Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Imperator: Too Pew Pew?

TheBrsrkr

The Imperator is the first Arch-Gun you get in Archwing mode. With it's massive clip of 250, it can lay down an impressive amount of fire for a whole 10 seconds, which is something to boast about. This, combined with a really fast reload (if you can call it that in Archwing) just makes the thing freakin awesome. Well, it would, that is, if Archwing was the place for it.

Archwing is not the most optimal place to have a HMG, even with something that contains that much pew pew. Enemies are both too small and too fast for the weapon, especially since you have to keep it on a target for quite a while (comparatively) due to it's low base damage. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of it as it is (2 forma and a potato can't deny) but it needs to be looked into .HMGs are supposed to provide covering fire for a team, but in Archwingm Recoil and spread are nonexistent (except in Dual Decurion, which is ridiculous) meaning that the same careful aim has to be taken with the Imperator as every other Archwing weapon, which is a disadvantage to it. It also has a very low crit and status chance, meaning no specialization whatsoever. It's main damage type being Impact doesn't help either. What emphasizes it's relative weakness is the pathetic paintball gun sound it makes while firing. Seriously.

Since it's not really a bad concept, more disproportionate, rebalanceing rather than buffing is needed. I porpose a damage increase of 1.7x, with the ammo reduced to 125 and fire rate reduced to 15 to compensate. The ammo recharge can remain the same, and those who love HMGs can still pew pew to their heart's content, though not as long as before. The Crit chance should also be increaded to 15%, and 20% for the Imperator Vandal. Imperator Vandal will also have 150 ammo and it's regular fire rate.

Edited by TheBrsrkr

Wait, you realize you're in empty space with enemies flying around and the Imperator is not that accurate anyways.

It's not accurate, sure, but it's still to accurate to lay down blanket fire on an area. That wouldn't work too well anyways.

The Imperator is the first Arch-Gun you get in Archwing mode. With it's massive clip of 250, it can lay down an impressive amount of fire for a whole 10 seconds, which is something to boast about. This, combined with a really fast reload (if you can call it that in Archwing) just makes the thing freakin awesome. Well, it would, that is, if Archwing was the place for it.

Archwing is not the most optimal place to have a HMG, even with something that contains that much pew pew. Enemies are both too small and too fast for the weapon, especially since you have to keep it on a target for quite a while (comparatively) due to it's low base damage. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of it as it is (2 forma and a potato can't deny) but it needs to be looked into .HMGs are supposed to provide covering fire for a team, but in Archwingm Recoil and spread are nonexistent (except in Dual Decurion, which is ridiculous) meaning that the same careful aim has to be taken with the Imperator as every other Archwing weapon, which is a disadvantage to it. It also has a very low crit and status chance, meaning no specialization whatsoever. It's main damage type being Impact doesn't help either. What emphasizes it's relative weakness is the pathetic paintball gun sound it makes while firing. Seriously.

Since it's not really a bad concept, more disproportionate, rebalanceing rather than buffing is needed. I porpose a damage increase of 1.7x, with the ammo reduced to 125 and fire rate reduced to 15 to compensate. The ammo recharge can remain the same, and those who love HMGs can still pew pew to their heart's content, though not as long as before. The Crit chance should also be increaded to 15%, and 20% for the Imperator Vandal. Imperator Vandal will also have 150 ammo and it's regular fire rate.

Its fine how it is, its balanced cause like you said, its space, and the projectiles have travel time.

Its fine how it is, its balanced cause like you said, its space, and the projectiles have travel time.

They don't have travel time actually, though it really looks that way. My point is, it's actually not balanced because its space, because of its low damage. It's designed as a spray n' pray weapon, but that doesn't work in Archwing at all.

Though, it could be debatable that we need MORE pew pew and not less, but how much more pew pew can you reasonably put on it?

Imperator (Vandal) work just fine in space. I'm not sure what your complaint is. It can't offer cover fire, what it can do though is take out heavy targets with status procs. EI: It shreds ogmas. Furthermore if you are playing an Itzal or have an Itzal on your team that uses Cosmic Crush, it pulls enemies really close together. If you spray into the mass of enemies you're going to gun them down nicely.

Currently I also feel Imperator is the only weapons that benefits from dual rounds because of its high rate of fire and large magazine. Maybe Dual Decurions can too but most other guns have no use for that mod.

Imperator (Vandal) work just fine in space. I'm not sure what your complaint is. It can't offer cover fire, what it can do though is take out heavy targets with status procs. Ie: It shreds ogmas. Furthermore if you are playing an Itzal or have an Itzal on your team that uses Cosmic Crush, it pulls enemies really close together. If you spray into the mass of enemies you're going to gun them down nicely.

Currently I also feel Imperator is the only weapons that benefits from dual rounds because of its high rate of fire and large magazine. Maybe Dual Decurions can too but most other guns have no use for that mod.

Yeah, some mods in Archwing seem to be balanced around the Imperator.

My 'complaint' is that the Imperator spends considerably more time firing on a single target than any other Arch gun, no matter the enemy. It fails where it should excel at, which is in large groups of enemies. Sure, you could use Itzal to pull all the enemies really close together, but since when does a gun need to rely on something else to be effective? Anyway, this isn't a buff or a nerf, since it ends up doing the same damage I'm the same manner (pew pew). It just makes it better against groups.

"Despite its shots being shown as slow and even having bullet drift, the Imperator is a hit-scan weapon, and will immediately hit the enemy within its reticule regardless of distance or the appearance of the bullets it fires"

What are you guys on about? I found out the hard way it was hitscan when I started, after trying to lead shots and finding out I did not need to.

EDIT: Or is that not whats being said?

Anyway, I have no problem keeping it on target because of recoil anyway, if that is what it's inplied by people.

Edited by DSpite