The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I have high expectation with melee 3.0 and Excalibur's exalted blade

DKPXR

So, when Excalibur rework came out, everyone was excited, me included.

But after awhile I was thinking...well, it doesn't feel the ability is polish.

As a Excalibur main, I love excal of course, and I have a high expectation with the melee 3.0 update and excal 4th.

So I hope that this post, this feedback, DE could actually read it and get it as a references.

First thing first, the waves.

Can those waves have different width, length and flight speed, please?

Once I tried those combo, some motion/action/swing takes longer time to perform, and yeah with wikia info that can do more damage. But why the waves doesn't have higher width and volume if the action looks like it can do more damage?

All the waves volume/size are same, and it feels unpolished to me.

Also, the charge attack. Same problem tho, why the hell with charge attack the waves doesn't have bigger volume, more width, and even higher flight speed? C'mon, that's suck.

So here is the first suggestion: Make the sword waves volume, width, even flight speed/range are relevant to the animation/attack. Also Channeling attack brings bigger sword waves.

Second, also the waves. Can we please let the sword waves mod-able? I mean, for example, range mod on frame affect waves' flight speed, strength mod on frame affect waves' width, duration mod on frame affect waves flight range but not the speed, and exalted blade can equip "Whirlwind", the mod for thrown melee, so that we can have faster sword waves?

Third, also the waves. Hmm can we have combo count from sword waves?

I mean ya due to balance, but hey, how about a discounted combo count? Instead of "nothing counted"

And the 4th have a similar concept to the third idea, but not only for excalibur.

How about having a discounted energy gain while frame using channeled abilities?

how about 50% from Trinity and also items? Also instead of "nothing"

5th, this is a really high expectation related to melee 3.0.

Can we have the ability to hold in air and spam sword waves with Excalibur? OMG that would be so cool to do so. SO COOL.

Please letting this happened, DE. 

EDIT: So far the most expectation to me is that Excalibur will have the ability to spam melee attacks in air, even only close to mid range like the waves right now. And I hope that this could come with melee 3.0.

Edited by DkPoXeR
important message

How Exalted Blade functions has nothing to do with Melee 3.0. The sword itself has combos and hits things, so that will be affected, but the waves and whatnot are part of his ability, not the weapon. Also, Channeling is being removed, so no point in having it affect EB.

12 minutes ago, DkPoXeR said:

How about having a discounted energy gain while frame using channeled abilities?

No. Unless you want to see the damage and other utility get a heavy hit, there's no way external energy gain from anything but orbs happens.

I can't say I feel the same way as you and I play Excalibur a lot. If not my most favorite frame, right next to it. But this... He was too powerful so they had to add falloff damage to Exalted Blade, so adding more range would increase the distance before you start getting heavy falloff like you're suppose to. Melee frame, not long range energy sniping blade frame.

Adding size difference in the energy blades might sound cool on paper, but I feel it'd turn out worse looking than it is now. Would look rather wonky.

Channeling is going out, heavy attacks will replace that.

There shouldn't be an exception to Excalibur getting energy gains from Trinity with an active toggle skill. For consistency alone, it should, and will stay the same. If you're actually serious about playing Excalibur, go get Arcane Energize. Trust me. I bet I know the ins and outs of Excalibur better than you do. Get Arcane Energize.

Edited by Alcatraz

Just now, ShiraHagane said:

Yeah, go get the most expensive arcane in the game, costing upwards of 200 per piece.

It's obtainable just by running Eidolons. Dedicate enough time and effort, and you'll be able to either sell enough other arcanes and buy enough pieces for a set. Or, have farmed an entire set.

6 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

I can't say I feel the same way as you and I play Excalibur a lot. If not my most favorite frame, right next to it. But this... He was too powerful so they had to add falloff damage to Exalted Blade, so adding more range would increase the distance before you start getting heavy falloff like you're suppose to. Melee frame, not long range energy sniping blade frame.

Adding size difference in the energy blades might sound cool on paper, but I feel it'd turn out worse looking than it is now. Would look rather wonky.

Channeling is going out, heavy attacks will replace that.

There shouldn't be an exception to Excalibur getting energy gains from Trinity with an active toggle skill. For consistency alone, it should, and will stay the same. If you're actually serious about playing Excalibur, go get Arcane Energize. Trust me. I bet I know the ins and outs of Excalibur better than you do. Get Arcane Energize.

First of all, I didn't say energy gain from trinity wi an active toggle skill is an exceotion to excalibur, I said for all channel abilities.

Secondly, I play since U7 and I main excal, so plz don't say know excal better than me.

6 minutes ago, ShiraHagane said:

Yeah, go get the most expensive arcane in the game, costing upwards of 200 per piece.

I mean,. the content is there to have it drop, if you don't want to pay others for their time.

It fits the bill for wanting more Energy while having EB up without discounting the reason for not allowing things like EB, Hysteria, Razorwing, etc. letting Trinity enable 24/7 uptime on them.

Edited by peterc3

4 minutes ago, ShiraHagane said:

He can't help it, he's a founder.  Acting superior is kinda their shtick.

I played since U7, and I'm not a founder. But I main excal and love excal. I have 30.3% of my time using "excalibur", the normal version. 

116,550,000 XP, 300k kills, 16000 kill assists. Yeah for numbers there is always someone better than me, im not the best one of course.

But at least I never say "I'm better than you" even if im in the conversation about excal.

Not to mention I have 19 formas in excal

Edited by DkPoXeR

Just now, DkPoXeR said:

I played since U7, and I'm not a founder. But I main excal and love excal. I have 30.3% of my time using "excalibur", the normal version. 

116,550,000 XP, 300k kills, 16000 kill assists. Yeah for numbers there is always someone better than me, im not the best one of course.

But at least I never say "I'm better than you" even if im in the conversation about excal

Now you gotta get that much play time on Umbra

13 minutes ago, DkPoXeR said:

First of all, I didn't say energy gain from trinity wi an active toggle skill is an exceotion to excalibur, I said for all channel abilities.

Secondly, I play since U7 and I main excal, so plz don't say know excal better than me.

You're right, you did say "but not only for Excalibur," just that's going to up how things are into new scenes. It'll remove cons for having things constantly going because 50% of the energy on a very well done EV Build, will still be a lot of energy. Enough to sustain almost everything and would be against balancing. It's a subject best left alone to be fair.

Also when you started is probably another subject best left alone. Isn't a measuring contest.

Why I said what I did originally is because of your entire first post makes you out to be pretty amateur.  Best way I can put it, I apologize, not trying to offend you. I just have to disagree with your post overall. This isn't how polishing this frame should be done.