Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A *very* Serious Bug With Mesa's Peacemaker.

Paul_Pianoff

Greetings everyone!

Mesa is one of my favourite Warframes. I play with her almost as much as with my Loki Prime these days, blasting everything in the face from a mile away is incredibly fun. However, there is a very serious problems that affects people with older gaming rigs like me:

Peacemaker's fire rate is tied to your FPS.

Basically, at rare times that I get a stable 30 FPS, Peacemaker's fire rate is blazingly fast, and I can certainly tell it. But since that situation is exotic with my specs, my game is usually running at around 20 FPS. And here the problem reveals itself: the fire rate reduction is very severe. I tried counting how many shots Mesa fires per second at full spool-up, and here is a rough comparison:

@30 FPS - ~8 shots per second.

@20 FPS - ~4 shots per second.

As you can see, that's a ~50% reduction in fire rate and therefore DPS.

Please fix this bug! It makes a big negative impact on my enjoyment of playing Mesa!

While you are only see her shoot 4, it doesn't necessarily mean that she isn't firing more.

And having your game run at 20FPS I would be worrying about a few more things than Mesa... seems awfully slow, especially for a game like Warframe.

While you are only see her shoot 4, it doesn't necessarily mean that she isn't firing more.

And having your game run at 20FPS I would be worrying about a few more things than Mesa... seems awfully slow, especially for a game like Warframe.

You have to trust me on this one. I'm seeing a huge difference in damage dealt when my FPS is higher than usual.

As for me having such low FPS, I'm fine with it. It's still pretty smooth and doesn't affect my performance much, and I'm not part of the FPS race that's so popular nowadays. Nevertheless, this is still a bug and it needs to be fixed, there isn't an excuse not to.

Edited by PhantomRUS9

If the ability were tied to FPS, wouldn't someone with 60FPS do 16 shots, and 120FPS do 32 shots?

20FPS has quite a long frame-time (time taken to draw a frame). Almost double the frame-time of 30FPS...

I dunno, you  may need a bit more testing ;)

Edited by MillbrookWest

If the ability were tied to FPS, wouldn't someone with 60FPS do 16 shots, and 120FPS do 32 shots?

20FPS has quite a long frame-time (time taken to draw a frame). Almost double the frame-time of 30FPS...

A lower framerate would simply hinder the max fire rate (remember how bad burst rifles used to be?), higher framerates make the max fire rate achievable. Not even space ninja guns are magic.

Edited by Ailith

A lower framerate would simply hinder the max fire rate (remember how bad burst rifles used to be?), higher framerates make the max fire rate achievable. Not even space ninja guns are magic.

This Tenno has expressed what I tried to say better than I did. The fire rate seems to increase with FPS until a certain point (30 as far as I can tell).

Edited by PhantomRUS9

Refer to my post above.

Been running with Mesa alot lately, and probably at even lower fps than yours (2009 laptop). When fps drops everything takes à turn for the worse. Peacemaker seems to not only shoot slower but possibly "find targets" slower - find things to shoot when new enemies comes into range.

Been running with Mesa alot lately, and probably at even lower fps than yours (2009 laptop). When fps drops everything takes à turn for the worse. Peacemaker seems to not only shoot slower but possibly "find targets" slower - find things to shoot when new enemies comes into range.

Exactly - I've been experiencing this as well. Sometimes when I hold LMB Mesa won't shoot even when there's a dozen enemies in your LoS.

• 3 weeks later...