Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Crashing Frequently When Tabbing In And Out

Neah

Not sure what the problem is here, but ever since Update 17.7 (?), I've been crashing very frequently when tabbing in and out of the game (playing in windowed mode). Before this, I've rarely crashed (about once every few months), but now it occurs 5-6 times daily and its really frustrating to play.

I don't think its a hardware / Windows issue since the problem is only localized to Warframe, and the only thing I can think of causing the client to crash is tabbing in and out. I can be in the ship, in a mission, shortly after tabbing back in, the game crashes.

Anyone experiencing similar issues? 

• 3 weeks later...

Does the Warframe Crash Reporter appear when this happens? You'll want to submit a support ticket with your EE.log, and if the Crash Reporter is appearing, mention the WAR-# in your ticket as well.

In the meantime as a workaround, I'm curious if you can force the process to re-open via task manager; it will be the option "Switch To" when right-clicking an application.

Hmm, I remember having something similar a while back ago.

Though the client didn't crash or anything. What would happen (usually out of the blue-moon) is if I "tabbed out" (via hit the windows key to open up the task bar at the bottom to switch to a different tab; it's how I tab out of most things), after a little bit, it would just close without me even noticing. It can happen almost immediately or after a few minutes.

Since then, I've barely have experienced this anymore (I think once or twice) since I upgraded to Windows 10 back in early August. Most likely has nothing to do with it (coincidence really), but I thought it was worth noting. Because almost 2 years prior, it would happen once or twice a week if I need to tab out to check something.

Unfortunately it never crashed back then at all, as it would literally just close like if I manually did it.

But anyway, hopefully for the few having the OP's issue as well, it gets resolved soon!~

Edited by HalfDarkShadow