-AndroVero-EGT-

Question

then I show you my dread:
-Thunderbolt 30%
-Vital Sense 20%
-Serration 120%
-Infested-Bane of 5%
-Strombringer 45%

I put this mod because I just do xini with my defense of Vauban.

Vd2LiJPl.jpg

Dread is a precision weapon. Thunderbolt is horrible, sadly. 30% chance to replace your arrow with a 250 damage explosion not scaled by damage, or elementals, or critical hit/damage mods. Meanwhile your arrow could have hit for 6k damage.

You want to modify it for critical chance and damage, as well as multishot, damage, an AP mod so missing isn't horrifying, Hammer Shot as well, and maybe ice isn't necessary, but the effect is helpful. Bane of -Faction- and an element for that faction are the last mods. Feel free to replace ice mod with whatever makes it easier to snipe for you. Just don't put in Thunderbolt.

Bro. Screw the crit chance and crit damage mods. 

And why in the name of f#ck dont you have barrel diffusion equipped? 

And is there a new faction I dont know about?! Why do you use Convulsion and Heated Charge at the same time?!

Stopping power? Really? My God I want to cry. 

Im unsure if this is a troll thread or someone who needs help. Gonna assume the latter just to be helpful.

In General:

Bane mods are great, rank them up more.

Kunai:

DON'T use crit mods on Kunai, they are terrible on weapons that dont have a decent base crit chance.

DO use +Armor Piercing % mods on the Kunai - it adds additional armor piercing damage, not usless because the weapon has innate armor ignore. Pick one of +fire or +elec; fire for infested, elec for corpus, and either (for stun chance) or none against Grineer.

DO use multishot mods; Barrel Diffusion from high level Infested Defenses, Lethal Torrent from nightmare missions.

DON'T use Stopping Power, ever.

Dread:

If you want to keep Thunderbolt, you need to change your mods around a bit. You want to maximize arrow shot speed, and increase the damage from the explosion in a special way:

Use ONLY a +fire mod. Because the explosion takes on a random characteristic from your assigned elementals, using only fire will make the explosions change from 250 explosive damage to 250 fire damage; dealing double damage to infested.

Increase the fire rate; use a Fast Hands mod so you draw the arrows from your quiver faster. Dont use speed trigger, as you wont be using charged arrows often.

->Importantly, get a multishot mod. Shooting an extra arrow 90% of the time increases the chance of a thunderbolt explosion from 30% to 57% chance per 'trigger pull'.

Edited by Darzk

Im unsure if this is a troll thread or someone who needs help. Gonna assume the latter just to be helpful.

Dread:

If you want to keep Thunderbolt, you need to change your mods around a bit. You want to maximize arrow shot speed, and increase the damage from the explosion in a special way:

Use ONLY a +fire and +ap mod. Because the explosion takes on a random characteristic from your assigned elementals, using only fire and ap will make the explosions change from 250 explosive damage to 250 fire or ap damage; either dealing double damage to infested (fire) or ignoring the armor of chargers and ancients (ap).

Increase the fire rate; use a Fast Hands mod so you draw the arrows from your quiver faster. Dont use speed trigger, as you wont be using charged arrows often.

->Importantly, get a multishot mod. Shooting an extra arrow 90% of the time increases the chance of a thunderbolt explosion from 30% to 57% chance per 'trigger pull'.

Unfortunately, light Infested (chargers) take 0.5x damage from AP. Ancients are weak to both elements depending on where you shoot them, though.

Otherwise, I agree with all this. Except that bows are made for quick one-shotting far better than crowd control. Get an Ogris for crowd control and keep the bow for high DPS.

EDIT: FAST HANDS OVER SPEED TRIGGER?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!? Erm, I mean, yeah, the speed of which you knock the arrow is much, much faster than the speed of pulling the arrow. What kind of retard doesn't use charged shots on a bow? That's the entire point. They're for rapid, accurate shots, and you can't do that when an uncharged arrow has a severe drop and travels slower/less further.

Don't forget how a charged arrow has higher crit. chance and more base damage. Use bows and arrows for quickly making high DPH. It's not as fast as say a Braton, but it deals enough damage to compensate. Similarly, for extreme DPH, use a Lanka. It's essentially got the same charge mechanic, but it's slow as sheez. Still, 250 Serrated Blade damage is worth it.

Fast, above average DPH: Dread/PP

Slow, extreme DPH: Lanka

Crowd control: "Dread", haha, no! Ogris. Miter. Any #4 ability. Flux Rifle + Shred. But not, and I mean not, Dread.

Edited by AlchemistMute

Unfortunately, light Infested (chargers) take 0.5x damage from AP. Ancients are weak to both elements depending on where you shoot them, though.

EDIT: FAST HANDS OVER SPEED TRIGGER?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!? Erm, I mean, yeah, the speed of which you knock the arrow is much, much faster than the speed of pulling the arrow. What kind of retard doesn't use charged shots on a bow? That's the entire point. They're for rapid, accurate shots, and you can't do that when an uncharged arrow has a severe drop and travels slower/less further.

Ah, I knew there was a reason I was only using fire mods on my Thunderbolt build. I'd forgotten ap was baaad. So yeah, no ap, just fire. Will Edit.

And the build was specifically for someone wanting to maximize the effectiveness of the Thunderbolt mod. Of course I'd use speed trigger with a normal build, but for a thunderbolt build you're just trying to get as many arrows off as possible, and since arrow damage doesnt matter (the explosion replaces it) theres no point in charging the shots.

Ah, I knew there was a reason I was only using fire mods on my Thunderbolt build. I'd forgotten ap was baaad. So yeah, no ap, just fire. Will Edit.

And the build was specifically for someone wanting to maximize the effectiveness of the Thunderbolt mod. Of course I'd use speed trigger with a normal build, but for a thunderbolt build you're just trying to get as many arrows off as possible, and since arrow damage doesnt matter (the explosion replaces it) theres no point in charging the shots.

No, no, no, I'm not saying it's bad. It is godly vs. Ancients and anything but light Infested. Light Infested are weak chumps anyway. If equipping it costs so many points, then sure, put something better in for Infested missions.

I understand, but you should be using the most potent build on a weapon, really. Why use it for the 250 damage explosion when you could be killing an enemy at level 80 with a 6k damage arrow? Two of them? Ogris has a 500 damage explosion that scales with mods. In fact, if Thunderbolt's explosion scaled with mods and took all elemental damage as well, I would say put it on all your bows. But it doesn't.

Besides what was already said, you really should also include the respective faction damage mods for the faction you're facing.

And is there a new faction I dont know about?! Why do you use Convulsion and Heated Charge at the same time?!

I somewhat agree with the rest of what you wrote, but there's nothing wrong with using these two at the same time (if you have the mod capacity to spare). No enemies have resistances to elemental damage (Fire, Freeze, Electricity) anymore. The only time it's reduced is if you're hitting protected body parts, and then it doesn't matter what type it is, because any enemy with decent armor is going to reduce that damage to 1 or near it.