Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Star light, Star bright...

CitricComet

4 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Especially given this game is 100%, no asterisk, Free. Free to download, free to play. 100% of the content is available to you, outside specific cosmetics, for free.

There are both intelligent and reasonable ways for DE to monetize this game. 

There is no need to require payment.  There is no need to tie the F2P concept against the: everything-must-take-forever requirement.

23 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

The boosters given at login are to make you want to play the game more than just logging in. That is why they are there, not merely a gift for being such a loyal player.

Perfectly valid point.  I do not agree, but valid none the less.

Put a timer on it then, valid for 3 days or so.

If they were more frequent, I probably would not care so much.  But when I get one, I want to take advantage of the situation.  It sucks when I do get one and then 'real' life makes me throw it away.

It is a game - it is supposed to make us want to come back for more enjoyment. It is supposed to be an advantageous gift, not a rift between me an warframe.  

This is perfectly possible without ruining anything else.

On 2018-08-24 at 12:20 AM, peterc3 said:

Just no. That isn't what Prime frames are and won't ever be. What does the second part even mean?

Prime frames are better then regular frames.  They always have been.  

Rhino Armor = 190

Rhino Prime Armor = 250

Prime frames have always... ALWAYS been better variants then their non-prime frames.

They are that way today.  They have always been that way.  

The second part means that the advantage of prime frames is not as good as it necessarily should be.  There needs to be (IMO) a more distinct and recognizable difference between prime and non-prime.  

Having said that, I would go even further... While some differences should be built into the advantages of prime vs. non-prime items, I should be able to choose how to tweak the major differences to suit my play-style.  I should be able to tailor the advantageous to how I want to play with that item.   

48 minutes ago, CitricComet said:

Rivens 

Rivens are not power creep?

Really?

I would ask you to reconsider that statement.  In its entirety...

DE intended use for rivens were to bring older/ worse weapons into the light to try to encourage variety in weapon useage the player base ignored this memo

Now what happens when you give a community who hmm oddball guess 50-60% only cares about how efficiently you can do things what happens?

you get dumb people spending 100$+ on a mod that effects a single weapon that in one move by de can reduce it's disposition thus lowering its power then what happens?

they come here and complain there investment was spat on by DE and demand a refund or something else absurd since they bought it or some other dumb logic 

*Personal experience/opinion talking*

its like the people who complain about chroma and nuke trinity they were told its broken and they were going to fix it (Chroma) invested into the broken thing anyway knowing fully its gonna change or be fixed (both) its finally fixed people riot and scream dead frame or killing build diversity (any frame DE touches that isnt a buff) and make me wish i had enough duct tape and super glue to make them be quiet if only for like 10+days so it would save alot of people alot of head ache from dumb arguments and make way for acual constructive criticism granted it exists in the forums but it gets drowned rather quickly 

*End of personal experience/opinion talking*

1 minute ago, seprent said:

DE intended use for rivens were to bring older/ worse weapons into the light to try to encourage variety in weapon useage

DE failed utterly in this attempt.

They implemented a system that can be accurately described by an Ernest Hemingway novel title. 

Just now, CitricComet said:

DE failed utterly in this attempt.

They implemented a system that can be accurately described by an Ernest Hemingway novel title. 

and when DE realized it flat out failed people had already sunk 100's into it if they just turned them off the backlash would have not been worth it even if you gave everyone 1 legendary core per riven mod everyone would throw such a fit it make a tantrum look like pure zen 

DE is planing to do a disposition sweep soon and admits they been slacking on it so the riven market is more unstable then storing nitroglycerin in a sphere container and not making it stay still (nitroglycerin explodes when shaken or stuck by a sudden jolt)

On 2018-08-24 at 12:20 AM, peterc3 said:

Quick tip: don't insult the people you are attempting to convince you have good ideas.

good advice... normally.

Perhaps this was meant as an attention getter...

for good reason...  

Sometimes, people just need a wake-up call.

that I could actually farm void traces instead of feeling like I was cheating someone out of a possilble reward.

I skimmed, but I don't think anyone else addressed this. Go solo and don't take a relic. Done. You aren't 'wasting' a relic or anyone else's time. Harder missions don't seem to have a higher trace reward chance so just run some easy solo ones. Something endless if you just want to keep it going or exterminate/capture that you can blaze through. Yes you won't get the little bonus from someone in a group choosing your relic, but you're not affecting anyone else and can just collect traces.