Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Space Ninjas Machinima. 2 Episodes Written So Far!

Snow_Crash

01 - Heart Attack

02 - Fugetaboutit

Hey everyone,

A few weeks ago during a slow day at work I decided to type up an idea I'd been having for a Warframe Machinima series. Unsurprisingly it was heavily inspired by shows like Red vs Blue and Matchmaking. It started out as just a way to kill time before my shift ended but now it's starting to look like something promising. In about a week I was able to write rough bios for 10 character and two episode scripts.

The show is called “Space Ninjas” (so simple it’s brilliant.) The basic plot will be fairly simple and center on a clan of dysfunctional Tenno warriors and their daily lives on and off duty.

I'd love to make this show a reality, but recording scenes will be a bit difficult until DE releases a "Theatre Mode" for warframe. I've come up with some ways to work around this though and hope to start shooting episode 1 soon.

http://www.plotbot.com/screenplays/spaceninjas/screenplay'>Click here to read the latest Space Ninjas Scripts as I update them in real time. If you register for the site (which only takes a minute) you can provide direct feedback to the project as it's being written and maybe even help contribute to it.

And the cast so far is…

Excalibur – “The New Guy” Just recently woken from cryo-sleep, Cal is a talented fighter but relatively new to the life of a Tenno. Some of the more experienced clan members try to take him “under their wing." Others like taking advantage of his naiveté to play cruel little jokes or make him do the work they don't want to. Does seem to get a little overzealous when he gets a new weapon to the point where he has to tell EVERYONE about how cool it is.

Loki – Troll. Plays dumb but is actually much smarter than he lets on. Talks kind of like Caboose from RvB. Enjoys referencing memes and “accidentally” killing people. For the LOLs he’ll often claim that his kills where actually elaborate suicides. Also enjoys breaking out into song. Inspired by Ashley Burch from
and Caaaaaarl from "
"

Frost – The “Great and Glorious Leader” of the cell. Despite his ice powers Frost is nothing but hot air. Loves making overblown speeches and wearing others down with his “tales of epic victory” but is the first to duck for cover when bullets start to fly. Talks in a very grandiose and theatrical manner and heavily in denial of his cowardice. Says “glorious” a lot.

Rhino – Despite having the figure of a brute, Rhino is actually an intellectual. While incredibly adept at bashing in skulls, Rhino would much rather read Shakespeare or ponder matters of philosophy and often does so in the middle of a brawl. Asking him a question on any subject will often result in very long and rambling lecture.

Ember – The literal “hot head” of the group. Always looking for a fight, is easily riled up and frequently jumps to conclusions (usually ones that involve shooting someone in the face or setting them on fire.) Very difficult to be around as nearly anything said or done in her proximity may be misconstrued as a threat, insult, or challenge. Sort of like Joe Pesci in Goodfellas but with pyrokinesis as well as a gun.

Nyx – Total party girl and prankster. Her love of screwing with people and youthful impulsiveness combined with her psi abilities make her very dangerous to others around her, especially allies. Just for a laugh she may erase a cherished memory, make you sing a Broadway musical, or have you forget how your bowels are supposed to work.

Banshee – Partially deaf so she has TROUBLE CONTROLLING THE VOLUME OF HER VOICE which often annoys the rest of her team. Is a genuinely nice and likable person but is usually avoided by her friends because of her disability. Often gets depressed and if upset may break into a crying fit that shatters windows and breaks eardrums.

Trinity – The team medic (of course.) She always speaks in a warm, soft, and caring tone and appears to be the team’s “mother figure” but anyone who’s been treated by her knows that’s all a façade. She’s actually the most sadistic member of the cell and enjoys testing the defensive and regenerative abilities of the Warframes. Team members coming in for a bullet wound may leave with some extra scars (fully cauterized of course.) “Oh, did that hurt dearie? How much? How about this? Does it hurt more or less?”

Ash – The “silent warrior” of the group, but not by choice. He doesn't talk because he literally can’t (too much smoking of course) and his stealth training has been so hard wired into him that he can’t really make any sound at all. This makes it almost impossible for him to approach his team mates without startling them. His lines are limited to internal monologues in which he reflects upon his predicament and voices his thoughts on his team mates. Kind of like JD from Scrubs if he was a mute ninja. Sometime communicates through signs ala "Wile E. Coyote."

Volt – “The Tight-&#!.” Volt takes his role as a Tenno warrior much more seriously than his clan mates and has “fiercely dedicated himself to the cause of the Lotus,” despite not even knowing what that is. The other Tenno of course find his overzealous “no-nonsense” attitude ridiculous and often play malicious pranks to get a rise out of him. Needless to say this frustrates him to no end. He may have the hots for the Lotus’s Missions Operator (the one who tells you what to do.)

Stay tuned for more and feedback is appreciated.

Edited by SNOWCR45HED

Hey guys, just discovered that some lines from episode 2 got lost when I uploaded the script to Plot Bot. Fixed it though! The website isn't the most ergonomic I know but it's the only one I could find that lets you read scripts without registering (and that isn't blocked by my office firewall.)

This would be the first machinima attempt of Waframe I'd have seen.

It sounds great so far so I wish you good luck.

Ps. I'm curious to see what will you make of Mag, Saryn and Vauban.

So far when I think of these characters the following ideas pop into my head:

Mag - Homicidal Robot ala GLaDOS or SHODAN

Saryn - Aging femme fatal who's lost her sex appeal.

Vauban - Smooth talking lecher/super spy (may sound like a horny Sean Connery) "The name's Ban, Vauban." 

I hope to flesh these ideas out more once lady inspiration decides to come whack me over the head with a mallet, but if you have your own ideas let me know, I'd be happy to hear them.

So far when I think of these characters the following ideas pop into my head:

Vauban - Smooth talking lecher/super spy (may sound like a horny Sean Connery) "The name's Ban, Vauban." 

I hope to flesh these ideas out more once lady inspiration decides to come whack me over the head with a mallet, but if you have your own ideas let me know, I'd be happy to hear them.

Well I suppose Psycho Mag(tis) would be interesting, but I think it might be a funny sort of twist if everyone (or most) though she is 'cute' while acting like that.

Either that or something based off the fact she controls magnetism.

Saryn may need a bit of work but while I cannot provide a valid idea for the moment I could say it's going there. After all I do believe she was designed to be the 'attractive frame' aesthetics-wise.

I got nothin' on Vauban other than imagining his voice with a non-english european accent.

Saryns role sounds good.

Ash could have psychopathic features, making the team getting creeped out by him.

Mag could be a superannoying little girl that fangirls the leader, Frost, or the new guy, Cal. Constantly making updates on facebook and stuff.

Id love to see Vauban as a kind of "mad german scientist" that provides the team with inventions that dont always work so well.

its-alive3.gif

Edited by corpseshock

Good news everyone! I approached another machinima maker on youtube about collaborating on Space Ninjas and he says he's interested. If we can work through some technical issues with recording we may have an episode soon. Cross your fingers.

• 1 month later...

Is this thing still alive?

Yes, this thing is actually still alive. I'm collaborating with another Warframe personality on Youtube who's a talented video editor and very enthusiastic about this project. Unfortunately, due to my 58 hour work weeks and his adjusting to his new house and job our progress has been a bit of an uphill battle. All the games we got during the Steam Summer Sale aren't helping either.

We're currently in pre-production for Episode 01 - Clone Orphans! (Heart Attack is now episode 03.) The episode looks pretty good on paper so far but it's a bit short and needs a decent cap to finish with. We're also having trouble finding a good place to shoot the episode as it will require a "chest high wall" with decent camera placement and a steady stream of enemy grineer to play as "extras." We really hope to have the episode out by the beginning of next month though.

Hope so, this looks great. Some awesome writing there too

Thank you very much! I'm always happy to hear feedback on my work. If you can, please share this with your friends and ask them to express their comments, concerns, criticisms, suggestions, etc. A little moral can go a long way with the creative process and simple ideas from other Warframe fans may even inspire whole new episodes.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm waiting...

It's coming... >.< Rome wasn't built in a day ya know! (or three weeks)

But yes, I'm sorry you guys have had to wait like this. We're trying to get it done, but we've been runing into some hurdles such like scheduling conflicts, misunderstandings with scene direction, an exploding computer, etc. But don't think we're giving up! No sir! When trouble pushes us down we'll blindly kick and scream at it till we either knock it out somehow or it runs away in confusion!

In all seriousness though, my schedules have been clearing up lately and we hope to finish shooting tonight so we can get to work adding sound and voices. Space Ninjas is going to happen!

In the meantime please enjoy this trailer we totally didn't put together in a hurry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFTD6wOG8Ec Edited by SNOWCR45HED

It's coming... >.< Rome wasn't built in a day ya know! (or three weeks)

But yes, I'm sorry you guys have had to wait like this. We're trying to get it done, but we've been runing into some hurdles such like scheduling conflicts, misunderstandings with scene direction, an exploding computer, etc. But don't think we're giving up! No sir! When trouble pushes us down we'll blindly kick and scream at it till we either knock it out somehow or it runs away in confusion!

In all seriousness though, my schedules have been clearing up lately and we hope to finish shooting tonight so we can get to work adding sound and voices. Space Ninjas is going to happen!

In the meantime please enjoy this trailer we totally didn't put together in a hurry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFTD6wOG8Ec

Ah, good to see progress IS being made. Anxious to see how this turns out.

• 1 month later...