Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipers Still Need Love.....

Bizzaro21

can u please speak simpler? I`m sorry but I don`t quite understand anything between the brackets u have here

What Im saying is basically gurantee crit and status procs on weak points (for snipers only) and double the aoe radius, damage/effect (cept viral should likely be more 75% max hp reduction), and duration of status procs for snipers only. By doing so Weakpoints would have a major part in Sniper game play. More skillful use (weak points) would offer greater payout than using them like a garbage rifle (spraying for body shots).

What Im saying is basically gurantee crit and status procs on weak points (for snipers only) and double the aoe radius, damage/effect (cept viral should likely be more 75% max hp reduction), and duration of status procs for snipers only. By doing so Weakpoints would have a major part in Sniper game play. More skillful use (weak points) would offer greater payout than using them like a garbage rifle (spraying for body shots).

oh, since u put it like that, I think I agree

I agree with pretty much everything here but innate suppressors, for two reasons:

1. it's illogical, because suppressors IRL tend to slow down bullet velocity, a lot, which reduces armour piercing capabilities on heavily armoured targets and potentially reduces effective range. However since this Warframe and the only logic that's consistent is "Void Magic" and "Space Ninjas" I'm willing to overlook this.

2. I want my snipers to have a big thundering kaboom when I pull the trigger, not the Latron Prime 'pew pew' that I absolutely hate with a passion, I'd rather this be a trait that's stuck onto a new sniper and not all the snipers.

Edited by Ninjaboy00

buff headshot damage? lmfao the rubico could probably one shot level 600 enemies then. no thanks. 

it should if the user can land a headshot in the middle of 100 enemies swarming you, and so what? enemies spawn in hordes and snipers are slow and clunky

I agree with pretty much everything here but innate suppressors, for two reasons:

1. it's illogical, because suppressors IRL tend to slow down bullet velocity, a lot, which reduces armour piercing capabilities on heavily armoured targets and potentially reduces effective range. However since this Warframe and the only logic that's consistent is "Void Magic" and "Space Ninjas" I'm willing to overlook this.

2. I want my snipers to have a big thundering kaboom when I pull the trigger, not the Latron Prime 'pew pew' that I absolutely hate with a passion, I'd rather this be a trait that's stuck onto a new sniper and not all the snipers.

same mate, I did say that it`s to be "Opticor" or "sonicor" type of silent, loud AF but doesn`t alarm enemies, maybe should add that to OP

Alright!

so I did some tests with Lanka using this build:

8jzHWhc.jpg

and it`s TTK on lvl 95 corrupted bombards is 1-3 headshots, depends on crits, note that this is using highest scope

on a gunner, it took 1 headshot, even when the crit wasn`t red

IMO all snipers should be this powerful to reward their clunkiness and CC crisis

Alright!

so I did some tests with Lanka using this build:

8jzHWhc.jpg

and it`s TTK on lvl 95 corrupted bombards is 1-3 headshots, depends on crits, note that this is using highest scope

on a gunner, it took 1 headshot, even when the crit wasn`t red

IMO all snipers should be this powerful to reward their clunkiness and CC crisis

Yes please

it should if the user can land a headshot in the middle of 100 enemies swarming you, and so what? enemies spawn in hordes and snipers are slow and clunky

same mate, I did say that it`s to be "Opticor" or "sonicor" type of silent, loud AF but doesn`t alarm enemies, maybe should add that to OP

headshot criticals are already overpowered, sorry. 

I think the buff should be that it doesn't matter what level the enemy is, one shot will do the trick, Headshots shouldn't be the only way to kill an enemy. So the ability to detect weak spots, just like the Helios mod should be a must. The reason behind this thinking is that snipers are lower tier compared to the DPS weapons that can get plenty of kills, while the sniper just sits there. Should I take a rifle that takes about 5 seconds to kill a high level mob or should take a shotgun/automatic rifle that can kill about 10-20 during the same time.

Status and Crits should always happen, no matter what. Accuracy should be higher, and should add the crotching mechanics for sniper rifles, other games have it set that if you crotch, the accuracy increases, no more moving the scope swinging all over the place.

The punch through is a must as well. It is a heavy caliber, just like bows that have that innate punchthrough and not to mention that force to push them back, should be the case of some sniper rifles, even if they aren't impact based. It should be a mechanic for sniper rifles.

While these suggestions seems OP, the issue is the time it takes to reload and fire some shots. These might seem huge, but still they will kill less than other primaries, even secondaries are best. Actually. Let's compare it to the Lex Prime. How in the hell Lex Prime have better accuracy than a sniper rifle, faster reload and faster firing rate?

If I were to pick a sniper file I would pick Lex over them, cause Lex is pretty much what a Sniper Rifle should be, just add a scope to it and there you go.

headshot criticals are already overpowered, sorry. 

in case u haven`t noticed, u can only headshot one enemy at a time, and there is only lanka as a viable crit sniper, and it wrecks now as it is anyway, headies should reward the user if he can land them, especially on weapons with such terrible fire rate

I think the buff should be that it doesn't matter what level the enemy is, one shot will do the trick, Headshots shouldn't be the only way to kill an enemy. So the ability to detect weak spots, just like the Helios mod should be a must. The reason behind this thinking is that snipers are lower tier compared to the DPS weapons that can get plenty of kills, while the sniper just sits there. Should I take a rifle that takes about 5 seconds to kill a high level mob or should take a shotgun/automatic rifle that can kill about 10-20 during the same time.

Status and Crits should always happen, no matter what. Accuracy should be higher, and should add the crotching mechanics for sniper rifles, other games have it set that if you crotch, the accuracy increases, no more moving the scope swinging all over the place.

The punch through is a must as well. It is a heavy caliber, just like bows that have that innate punchthrough and not to mention that force to push them back, should be the case of some sniper rifles, even if they aren't impact based. It should be a mechanic for sniper rifles.

While these suggestions seems OP, the issue is the time it takes to reload and fire some shots. These might seem huge, but still they will kill less than other primaries, even secondaries are best. Actually. Let's compare it to the Lex Prime. How in the hell Lex Prime have better accuracy than a sniper rifle, faster reload and faster firing rate?

If I were to pick a sniper file I would pick Lex over them, cause Lex is pretty much what a Sniper Rifle should be, just add a scope to it and there you go.

exactly, no matter how much damage a single shot does, it`s still a single shot, this is not some anime game where overdamage on an enemy blows it up lol, the excess damage is a waste, so pretty much as long as snipers have this crap DPS they have, they should have insane DPShot

Warframe is still a fast paced game, snipers have a hard time between slow fire rate(reload+ aim), lots of enemys at once and small maps, and all that stuf that can be said.

After the rework we got some nice things (optionals scopes, base dmg buff, combo counter) and others uncalled for (that screen shake while scoped, like its too much really, no acurrazy on no-scoped shots). Overall, i think it was more good than bad, we need to fit our playstile to these changes.

Im still waiting that the lanka gets something that makes it higlight enemys while scoped, similar to scaner, or/and autocharge , also make it silent, it donst make sense its silent, but alarming at the same time(it breaks ivaras invis). Im still waiting for the vectis series to get 1m punchthrough. Im still waiting for more reasos to aim for headshots outside argon scope. Im still waiting for an accesory that makes then silent, no need for "wasting" a mod slot.

Also i would like to see a sniper based on dmg, not crit, so we have something similar to the opticor but with scopes and stuff. This is an interesting twist to see, and to compensate for the crit it can have 2x-4x extra dmg on headshots depending on the scope.

Nullifiers did broke even more the slow firerate weapons(snipers included). I still cant figure why a heavy caliber weapon, like a sniper or a shotgun, cant take donw or even ignore those dam shields. Dont get started on roquets just bouncing of then.

Me personally, one of my top "fun" builds now is banshee,lanka, atomos/brakk/kulstar or something like that and redeemer. I can clean off small targets with the reedemer up to a medium distance and just use the lanka on heavy untis. Also i can get up close to a nullifier and have little to no problem. It also works with other meles that have good range(orthos, glaives, galatine, etc)

Warframe is still a fast paced game, snipers have a hard time between slow fire rate(reload+ aim), lots of enemys at once and small maps, and all that stuf that can be said.

After the rework we got some nice things (optionals scopes, base dmg buff, combo counter) and others uncalled for (that screen shake while scoped, like its too much really, no acurrazy on no-scoped shots). Overall, i think it was more good than bad, we need to fit our playstile to these changes.

Im still waiting that the lanka gets something that makes it higlight enemys while scoped, similar to scaner, or/and autocharge , also make it silent, it donst make sense its silent, but alarming at the same time(it breaks ivaras invis). Im still waiting for the vectis series to get 1m punchthrough. Im still waiting for more reasos to aim for headshots outside argon scope. Im still waiting for an accesory that makes then silent, no need for "wasting" a mod slot.

Also i would like to see a sniper based on dmg, not crit, so we have something similar to the opticor but with scopes and stuff. This is an interesting twist to see, and to compensate for the crit it can have 2x-4x extra dmg on headshots depending on the scope.

Nullifiers did broke even more the slow firerate weapons(snipers included). I still cant figure why a heavy caliber weapon, like a sniper or a shotgun, cant take donw or even ignore those dam shields. Dont get started on roquets just bouncing of then.

Me personally, one of my top "fun" builds now is banshee,lanka, atomos/brakk/kulstar or something like that and redeemer. I can clean off small targets with the reedemer up to a medium distance and just use the lanka on heavy untis. Also i can get up close to a nullifier and have little to no problem. It also works with other meles that have good range(orthos, glaives, galatine, etc)

well you are mostly right here, but I`m sure not all snipers got base dmg buffs with rework worth mentioning, their damage is still inferior to almost everything else, not to mention their fire rate and CC potential.........

Lanka is in a good place now, others should be at the same level

well you are mostly right here, but I`m sure not all snipers got base dmg buffs with rework worth mentioning, their damage is still inferior to almost everything else, not to mention their fire rate and CC potential.........

Lanka is in a good place now, others should be at the same level

yup, not all snipers got a dmg buff, but now i think most of snipers are in a good position in terms of dmg when we consider crit headshots. Also, getting a 2x multiplier its prety easy with punchthru+multishot. All the other weaps outclase snipers on dps, with itsnt that good of a measure considering snipers.

The lanka is in a good place because it has the best scope bonus, making that it can even redcrit, so it has consistent dmg, not spikes. Also it has so many drawbacks that it can even be considered a reskined bow, which makes it even more a love-or-hate. I think a lot of people would be happy if all other snipers got the same scope bonuses.

yup, not all snipers got a dmg buff, but now i think most of snipers are in a good position in terms of dmg when we consider crit headshots. Also, getting a 2x multiplier its prety easy with punchthru+multishot. All the other weaps outclase snipers on dps, with itsnt that good of a measure considering snipers.

The lanka is in a good place because it has the best scope bonus, making that it can even redcrit, so it has consistent dmg, not spikes. Also it has so many drawbacks that it can even be considered a reskined bow, which makes it even more a love-or-hate. I think a lot of people would be happy if all other snipers got the same scope bonuses.

Sniper is an excellent burst weapon, it just lacks sustainable DPS on target, and whether or not that is a good thing depends on context.  Against the hordes of chaff sent you, that's a problem, while being able to drop a bombard in one hit is most definitely a boon

And that is, ideally, what a sniper on a team should be focusing on.  He's got teammates to kill the junk, while he drops the heavies (which are a full head taller than everything else.

now we`re on the same page

Sniper is an excellent burst weapon, it just lacks sustainable DPS on target, and whether or not that is a good thing depends on context.  Against the hordes of chaff sent you, that's a problem, while being able to drop a bombard in one hit is most definitely a boon

And that is, ideally, what a sniper on a team should be focusing on.  He's got teammates to kill the junk, while he drops the heavies (which are a full head taller than everything else.

exactly, but only few snipers can kill heavies, with their pathetic damage/sec and /shot, as far as i know, only Rubico and Lanka can, can`t tell about snipetron, vulkar and vectis suck a ton

its obvious

it doesn't have enough magazine capacity 

it doesn't have punch through, i know corpus snipers has one but i'm no fan of corpus so ye also their model sucks

it doesn't have aoe 

well, I did say they should get punch through, and actually CC lack is part of being a powerful one shot weapon, but I think on some weapons it can be needed (snipetron for example has 4 rounds mag and near 5 secs reload)

OH i forgot to mention the rubico s combo counter resets before you can even finish reloading even with primed fast hands

even more reasons combo counter is BS lol

I think I had utility buffs included, if not I`ll add them

thank you for feedback

• 4 weeks later...