Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To D. E. - We Really Don't Need New Filler.

DreadScourge

I'm going to say beta means very little at this point and update 10 will bring very little to ease the complaints in this thread

I'm going to say that beta means quite a lot at this point, when you consider that warframe was still in alpha this time last year, and open beta only began in April of this year.

Since I don't know what update 10 contains I can't dispute your second point, and it does seem unlikely that the complaints in this particular thread will be addressed this soon.

Finally...

We need all the things that have been added so far, and we need things that have not been added yet.

For example more tilesets, weapons and warframes are definitely needed. Without it the game will feel very repetitive.

Tilesets and weapons are some of the lowest complexity items to add to the game, they use the existing code. Think of it as adding another book to a bookshelf. In addition a lot of the work can be done by the graphics designers rather than the people who code the engine.

When it comes to AI that is a much more complex issue to code, it also has the limitations that it needs to be able to run well on an average spec machine so that there are enough players able to host games.

A new way of handling nightmare mode would take a lot of work, about the same as that needed to develop the current mission types and to be honest I am happy with nightmare mode as it is.

These larger elements need significantly more work because the involve writing completely new code elements for the game and integrating them with the existing code. This work cannot be done quickly.

On top of all this DE are a relatively small company who do not have the money of a publisher behind them. Improvements will take time but they are happening.

881.jpg

(thank you for this image CrazyCanadian)

Neither is Warframe.

With that out of the way, I'd rather have a huge variety of weapons of a large range of styles and appearances then just a bunch of 'lel live out the weaboo fantasy!' gear forever.

Simply because it widens the possibilities for the sort of stuff they can add.

I make sure to have many different styles of play. I get one of each playstyle, but I am not gonna get duplicate weapons.

I mean you can't tell me that the Burston and Hind are any different besides the fact that one is a turd on a stick.

(although the only reason they made the hind was so that all grineer could carry grineer weapons)