Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arachne, The Weaver (Updated)

xZeromusx

This is Arachne, the weaver. Smooth as silk, she feasts on her enemies.

Appearance: Female frame with a spider theme. (Big butt like Khora?) Arachne could have 4 spider legs on her upper back that have animation involvement on skills like Spinneret, holding a cocoon on her back, or spinning silk during egg sac and weave. I’m imagining something similar to Spiderman in the new Avenger’s movies, or Elise from League of Legends.

latest?cb=20150321152628

Passive: Setules – Arachne is capable of crawling along walls using wall latch. Wall latch duration matching Loki.

Chelicera – 25 energy – Arachne leaps towards her target, and injects them with venom, inflicting heavy toxic damage. Any enemies in her way are inflicted with toxic damage.

-Visual: Linear AOE. 3m wide leap attack.

Spinneret – 50 energy – Arachne pulls a target towards her and encases them in silk. Activating the skill again allows her to feast on the trapped enemy, healing herself.

-Visual: Arachne’s legs on her back encase a cocoon when she has a target trapped. Essentially makes the skill a portable personal health restore.

-Synergy with Weave. Casting Weave with a trapped target drops the cocoon on her back and adds its health to the health pool of Weave.

Egg Sac – 75 energy - Arachne spawns an egg sac at her location that spawns one of her brood which will seek out the nearest enemy and latches onto them, inflicting toxin damage. If the brood is killed before the enemy, it explodes in a cloud of silk which slows and reduces the fire rate of the target and nearby enemies. If it kills the enemy, it feeds on its carcass, healing itself, and maturing into an adult with more health and attack and can use Spinneret, able to consume the enemy if it gets low on health, or becoming a walking health station for Arachne and allies.

-Synergy with Spinneret. Casting Egg Sac with a trapped enemy causes the brood to mature instantly by consuming the enemy trapped by Spinneret.

-Synergy with Weave. If her mature brood is carrying an enemy, it will drop it on Arachne’s web, adding its health to the pool. An unmatured brood can consume an enemy trapped by Weave to mature instantly.

Weave – Arachne casts a web of silk around her, binding enemies in radius. Enemies entering her web will be caught and bound as well. Arachne, Brood, and Allies touching the web drain health from enemies trapped by it.

-Visual: Her silk threads link between enemies and wraps them in cocoons of silk.

-Synergy with Spinneret. Using Spinneret while touching a strand of web will cocoon the targeted enemy at their location, link them with the web, and add their health to the web’s healing pool.

Edited by RaphaelSanzio

I like it, most of her abilities seem to offer some sort of feeling to them that you cant currently get in the game which makes it so much better since warframe already feels quite repetitive. 

I dont mind her 2nd ability remaining what it is but i ask do you think it would be possible for you to come up with something else? Perhaps the frame can throw out a web that engulfs a group of enemies in a cone infront of her, and brings them towards her. The enemies are unable to do anything while stuck in all the webs

Or maybe allow her to make a gigantic web that can be placed on the floor or on the walls. On the floor enemies are slowed while walking on the web, and if on a wall arachne can climb the wall causing enemies to have greatly reduced accuracy against her for survivability purposes

Or maybe an ability that allows her to take control of a small spider that cant move to far from arachne, is undetectable, untargetable, and able to hack consoles instantly

Some ideas

I like the idea, but I think her powers could be more thematic.

4 hours ago, RaphaelSanzio said:

1. Chelicera – 25 energy – Arachne rushes towards her target, and injects them with her digestive venom, draining its health for herself. Any enemies in her way are inflicted with toxic damage.

Instead of having her charge the target, maybe consider having her leap towards the target like a jumping spider. Could also have an augment leave a trail of webs behind her to ensnare enemies that walk across it.

2. Carapace – 50 energy – Arachne sheds her skin, creating a decoy of herself which draws enemy attacks. Carapace stats are based on Arachne’s health, armor, and shield stats, and benefits from her passive.

This ability is almost an exact copy of Saryn's Molt. I would suggest replacing it with a thrown web ability like the one Ghost--00-- mentioned, though personally I would make it single target, with a charge for a snare radius around the point of impact.

3. Egg Sac – 75 energy - Arachne spawns an egg sac which her young develop in. Once mature, the sac will burst, and her young will swarm nearby enemies, inflicting toxic damage on them. If the sac is contacted by an enemy, it is pulled into the sac and feasted upon by her young, causing them to instantly develop. If casted upon an enemy, they will be cocooned, and her young will instantly mature.

I'm not sure how she would cast this as a ranged ability. I could see this being an ability where she spins up an egg sac at her current location, which periodically spawns spiders similar to the infested pods that Nidus summons with Ravenous. The spiders could regain health when attacking ensnared enemies to work with her other abilities.

I'm no expert, just thought I'd share my thoughts. Do with them what you will and I wish you the best of luck getting her added to the game.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Shade_of_Loss said:

This ability is almost an exact copy of Saryn's Molt. I would suggest replacing it with a thrown web ability like the one Ghost--00-- mentioned, though personally I would make it single target, with a charge for a snare radius around the point of impact.

I was trying to stay away from nidus's ability lol