Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mission Concept] New 5 To 8 Player Missions

M4g1kz

Greetings Tenno! I am here again to propose and push an idea loved by other Council members.

Suggestions and Feedback is very appreciated!

The Dojo needs a new building block, a way to make more people feel like they need to be in it and use it in a way where the Dojo becomes more than just any meeting spot. Implementing a Warp Capsule that holds up from 5-8 Tenno soldiers ("Platoon") in which they get warped through a wormhole with only the tier of difficulty selected, no expected destination.

Thus with no exact destinations, their missions types will be random and could incorporate new mission types all together based on selected difficulty. This would make the Clan and members think hard before heading out on a mission as to what load-out would be logical for a hard mission.

====================
| New Mission Style #1 |
====================

Survival

Survival is what it is, it's a fight to survive, while either a random race or randomly selected mobs from races will endlessly charge your for a select amount of time. Difficulties of Survival can bring you all the way from a 5-minute survival to a 15-minute survival mission. The map could be more of a massive battlefield on the planets surface rather than rooms upon rooms separated by doors. The planet can have some structures that allow the Tenno to move freely and tactical to survive longer.

This kind of mode in Warframe can incorporate new huge ideas like making Jackals or Hyena's considered a "Mini" Boss if you will, and letting them run wild with the enemy; because, let's be honest, we've killed the Hyena hundreds of times, there's got to be more than one lol.

There will be no gap of freedom in Survival missions though, it will be an endless rush of enemies from all sides. "How will we have time to pick up mods?" Given that there will be massive mod drops in this kind of style, there will be given a 1 minute grace period after you successfully survive.

=======================
| Titan Bosses (Elaborated) |
=======================

"Boss Battles"

If given the idea that the current bosses could be more or less labeled as mini-bosses due to size and difficulty, I and many others believe it is more than reasonable to make more extravagent bosses of collasal nature.
For instance:

Corpus-
Your mission begins, Lotus informs the team that they're planning on something huge to destroy the Tenno, or disrupt the balance between races. Halfway through the mission she gets detailed information on what's being built, it's a giant of robotic nature. By getting there you have to use concepts of other missions, of course the overall is going to feel like a Sabotage mission, but to access the door to the Corpus laboratory, you find out you need Data Consoles to open the door. Due to this inconvenience, you don't make it in time before the Corpus Giant is complete.
They unleash this monstrosity in a large corpus room, in which it will take all eight or less Tenno to the far extent of their Warframe's abilities.

Infested-
The mutagen DNA in the Infested Ancients is going out of control and they almost seem to be fusing. An idea from other Council members is that this is where we could see the Old Ancients once more. The mutagen is slowly going out of control, but to slow down the process for nothing goes haywire, Lotus informs you to destroy tubular containers of mutagen DNA that is being linked to the main hull of the Infested Ship.
It's too late, the last container is in a large room, but after breaking it, you hear a massive roar, and an Infested Giant enters room with it's tiny counterparts.

Grineer-
The grineer found access to a large stash of Orokin technology and have begun manifesting it into a heavily armored suit or as Lotus could say, "It seems to be...be very careful Tenno, this looks similar to your own Warframes." Now this is where it gets interesting because there's one thing Warframe devs have never went quite crazy with, is hacking. You will be informed to run to the area where Lotus believes the Grineer is storing this creation, but you find out that you'll need time to hack into the system to get into this area.
It'll become a defense mission to protect the individual hacking a console every given wave. The hacking will not be as simple as the old ones, the (10)/(9)/(8) Waves will not be depicted by when the enemies are clear, but the (.5)/(.75)/(1)minute timer on the elaborte hacked console. If the individual fails, the wave will start anew, making the mission take longer than expected.

===================
| Everyone's Favorite |
===================

Defense

Your pod crash-landed aftering going through the wormhole and you must protect it while Lotus gets the systems back online. Plans have become a bit more difficult Tenno, Lotus can't get the systems back online without Data Consoles, so your group must split up to recover enough data consoles and hold off (3)/(5)/(7) waves after recovering the (5)/(10)/(15) consoles.

------------------------------------------------------------

Fellow Tenno including myself have done a lot of Tower Grinding these past few weeks. So there are a few new ideas to impliment future rewards and more difficult and complex additions to the Dojo and teamwork.

Also this is a repost due to me posting it in a different part of the forums in which it wasn't really paid attention to.

I hope you enjoyed the ideas posted here, below I will involve any of your logical ideas to expand on the "Raid" Room for the Dojo and it's missions!

Thank you for your time.

**Edit** Please keep in mind this is just the foundation of an idea, the ideal 8 man mission is just a concept, therefore I'm just suggesting that we can have more than just the original four Warframes.

------------------------------------------------------------

Endrance - "we have discovered a new wormhole, i want you to investigate."

ethics - There are some awesomely big tiles that could take 8 players. Like the Grineer galleon Shuttle hangar. Could also incorporate waiting for a ship if it were a defense type.

Edited by M4g1kz

I like the idea of different or fused mission types and the idea to try and make them clan orientated. Even the use of random mission types is a good idea.

BUT...

I can't put my finger on it but, there seems to be something missing to make this a viable and polished idea? (Not a very useful comment I know, but just wanted to make my opinion known, sorry)

Maybe someone else has improvement ideas? While I think.

I like the idea of different or fused mission types and the idea to try and make them clan orientated. Even the use of random mission types is a good idea.

BUT...

I can't put my finger on it but, there seems to be something missing to make this a viable and polished idea? (Not a very useful comment I know, but just wanted to make my opinion known, sorry)

Maybe someone else has improvement ideas? While I think.

Please give it more thought, for I hope this becomes a pinned topic for this idea can be really focused on.

• 1 month later...

Please give it more thought, for I hope this becomes a pinned topic for this idea can be really focused on.

Even if they pin it they won't get to it for a LONG time... not even update 20 could pull this off I imagine. They already stated the hosting system can barely handle more then 4 players at a time. Even if you can do it during the glitchs the majority of players CANT...

edit: this would also leave out small clans, and people who refuse to join a clan.

Edited by Arlayn