled in  order to look like the lotus symbol. any parts that appear to be floating are actually being magnatised in mid air so as to keep the asthetic.

Re-texturedTennorapier_zps032a4350.png

things that i still want to do with this concept

-create a side view

-create a view that looks down the sword blade.

-create a 3D model.

unfortunately why i havent put these in the concept just yet is mainly due to my limited skill with artwork and such.

i also find 3D modeling to be a very big pain in the neck.

(if anybody would want to make a 3D model for this sword (hand basket and all) and i decide it's good enough i'll add it to the orignal post here and give you full credit for the 3D model)

Older concepts

This concept is my first accurate concept of the rapier design, but lacks texturing and such.

TennoRapier20_zps3fecaac9.png

My first ever concept of the rapier, (very much lacking on detail and texture)

(also does not seem like a rapier so much as a normal broadsword.)

WarframeRapier_zps911f77b3.png

EDIT:

-changed the crit chance to 25% (considering with a thrusting weapon you can land a more percice hit)

-changed crit multiplier to 3.0

Gotta be honest here.   The damage, combined with the huge attack speed and crit multiplier, makes for an unlikely addition to warframe.  If you truly want to see this in, and I would love to have a rapier, i'd nerf some stat.  Maybe the damage and / or status, and knock the crit mult down to 2.5.

Edited by Dogefighter

Perhaps moving some of the weapons method of damage into its stance? Similar to how Crimson dervish makes the dakra prime hit harder than the dragon nikana despite inferior base dmg. Perhaps this weapons combos have effective multi hits(kinda like a split chamber mod) or some sort of way to make it viable but without being just a general stat @#&*( type weapon. Also I had an idea for a combo idk if you'd like but it's a very common rapier type of move. Flourish - E HOLD E E E E E* basically you slash your enemy then hold to take poise and begin a barrage of rapid thrusts at your opponent so it's kind of designed more for the rapid assault as oppose to huge dmg. Constant thrusts and being able to move during use similar to the nikana would allow vetsatility and moderate crowd clear with the weapon :) just a thought here's an example to help explain :)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-o8S9XWJVDFA/UG_xtlUa5SI/AAAAAAAAghc/x-XCsdxGd5Q/s1600/Sword+Art+Online+-+10.mkv_snapshot_16.12_%5B2012.10.05_22.07.06%5D.jpg

Gotta be honest here.   The damage, combined with the huge attack speed and crit multiplier, makes for an unlikely addition to warframe.  If you truly want to see this in, and I would love to have a rapier, i'd nerf some stat.  Maybe the damage and / or status, and knock the crit mult down to 2.5.

Done! (see OP for changes)

Could you have the guard over the hand a little more?

As for multi hit. We haven't had stabbing weapon, so how about multi hit in a line, like puncture through to another target. Not how useful it would be.

Rapiers would need to be a whole weapon set with their own animations and stances

... and you think fighting with a rapier is all thrusting?

The difference between a rapier and a fencing foil or epee is that it has an edge as well as a point, providing slashing capabilities.

I think I'd draw more disappointment from the fact that Iron Phoenix' combos are, for the most part, two-handed. 

i understand that a rapier can be used to do (some) slashing... but being a thrusting weapon iron phoenix would not work for such a creature.

iron phoenix uses mostly slashing movements with one stab in total... a rapier in warframe would need to have it's own move set and style in game, but all in all i see where you are coming from.

i do have an idea with a move set that could go with this weapon (see OP for details, click the spoiler under the one that says "move set")

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...