Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player Does Not Interact (Wallrun) Properly With Dojo Decorations (With Video)

Coatduck

I decided to mess around in my dojo making a parkour room for my clannies that had a little more wall-running than the default one. I'm not a fan of how the default parkour room works, as most of it is just "Will RNG bless me with the fling from this jump, or will I have to start all over?" and the same goes for the random pillars.

When I got part way through I decided to rush some pieces to check how wall running works, I found that it didn't. When you start to wallrun, you will grab the wall, however you can't even take a step before it flings you at anywhere from a gentle dwarf toss to "I'M GIVIN 'ER ALL SHE'S GOT CAPTAIN!" Warp Factor 8.4

This doesn't seem to apply to normal walls in the dojo, it's only placables. Upon further inspection you can actually kind of half-assedly fling yourself off of decorations that are uncompleted or haven't had any resources put in, however you can still phase through them like it's no big deal.

I know it's hard to tell in the video what I'm trying to do, and it's therefor hard to see what the problem is, but every time I try to wall run on an object, I am holding the run like you do on any other surface, however on the decorations it simply does not work, you just get flung off.

Also I'm not sure if this belongs in "Art and Animation" but there wasn't a Dojo bugs, or a Movement bugs, or Player Interaction bugs, or really anything that fit the bill. Perhaps it should be moved. And perhaps we should have more categories for bugs.

Edited by Coatduck

• 2 weeks later...