Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gram Alternative Design

Djula

Looks pretty nice would like to see that design on the Gram much more then that extended plasma sword... ya a bit longer would be awesome +1 for your design... the most guys only complain about the Gram but dont have any idea how it should look or post skins for games like skyrim... xD its a more cyber based game so why are there so much posts about sword from like ages ago? xD

It is shaped with a big baseblade, falling downards, creating an edge. It's not the blade itself as the contures.

The handle is not similar, but it's such a simple and common handle, like you molded a iron pipe onto the knife.

I do not think it fits the "plasma" ideal. If you look at the plasma, you have cables upholding the plasma stream, like in the plasma sword and Gram.

We need a new plasma model: Yes.

This one: Not really fitting the picture.

Signature.png

Too "scary" looking for warframe.

It could do for medieval mmo, whever warframe got way different weapon style.

Let me explain it:

Blunt weapons in warframe look like some machinery device - Furax got heavy grip and outcomming "spikes" which generates energy for great punch. Fragor have a "coil" like edges and "punch" core. Heavy head + core generate it's power. Bo is just a stick.

Swords of Warframe look "alive" - Skana, daggers and chronos are all look like a part of warframe. They are look like a living thing, not as a weapon. Plasma is also machine type weapon - it have wires and plasma edges. Self explainatory.

Axes is pretty much funniest part - all axes look like a part of Lotus sign. It shapes and curves very similar to Lotus logo.

This design is doesn't fit any of the warframe weaponry.

I hope you see my point here.

-later

No, it's not even for medieval mmo. More like jRpg like or Skyrim mod.

Edited by Juuza

Don't you know that TES games (both oblivion and skyrim) are pretty much where all the modded 12ft curvy blades being added most?

Along with spiky armors, booby girls and other customly designed stuff, which doesn't fit original game lore.

> how should a Plasma Sword fit into Skyrim!?

That's the point. It doesn't fit.

Edited by Juuza

http://nekomatatensh...-Gram-353321539

but a bit longer ^3^

hope u like it

I hope nothing like this ever makes it into warframe. The Scindo and Fragor are already verging on comically oversized, something like that would look completely ridiculous. This isn't a slight on your design neccessarily, it's just that the scale would look totally out of place with the rest of the art direction.

I'm personally really liking how the scaled up plasma sword looks. Much more than the burston as the boltor at least. I know it's probably a placeholder, but I'll be sad to see it go unless they replace it with something really outstanding. I wouldn't mind of they replaced the plasma sword with another model and kept the current one for Gram, to be honest.

Its funny most of you are only complaining about the Gram and about that sword (not only in this thread) but u post medieval like weapons which are 2 times bigger then the character... only complaining but dont even make a desing for the gram... if you dont like the gram say how it should look if you dont like this then give tipps but only complaining doesn't help a bit

I ain't signing for being a designer. Warframe team did great so far and i believe they will come up with something great by themselves. They will change model just because gamer comunity want it. Only warframe team can make fitable good looking model for Gram.

I don't complain about Gram, for me it's looking good, slightly outweighted tho.

Trying isn't what should be rewarded. Hard work, idea and overall concept work is things that produce a good design. Warframe have canons which shouldn't be ruined. I agree that some weapons look out of it by it size, but only because original idea is Ninjas. Myself i don't have anything against long weapons (but only ones that REAL person would use, not a goddamn 12ft paddle).

Boltor is a good example of "living" design. Boltor is look like a creature. It fits overall design of frames and swords.