Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Mutalist Infested Being In The Derelict Is Very Bad

DrBorris

Uhh, why did we let Alad get to the Derelicts?

This is bad, very very bad. Alad has his Mutalist infested inside old Orokin vessels. Prior to Alad, all that the Infested could do in the Derelict was break stuff. Now, these new Mutalist infested can begin to infest the actual Orokin vessels. Just imagine the consequences. From all sources we have seen, the Orkoin were quite powerful, they were even capable of understanding the Tenno and producing Warframes. Now this power is in the hands of the Infested. You know how Alad has figured out how to control a Warframe through the Infested? Yeah, now he can use the Orokin tech to create a Warframe army (a Prime army at that) and fill the suits with his infested thingies.

So… now the Mutalist infested are in the Derelict, to all we know there are already Orkoin vessels that have been taken over by infested. And what of this Neural Sentry? I feel like a super complex Orkoin AI being corrupted by the infestation is a very bad thing. Before the Infested were only able to destroy the Neural Sentry in the Orokin ships, but now the Infested have control of the Neural Sentry, and thus the corrupted on that vessel.

Also, the Infested are a hive mind right? Imagine the intelligence they are able to gain as a whole with these new super computers on their side. Who knows, maybe this will allow for even more coordination of the infested. Maybe they will gain enough intelligence as a whole to use more effective ranged weaponry. What if these actual Okokin ships come into the Origin System and start to wreak havoc on the Grineer and Corpus? I am pretty sure a fleet Orkoin ships could easily mutilate a Fomorian fleet, then destroy the Corpus, blow the rest of the Tenno relays, and then use the Orokin tech to find our Dojos and Lisets and destroy the homes of the Tenno.

What is the point of this? DE needs to get the Mutalist out of the Derelict and give us an opportunity, through an event, to defend the Derelict from Alad V’s Mutalist infested.

This is not with the intention to make the Derelict easy mode again, the Juggernaut is coming and that is just a normal infested, thus would still leave a ranged (and very powerful) infested in the Derelict. In general, the Infested should be divided into two sub factions. The “Ancient” Infested that were released back into the Origin System in “Once Awake” and have lived in the Derelict for thousands of years. Then there are the “Mutalist” Infested faction that consist of the basic “Ancient” Infested in addition to the current Mutalist enemies. Maybe the Juggernaut should be a “Ancient” infested only thing, just to keep the “Mutalist” from being superior in every way.

Okay… that is off my chest, carry on. 

It might be too late. We know that in U16, something is happening that seriously alters the Void, possibly even destroying it. Mutalist infested wreaking havoc (intentionally or not) by infesting the Derelicts might be why, or part of why.

At tenno live people didn't seem too happy when DE mentioned removing the void. Everyone around me was just in dead silence

no point in two factions,

and ill be clear why

you make an argument for alad actually have any power at all here,

spoilers

he doesn't

alad is slave to the infested hive mind,

he serves them even if he doesn't realize it.

they used him

as they use all lifeforms

the infested are dangerous because they simply kill or convert

that's all they do.

alad tried to use them, got in to deep, now they used him, they give him some freedom so he can use his science to make the ifnested more powerful but notice how that suits them and not him.

so thats why we dont need two factions, plus all the infested missions need the new infested,

without its just to damn easy to murder them,

and frankly the infested have always seemed like the bigger threat, both in the way they exist and lore wise.

that of course being behind the sentients.

also they said VOID

towers are void

derelict if you note are not the void part of the map.

its possible its just towers going away but possible its all void.

in which case,

combine that with hey all this void stuff is gonna come F*** up the system

infested will grow stronger,

sentients come back

notice how its the old war all over again

once the sentient are here,

for the first time since the old war

we have the 3 original factions

infested, tenno, sentient

plus we have corpus and grineer.

sounds like 5 way war to me.

Edited by SlenderSamaSenpai

At tenno live people didn't seem too happy when DE mentioned removing the void. Everyone around me was just in dead silence

I'm excited for it. From what they said, it's not going away completely, it's just not going to be a standalone game mode anymore.

Edited by motorfirebox

no point in two factions,

and ill be clear why

you make an argument for alad actually have any power at all here,

spoilers

he doesn't

alad is slave to the infested hive mind,

he serves them even if he doesn't realize it.

they used him

as they use all lifeforms

the infested are dangerous because they simply kill or convert

that's all they do.

alad tried to use them, got in to deep, now they used him, they give him some freedom so he can use his science to make the ifnested more powerful but notice how that suits them and not him.

so thats why we dont need two factions, plus all the infested missions need the new infested,

without its just to damn easy to murder them,

and frankly the infested have always seemed like the bigger threat, both in the way they exist and lore wise.

that of course being behind the sentients.

Yes, I completly agree that Alad was a slave to the Infested. I was using Alad in the OP as a representation of the Infested "intelligence". We do not know the inner workings of the Infested Hive mind, and Infested is the most apparent "leader" that we see, so I used him as encompassing term for the Infested Hive mind. You yourself stated that the Infested were "smart" enough to use Alad. Now, the Infested have been upgraded and been opened up to new stomping grounds (infesting non-organic stuff). So... that implies that the infested are capable of making a "plan". Thus, it would make sense that they are capable of using the Orokin stuff to their advantage. Either way, the Infested are capable of using the most powerful weapons in the Orogin system, Warframes. Alad "taught" the infested how to control Warframes and his Mutalist infested are able to take over the Orokin ships, the same Orokin that created Warframes. We saw in Eyes of Blight that the Warframe is not the end-all-be-all, you need "big" stuff too. The Infested now have that. J3 Golem is proof that the Infested can control a ship, now just apply that to the Orokin ships and we have a mighty large problem on our hands. The Infested can now use every factions weapons for themselves, and that is very very bad.