Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Concept Artwork] - Feral Wf - Cat Wf

Nasmodok

My brother drew these but he wasn't sure how to get them on the forums.

Rebecca said they check out the Fan art pages each day, so I figured this would be the best place to drop this off at.  Hopefully it's good timing since there was mention of a cat/feral WF in our near future.

Feral WF

* Runs on all fours.

* Generally hunched over 90% of the time.

(Edit: Bubble added, comments from the artist)

i agree, i think a combination of the skills and the idle stance and the look should present a very feral feel the wf. they could always add say a sprint animation if there were more that could use it added in the future.

Artwork displays a possible dagger holding stance, as well as dagger holsters on the calf muscles.

Both my brother and I greatly prefer the head on the right.

Enjoy!

1odr.jpg

Here's images from later in the thread for quick viewing.

Finished Profile artwork:
3p1k.jpg

Finished Stance added:
2zqk.jpg

Full Finished Image added:
npgp.jpg

Edited by Nasmodok

Surprisingly interesting. I didn't quite get the "helmet on the right" you mentioned. Maybe because it's late and I'm seelpy. Will check again tomorrow.

Either way, +1.

Personally I see it more as a cross between a cat and a dragon.  The cat having it's ears laying back, somewhat like an angry tiger.  And since these are alien renditions it makes good sense to me.  Plus the one on the left is too angular and reminds me of a shark.  Also you can only really see the right head in the big pictures.. I don't think he had it nailed out when he was doing the body shots. 

Anyway, I emailed him the link, so he should probably chime in sometime tomorrow.  I don't think he will post during work either, so...

Edited by Nasmodok

Nice concept. I hope we never see a cat warframe though.. It's a cat.

hah.. well.. to be clear it's more of a tiger, feral, hunter, dragon, ninja... thing. 

The point is to have a WF that runs on all fours and is hunched over more often. ^_^

hah.. well.. to be clear it's more of a tiger, feral, hunter, dragon, ninja... thing. 

The point is to have a WF that runs on all fours and is hunched over more often. ^_^

All fours? Female warframe? Am I the only one that sees a problem with this.

Those daggers are awesome. Must have In-Game.

Edited by NBlitZ

Those daggers are awesome. Must have In-Game.

So make it male.  The concept is the important part.. and possibly using his head or armor ideas.  :P

the design itself looks awesome, i just think an "cat" warframe is just stupid, i dont know what the council has been smoking

dont blame the design council, this was entirely a product of rebecca in the livestreams and some update notes

Wow this is awesome.

The body is very good, and the posture is interesting. Having a warframe with actual unique movement to match the theme would be sick.

The helmet however is EXCEPTIONAL imo. Especially the one on the right. It perfectly captures the soul of warframe designs, where you see the inspiration for the frame is drawn from, but it's not too over-the-top where it just looks like a guy/gal wearing an animal mask.

Bravo, good sirs.

PS: Now that drifter gave up on his catframe concept, it's nice to have another take on the idea :3

PSS: Where did they mention there will be a catframe in the future?!?!?!? I thought that was more of a running joke from Bex?

Aye, lad. The problem lies with you! *shake fist*

I can see this warframe having a ability that makes him/her invincible. In a sense of dodging incoming attacks.

I know we have slash and dash.. but anyone remember Berserker Barrage from Wolverine in the marvel vs capcom games? 

How cool would that look in 3d?

Wow this is awesome.

The body is very good, and the posture is interesting. Having a warframe with actual unique movement to match the theme would be sick.

The helmet however is EXCEPTIONAL imo. Especially the one on the right. It perfectly captures the soul of warframe designs, where you see the inspiration for the frame is drawn from, but it's not too over-the-top where it just looks like a guy/gal wearing an animal mask.

I thought the same thing when I saw it.  Especially the mask portion.

Edited by Nasmodok

I wonder if there would be a camouflage ability with it for stealth, and an ability that uses claws and your melee weapon for slash/ bash damage +bleeding?

This is well drawn and thought out. When the final design is inked, could you post it here? I choose the helmet with the orb on the forehead. ^^

I wonder if there would be a camouflage ability with it for stealth, and an ability that uses claws and your melee weapon for slash/ bash damage +bleeding?

This is well drawn and thought out. When the final design is inked, could you post it here? I choose the helmet with the orb on the forehead. ^^

If they do that helmet I'd still like it to look like the one on the right.  Say the right one with the orb thing.. Prime version!  lol