Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Synoid Gammacor Too Op?

prodavit

I give up. It's the disheartening realization that I find that people have problems even remotely calculating DPS due to: enemy, inconsistent damage, crit, procs (with such things as Corrosive, Magnetic), and min/max damage (which will be disagreed upon by the idea of burst damaging, although Xarugas came really close to the high fire rate theoretical max). These things make DPS calculations... unsound (which I have a hard time drilling into people's heads). So, take what you will from it.

Although, personally (now that I think about it), older weapons should be looked at instead of these newer ones.

Problems? You're the one who keeps insisting that base damage means everything and fire rate is negligible. Base damage is the main factor that determines how much max damage a weapon can dish out per shot, while fire rate is what determines how fast said damage can actually be delivered. Do you really think a complete dps calculation that includes even enemy stats will matter at all considering, once again, the Damage to RoF ratio of your proposed synoi already fails compared to the original gammacor? Seriously if you'd just stop and think about this mechanic at all, you should be able to figure this out yourself. (or maybe not, coz you seem to have no idea how dps works to begin with)

If you build both weapons with the same mod setup, as is necessary to have a baseline for comparing 2 similar weapons, then the only difference would come from the base stats since mods simply build upon these stats, not add random numbers to it. This is the same with all the other negligible factors you keep trying to put on the table hoping that one of them will actually break my calculations:

Enemy defenses - exactly the same application here as mods. If you fire both weapons at the same enemy type then you'll get the same damage reduction from their armor. This means that your synoid still loses to the regular one due to worse base stats.

Crit damage - Tsukinoki already did the numbers for this, and it's the reason why i mentioned not to even bother including crit at all. The gammacors aren't even crit-oriented weapons. Would you really bother wasting a damage slot on Pistol Gambit for a weapon with a puny 10% crit chance? Somehow your jab about knowing how to build a weapon towards its strengths is starting to fail too.

Status chance - this is literally the only saving grace of your flawed argument, since the difference in status chance is quite big. Although Magnetic proc is negligible in the void unless you like to ignore drones, Corrosive is the sole deal-breaker in this case due to its direct reduction to enemy armor. Considering the fact that the overall dps difference between the gammacor and a 110 dmg synoid is not that large to begin with (only 30 base dps difference) then obviously the one with the significantly larger status chance will win.

Though since you have the knack for adding even more factors to simple math calculations, how about i add some in-game factors instead? In a high-end void run you'll have people bringing pure Viral weapons for use with x4 CP. Since Viral status is the same regardless of base damage, we once again fall back to overall raw dps to see which weapon can kill faster. (and we know how that one goes already in this case)

With these numbers i'll let everyone else decide why your 110 damage synoid is technically worse than the regular one, even though it's quite glaringly obvious for anyone who knows how damage works.

Come on guys, the thing is OP. We know, DE knows, those who defend it know. It's only really OP because of the insanity of pistol mods (why is it that pistols have 2 multishot mods, one of which gives MORE than the rifles? And why is Hornet Strike better than Serration?) The mod system needs to change completely for this issue to be resolved. How about we wait for U16 and see what happens?

No.

It has limited range.

I love it.

25 meters dude... The game hardly promotes anything more than that besides Corpus tilesets.

You do know that Nekros is more than just Desecrate, right?

And I see you're aware of the fact that braindead'ism is a thing that is glorified, which was the exact point I was making. So we agree on that. Don't see how it's stupid to point that out with exaggeration.

Then your last two sentences contradict each other. You assume, yet have no foundation (exactly your point of criticism). Kind of weird, isn't it? Maybe even worthy of being called (and I quote) "stupid"?

To quote someone I'm sure you find credible:

"Nice try I guess".

Oh please, Nekros really only does bring out the rest of the kit if he's bored, unlike a Loki whereas his entire kit is actually quite useful.

Make its damage 1 DPS, and all the whiners and the sgammacor griefer squad should be banned! FIXED!

I personally believe that the sgmamacor needs a buff. Its magnetic damage and the weapon feels bad. I want it to deal Corrosive or Radiation damage, with innate slash.

All enemies who get touched by the beam or want it to get nerfed, get slashed in half.

And DO make it impossible to trade. That way, the nerf squad will be pacified forever.

Edited by HandsomeSorcerer

well with the ever raising scalling enemies. Weapon like the synoid gammacor is a must have if you plan to stay effective for a longer time in mission like survival and defence. So should it be nerf the answer is no, why, well the enemies continue to raise amor, health with the time.

The day that there will be a cap on amor, health then yes a nerf will be welcome, but for now its fine.

This +1

the thing is that this weapon is so op that it's even better than the boltor prime. and does not need half the skill. just hold fire and spam the beam.

First rule of WarFrame: don't use the term "OP" for anything you find worth thinking about! Everything that was nerfed in the past was made completely ridiculous and useless!

Second: in case you have not noticed, this is a co-op game, so who cares if some item is more powerful than the other?

• 2 weeks later...