Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Tenno Latcher Generator

DSMK2

Description:

The Latcher Generator is a reverse engineered piece of equipment originally salvaged from fallen Grineer Seekers. It utilizes nano-machines to create latchers for use from various materials, charging the device creates the dreaded nervos.

This device will take the melee slot; unlike melee weapons, it requires 'ammo' to use. It uses ammo drops throughout the mission that don't apply to your primary or secondary weapon. Its capacity is shown by a glowing bar on the back of the device that shrinks and expands based on remaining material.

Latchers or nervos deployed will roll forwards, away from its owner, before targeting the nearest enemy. When the device is used while the reticule is over a target, the deployed latcher will home on that target. Do note that deployed latchers and nervos are affected by friendly fire.

The device will still take melee mods; enabling faster deployment of latchers (fury) and extra explosive damage (pressure point).

Type: Melee Slot Weapon

Regular Attack: Deploy explosive latcher

Charged Attack: Deploy nervos

Jump Attack: None, weak ground slam.

Slide Attack: Tag single target on contact with an explosive latcher

8cYT9DJ.png?1

Forgive my art skills!

---

Had this idea stuck in my head, so I decided to draw a crude version of what I thought about: Playable Grineer Latchers; it'll also explain where the Grineer Seekers get their latchers from. I can imagine a Tenno playing support by rapidly dropping latchers into the room, wearing down targets from a safe distance, to even stunning bosses with the nervos.

Explosives are fun :P

Thoughts?

I knew artists used 3 shades of a color to make depth!

Also, the devs have said stuff about putting grenade mechanics as a warframe power, but as a weapon slot I've never yet seen. Hope they look into this idea.

I've been thinking of like an energy mine as a melee weapon.  Imagine something like a single gauntlet that generates explosive force.  Like the regular melee attack would be super slow and drop a glowing blob on the ground or anything in very close melee range like mine ospreys do.  This would be a small mine like they drop.  Charge attacks would cause a discharge or force for low damage and high stun in a wide cone.