Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Feedback - Much Improved On 17.6.2! - Still Needs Tweaks On All Powers

BrazilianJoe

Soo we have this new kid on the block. THe fun, brawle, rock-frame. 

It is nice but it is definitely low in the scale of power. 

So here's my laundry list for his powers: 

#1) Landslide - Steel Charge should affect it. Scale off melee weapon mods as well.

OPTIONAL +1: Landslide does the highest damage type of the melee weapon equipped. 

Changed on 17.6.2, YES! But still needs MORE QoL:

Right now it has pinpoint accuracy. The enemy must be at the crosshairs to be targeted. IMO it should have a large cirrcle and target the closest enemy inside this circle. 

The multiplier fades too fast. Itneeds to last at least twice as long and scale with duration mods. 

#2) Tectonics - Make the wall immune to procs and crits. Give it armor scaling off the frame's armor at casting time. Perhaps a HP buff as well. Also trolling is already a problem, locking ppl on empty rooms & stuff. 

ANTI-TROLL TWEAK: 

Being melee'd by allies or the caster pushes the Bulwark around, so other frames can just move it out of the way. When a Bulwark is being moved this way it just passes through other bulwarks. Pushed Bulwark ping-pongs on walls. Should move slower than the boulder and not travel a huge distance.

Much improved YES!

But compare it to Volt's Shield and Frost's Globe, it's a tiny barrier. It has a little offensive power but it is still lacking. . But it is still lacking IMO. I would have it be magnetized while invulnerable, attracting bullets for a brief period. The amount of damage absorbed while invulnerable should contribute to its damage too, not just HP. 

#3) Petrify - Too little range, and on top of it the power gets less effective over distance. 

Still no change. Still takes forever to freeze enemies. still makes Atlas a sitting duck. 

It also has zilch effect on heavy units.

Compare to Frost's Ice Wave.

ICE WAVE:

Instant effect

Enchants ground over a period oftime affecting new enemies

Quick casting time.

#2 power.

PETRIFY:

Toggle effect

slow/freezes enemies slowly over time

range similar to Ice Wave - shorter but wider, 20m/45 vs 14/60 degrees.

greatly reduces mobility

#3 power.

PETRIFY IS WAY WORSE THAN ICE WAVE - EVEN IF IT WAS A #2 POWER. 

Petrify needs a buff. 

I) Longer Range

II) Faster stoning

III) Buff Atlas' armor while active - 2x affected by power strength. <-- MUCH NEEDED

IV) procs half duration on Atlas.

V) all powers should be castble without interrupting it. <-- MUCH NEEDED.

VI) should heal/buff Rumblers and Bulwarks.<-- Could be an augment

VII) Doesn't do jack S#&$ on heavies, must have some effect on them. <-- b!tch please

#4) Rumblers - seem to do too little for a ultimate. They need more powers and moves. 

Partially fixed YAY!

What's still amis is their combat prowes.

--

STRAIGHT BUFFS:

Make them immune to procs and crits and headshots. 

When entering a Nullifier Field, Explode instantly, not whimper away.

Remove duration requirement. It already needs 2 other stats to be effective. 

--

LOW-HANGING FRUITS: 

These moves/powers are already in-game, should not take too much effort to bring  them to the Rumblers.

GROUND SLAM:

Self-explanatory eh? Does a Blast damage ground slam knocking down enemies in an area. 

(TECTONICS) BOULDER DASH:

When the Rumblers need to close large distances, they create a Bulwark and immediately turn them into boulders, and run after them in the direction of a VIP enemy. The Rumbler should get a speed buff for a few seconds, as if 'running on the vacuum' of the rolling boulder. This is piggybacking on Tectonics'models and animations, but has a single move/strategy to not overburden the AI. 

RAGE QUIT: Rumblers should explode twice; once at 50% HP, when they would recompose their bodies afterwards; another at 0% HP like they do alreay, which is their definitive death. 

--

RUMBLER'S AWESOME SMOOTH MOVES: 

THE MOBILITY PROBLEM:

I) Stone Golems are Slow.

II) All AI gets stuck on nooks and crannies. 

THE MOBILITY SOLUTION:

MOLE RUN:

When enemies are a large distance away, AND|OR when the Rumbler understands it is in a 'move' action but still in the same place, he will do a Mole Run.

Rumbler 'melts' into the ground and travels below the surface (even on elevated catwalks because game) to close distance.

Stone protrusions will make theground uneven in the path to the mole exit, and enemiees caught in this path will stagger.

In the mole run exit point, the rumbler will do a Power Uppercut, causing a blast damage in the area, knocking enemies down in his vicinity.  

TL;DR: moves fast; gets unstuck; staggers enemies on path; blast damage+proc at destination.

--

EXTRA MILE POWERS: These  would require more work to bring to the game. 

PICK THE DAISIES:

When a large crowd (3+) is in front of him, Rumbler may choose to do a quick series of uppercuts, ragdolling enemies up in the air in quick succession. Think Jat Kittag. 

HULK SMASH:

Rumbler may pick one opponent by the leg and use it as a club, smashing it repeatedly on the ground all around him. 

Enemies around him may suffer impact damage and staggers. Enemy used as club will take many many impact hits. 

Edited by -TP-BrazilianJoe

I doubt much of that would be implemented, as it would require a lot of work. But I do believe he needs a buff really badly, I have yet to meet anyone that said he was a good frame, the best I ever hear and I myself can say is that he's "Fun but weak" his base stats are too low, making him far to squishy for a melee focused frame, and his damage is just... pitiful.

Give Atlas visible rock armor when using petrify with the added armor boost obviously.

This would give it reason for the slow moving and it would help keep him safe while casting and with the rolling could even be used to get out of a tight spot.

Secondly I wish petrify would be permanent, why the F would an enemy unstone?

That it defreezes from being covered in ice ok, but stone?

Make it so you have to cast it longer but that you can either slightly cover them in stone, reducing movement and accuracy, and that you can completely turn them to stone.

This could then be used as a tactical advantage, enemies turned to stone, not killed, blocking the way for enemies and enemy fire.

You could have your own Terra Cotta army standing in front of a pod you need to protect.

Obviously for balance issues, if the enemy cannot advance through the stone figures they would start actively destroying the figures themselves.

It would add some much needed depth and strategy to the frame for sure.

i'd suggest petrify NOT lokcing you into spectral-scream animation. i mean, does atlas REALLY need to focus that much to look into a direction? it looks like more than staring he's taking a dump.... for game's sake de should just let use walk and shoot while using it already.

Give Atlas visible rock armor when using petrify with the added armor boost obviously.

This would give it reason for the slow moving and it would help keep him safe while casting and with the rolling could even be used to get out of a tight spot.

Secondly I wish petrify would be permanent, why the F would an enemy unstone?

That it defreezes from being covered in ice ok, but stone?

Make it so you have to cast it longer but that you can either slightly cover them in stone, reducing movement and accuracy, and that you can completely turn them to stone.

This could then be used as a tactical advantage, enemies turned to stone, not killed, blocking the way for enemies and enemy fire.

You could have your own Terra Cotta army standing in front of a pod you need to protect.

Obviously for balance issues, if the enemy cannot advance through the stone figures they would start actively destroying the figures themselves.

It would add some much needed depth and strategy to the frame for sure.

I Love these ideas!

Having a way to block enemy fire while they also finish off their allies is fantastic.

If petrify was permanent it would be op, like an infinite scaling instakill. 

I'd say petrify isnot actually turning enemies into stone, it's just coating them with Void Dust Nanoparticles which quickly bind together, anshrouding the  enemy on a unmovable shell which locks the joints. Those bonds are not stable though, and eventually the enemy exerts enough stress that the stoneskin breaks down. 

If petrify was permanent it would be op, like an infinite scaling instakill. 

I'd say petrify isnot actually turning enemies into stone, it's just coating them with Void Dust Nanoparticles which quickly bind together, anshrouding the  enemy on a unmovable shell which locks the joints. Those bonds are not stable though, and eventually the enemy exerts enough stress that the stoneskin breaks down. 

Well it would not be instakill, like I said, it would take longer to do it.

This could obviously be balanced with stronger enemies needing even longer just like they would otherwise need more bullets to get killed.

(scaling with power strength I would say)

It would not be any different from any other move that could kill enemies,

except instead of killing them it would turn them into a permanent statue (to then be destroyed by either friend or foe).

I enjoy Atlas. Honestly. I love the idea of his Elemental Companion's but they do need a buff. I can see them being more useful with additional scaling and duration removed. Simply put it would make a power-strength Atlas build work nicely. And allow them to act as Body-Guards and distract enemies. 

Still, I'll keep using Atlas. And hope for the best... Though I think he should of been called a Elemental Lord Frame, not a brawler.. Also I find his animations a little... Weird..

all your suggestions are very good but i think that simpler tweaks are more feasible at the moment here's what i would do

2: the boulder deals damage equal to his remaining hp and knocks down enemies in a 20m radius on explosion, wall and boulder size scales with power strenght

3:slow petrification rate from 0.8 to 0.6-0.5 keep heavy unit resistence to pietrification but remove of the petrification rate cap and the whole "spectral scream stance" thing so people can use it while running or shooting

4:rumblers melee attacks will inherit the stats of your melee damage after mods are factored in with a damage boost and will be affected by attack speed mods (fury/berserker)  

Edited by bl4ckhunter

all your suggestions are very good but i think that simpler tweaks are more feasible at the moment here's what i would do

2: the boulder deals damage equal to his remaining hp and knocks down enemies in a 20m radius on explosion, wall and boulder size scales with power strenght

3:slow petrification rate from 0.8 to 0.6-0.5 keep heavy unit resistence to pietrification but remove of the petrification rate cap and the whole "spectral scream stance" thing so people can use it while running or shooting

4:rumblers melee attacks will inherit the stats of your melee damage after mods are factored in with a damage boost and will be affected by attack speed mods (fury/berserker)  

Your idea on the bulwark was something I thought of as well.

It would add some much needed depth, keep your shield up to protect yourself OR go all or nothing and send that wall rolling while it sitll would do a good amount of damage.