Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reason Not To Use Dual Secondaries Or Dual Melee? Here Is One...

omegaskorpion

Yes Omega, did u know the gunblade concept?

FFVIII

:D

yes...

IMG_0623.jpg

....i Know about them from real life >:D

But siriusly I know FF gunblade. (if not for internet i know it from Kingdom Hearts) 

But its still more practical to have gun and blade separated.

Then again its cool to have gunbladeshotgunsniper things and even cooler if player could wield pistol and gunblade in other hand.

Edited by omegaskorpion

Maybe make it so if you have a sword and board and you are using a single pistol you passively use the shield and get like a 33% chance to block incoming attacks while using a pistol or any one-handed weapon like the sword itself. I mean that's the whole point of shields, they're a weapon that defends you passively by just being held, well unless you are stupid like most video game character who move their shields away from them when they're doing anything but focusing on blocking.

This would be much easier to implement as it is just basically reflex guard but not taking up a mod slot.

Edited by Oishii

What about being able to equip 3 weapons of choice instead of 1 of each category? 

Also , ive been wanting to be able to fire my sidearm while in melee forever ,  DE please .

Edited by TheRealShade

Maybe make it so if you have a sword and board and you are using a single pistol you passively use the shield and get like a 33% chance to block incoming attacks while using a pistol or any one-handed weapon like the sword itself. I mean that's the whole point of shields, they're a weapon that defends you passively by just being held, well unless you are stupid like most video game character who move their shields away from them when they're doing anything but focusing on blocking.

This would be much easier to implement as it is just basically reflex guard but not taking up a mod slot.

Yeah, i also hate when in games the shield users just totaly forgot that they have shield while they attack. Shield user is meant to block all the time while he has shield, even while attacking (usualy to guard the attacking hand from being hit).

The Block change could work. I will make similar changes to the topic.

What about being able to equip 3 weapons of choice instead of 1 of each category? 

Also , ive been wanting to be able to fire my sidearm while in melee forever ,  DE please .

Now while that is not totaly bad idea, im not sure how unbalacned the player would get with weapons like soma prime and boltor prime in the same loadout. I however think that there should be grey area weapons like Grakata that could fit to primary and secondary slots.

We aren't really ninjas from the get go, its just a slogan... We're more of mercs then anything

Yeah, even DE has almost completely Dropped that slogan.

Omg this want transform ninjas in armored trolls 

The ninjas that we most of the times arent?

Also we already have shields so are we already trolls?

a reason to not use Dual Sidearms would be to have Statistical Balance.

instead of Dual Pistols being powercreep over the single - the Dual should actually have the negatives it's supposed to have.

what that means is Dual has much longer Reload, moderately lower Accuracy, more Recoiling Forces.

but the upsides, are larger Magazine, faster RoF (except for Twoooo Grakata since both fire at the same time).

Pretty much this post. But apparently needing 2 of the same gun to craft is a perfectly legitimate reason to justify single-wield variants being inferior in almost every way, and it seems that people still prefer using two guns instead of one so they don't care.

You guys want transform warframe in destiny cover or generic gears of wars with guns, guns and more guns, use the brain and warframe skills weapons ll be irrelevant

In my experience the desiny nor gears of war has riot shields.

They also dont have parcour.

What are you feared of?

if you are feared of mindless combat then you are already playing it, because in warframe all you need is 4 spam and boltor prime to kill everything.

I mean we already have many guns but in comaparison to those games they are much more unique.

Our abilities and weapons are already overpowered anyways so?

So only way to get players to use their brains in this game is to balance frames, weapons and enemies so that enemies take some form of effort to kill.

But thats besides the point...

We are talking about using melee weapon and pistol same time or pistol and shield and you bring out of nowhere 2 games that have neither of those...

Edited by omegaskorpion

You guys want transform warframe in destiny cover or generic gears of wars with guns, guns and more guns, use the brain and warframe skills weapons ll be irrelevant

uhhh?

i'm feeling like you didn't 'use the brain' for this. i don't knot what you're talking about.

Considering the changes to alt fire for primaries adding a new hotkey that is unused in melee, implementing quick secondary shot while in melee should be very easy. No idea why it hasn't been done yet.

Edited by Demon.King

Considering the changes to alt fire for primaries adding a new hotkey that is unused in melee, implementing quick secondary shot while in melee should be very easy. No idea why it hasn't been done yet.

While i like the idea of quik shot (it would be easy to code and the reloading would not be issue, not would the burst, charge secondaries) i still would prefer to be able to wield melee and pistol at the same time.

Which path DE chooses does not realy matter so long as it happens.

Now i added part about melee/pistol (any gun realy) executions.

While the executions are not the most polished thing right now and need more work, it would be cool (if holding melee and pistol would happen) to see their own execution moves.

Example of this would be that when doing execution the tenno will stab the enemy and then shoot him to head/stomac.

(just expample)

ACB_SP_S_57_GunShotInTheHead_1280.jpg

There would be also change for dual executions...

this was actualy the only hardest thing to do in brotherhood (outside of sometimes infuriating stealth and sometimes broken parkour)

ACB_SP_S_05_GunCounterKill_dp.jpg

Now i dont want executionfest or anything (to be fair they are very rare in warframe outside stealth ones) but variety is always good.

Edited by omegaskorpion

Ahh yes, I see you enjoy CoD and Battlefield.

Actualy no, i dont enjoy CoD. Battlefield was ok for a while but its not that good.

Now if this question comes because i suggested tactical shield then ok, because those are the games that invented everything right?

(exepth melee combat, or melee combat with guns, DMC and Bayonetta type of games invented those)