Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proto-Glaive Skin Usable On Halikar And The Kestrel. Intended?

weezedog

According to the wiki and reddit, the Proto-Glaive skin is usable on the Halikar and the Kestrel. i'm sure this was probably an unintended bug, but is it going to stay? Because if it is, I may actually buy the skin. But I don't want to buy the skin if it's going to be patched.

THEN THEY SHOULD FIX MANY OF THE SKINS NOT BEING USABLE ON PRIME VERSIONS. 

Is it really *that* difficult to comprehend the fact that Prime weapons use entirely different models, thus making any and all skins released for their contemporary counterparts broken?

@trayboonmarchimp
Its not broken and doesn't need fixing.

The reason you cant use say the Forest-Camo Scindo skin on the Scindo prime is that they have different models and it just wouldn't look right.
The reason that the proto-glaive skin works on all of the weapons is that it completely replaces the model.
Its not just a skin, its a different model.

So there is nothing that needs to be fixed.
People just need to learn that the scindo skins can't work on scindo prime due to them having different models.

The reason you cant use say the Forest-Camo Scindo skin on the Scindo prime is that they have different models and it just wouldn't look right.

What about the Manticore and Dagger Axe skin tho? It's a different model, isn't it?

Edited by YOUR_MOTHER_HAVE_BANDAIDS

@YOUR_MOTHER_HAVE_BANDAIDS
Those are the two cases where I can see making them equip-able on the prime version because they are different models.

I always forget about those ones but I don't see why it can't (or shouldn't) work just like the proto glaive skin.  So I would be for having those work on the prime versions.

@YOUR_MOTHER_HAVE_BANDAIDS

Those are the two cases where I can see making them equip-able on the prime version because they are different models.

I always forget about those ones but I don't see why it can't (or shouldn't) work just like the proto glaive skin.  So I would be for having those work on the prime versions.

Well it originally did work on it, but was "fixed" in a later update.

@trayboonmarchimp

Its not broken and doesn't need fixing.

The reason that the proto-glaive skin works on all of the weapons is that it completely replaces the model.

Its not just a skin, its a different model.

So there is nothing that needs to be fixed.

People just need to learn that the scindo skins can't work on scindo prime due to them having different models.

This. What is so hard about this that people don't seem to understand or figure out themselves?

It's also why we have the candy scythe working on different models, because it replaces them, rather than just adding a layer of different color patterns over an existent model.

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

Is it really *that* difficult to comprehend the fact that Prime weapons use entirely different models, thus making any and all skins released for their contemporary counterparts broken?

Do you really think the devs made a whole new second version of the Proto Glaive that can wrap around the Glaive Prime model or something?

It's a model swap. If we can use a model-swap for the Glaive Prime, then it would be cool to be able to use model-swaps for other Primes as well. It's just unfortunate that the devs don't seem to want this for whatever reason, as indicated by their disabling of the Brokk/Manticore/Dagger Axe skins for the Scindo Prime.

you mean like how the kestrel has a completely different model than the glaive? irrelevant. 

+1 "make skins usable on Primes". Especially because of the Manticore and Dagger Axe. Different models are no excuse, as you can see in the topic's title... I mean, we're talking about a boomerang and a jet mallet going disk.

People mistaking my comment.

I didn't say it was broken persay. 

I was saying that they should allow skins on primes.

I get tired of walking around with gold items. 

technically you can change the gold color on some prime stuff currently and eventually all of it. 

which actually sucks, because you no longer can randomize your color schemes but keep the gold color at the same time :/

technically you can change the gold color on some prime stuff currently and eventually all of it. 

which actually sucks, because you no longer can randomize your color schemes but keep the gold color at the same time :/

Unless you bought a pallete that has a gold-like color. I think Classic Saturated has a nice one.