Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hoplite Warframe, Hoplite lol

Mmoty

hey gamers and lamers heres a cool warframe me n my pals @RabidMoose @LAN-Flair and @Mockedbird conceptualized

I designed the binch and they did a lot of the statual factual stuffs

Full res here

b6i5va.jpg

His passive boosts his teams' damage and armor by 10% for every friend that is not down

(meaning a full squad could be very spread out over PoE and still benefit from 30% bonus dmg and armor, until one idiot dies and then its 20%)

Stats (all at rank 30)

• Health: 275
  • Shield: 250
  • Armo(u)r: 330
  • Energy: 275
  • Sprint: 1.00

1st Ability: Lance 

vwtu9e.jpg

Hoplite hurls a spear to where he's aiming

• Deals primarily puncture dmg with a bit of slash (scales with power strength)
  • 4th ability is also a stat stick for this
  • unlimited punch-through
  • 40% stronger when used in conjunction with Hoplite 4th ability
  • projectile speed scales with range

2nd Ability: Phalanx 

igs6uh.jpg

Hoplite creates a shield wall, casting the ability again will make him charge forward, holding the cast button will make him put the shield down

• Base duration of 30 seconds (scales with efficiency lol jk it scales with duration)
  • Base dmg reflection is 20% (scales with power strength)
  • (press 2) charge deals impact and blast dmg, dmg scales with strength, distance covered with range
  • (press 2) charge also costs half of what initial 'cast would cost' (say that 10 times fast)
  • (hold 2) number of deployed shields depends on your computer's specs
  • (hold 2) deploying a shield resets its duration (can't be picked back up tho)
  • (hold 2) also has that half energy cost deal going on like the press charge

3rd Ability: Volley

fd5s50.jpg

Hoplite calls forth a volley of arrows to rain down on his enemies

• it's basically Hydroid's 1 but with a higher density of projectiles
  • arrows can actually get headshots
  • using range mods doesn't spread out the existing arrows over a larger area, it just makes more of them
  • using duration does exactly what you think it does... thats right, using duration mods causes florida to sink into the ocean

4th Ability: Apsis & Doru

qn9np0.jpg

Hoplite channels energy into a spear and shield with a unique stance, charge attacks are shield bashes

• Exalted weapon
  • like his 1st this deals mostly puncture dmg with some slash too
  • auto-blocking similar to excal's 4th
  • blocking functions a lot like his 2nd ability
  • 1st ability is 40% stronger as previously stated
  • pressing 2 while 4 is active is an immediate charge forward, holding 2 drops a shield

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1001323-legios-warframe-roman-greek-warrior-concept-visuals/

hey man. I really like this idea. However...don't want to offend you here. But the 1st ability sounds very similar to mine... Your third ability sounds like the second ability of another warframe concept by Dr. Nooooooo_B. Don't get me wrong. I like the visuals and the entire concept. Really thought through concept. Just wanted to mention it. However keep working on it

I rarely visit these forums so if there are any likenesses between concepts it’s purely coincidental.

that being said there are a S#&$ load of concepts here so there will be some overlap with abilities n stuff like that

18 hours ago, (PS4)Awesomenisticus said:

I like the idea, would be interesting to see some synergy with additional Hoplites (as they were originally formed). A few of them were capable of creating a solid phalanx formation.

As @LOD07 said, this one is similar to the one he made, so if you want to see that synergy you should look at his. Here's the link https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1001323-legios-warframe-gladiator-concept-visuals-alt-helmet-weapon/

9 hours ago, SquinkyJunior said:

so if you want to see that synergy you should look at his.

I was referring to other players using the same frame. I can't think of any frame that has a solid synergy with another (of the same frame). Some frames work well together, but nothing like this potentially could. Though it would then probably need a solid DPS-tank-healer synergy; each one could have a focus...but I digress...

9 hours ago, SquinkyJunior said:

this one is similar to the one he made

interesting that the guys posted a day apart.