Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we leave a squad mid endless mission now please?

Alisru

Specifically for endless missions, it'd be absolutely fantastic if you could extract whenever you want to without forcing the whole team to have to extract, especially for excavation missions that don't even offer an extract vote between rounds

It's pretty horrific to have to abort & lose everything just because the other people, or even one other person, refuses to extract & continues on

You know, taht you can talk to people before the mission starts in order to get a team together, right?

Recruitment chat? Guilds? Friends?

It's exacly like what you are doing right now, with the only difference being that that whould be productive.

"Wenn der Bauer nicht schwimmen kann, dann ist die Badehose kaputt!"

Just now, Walkampf said:

You know, taht you can talk to people before the mission starts in order to get a team together, right?

You can also get dropped in while the missions started

4 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

If you can demonstrate without a reasonable doubt how this can't be abused, I can see it being added.  

Like @Asdryu points out...  if you want better control of the mission, make friends and don't go public.  

I usually do go solo, though with fissure rewards you can pick from the other peoples too

If it was a case of any player being able to extract on completion of a reward then I don't see how it could be abused, worst case is any continuing player(s) has less support, shifting the negative to the player that wants to go long as opposed to the player that wants to leave earlier

Also, currently how it is is abusable, I mean there's little to stop someone from sitting on the extraction point in survival because the pickups are squadwise, you could do the same thing in defence & interception but at least you get an option to leave & in excavation there's nothing stopping you from just sitting on the extraction point doing nothing

Best case would be an additional selector to broadcast how long you want to go in the mission, like say when you select a defence mission in public you can also say you want to go 30 waves & matchmaking puts you with players who've also picked 30, maybe -+5 waves

21 minutes ago, Asdryu said:

This is one of the main reasons I stopped going public completely.

It seems reasonable to me because: you can in interception and you can in defense. You can't in survival and excavation

Exactly, I was so confused when I joined an excavation mid-way & there wasn't even an option to extract, just to waste more relics. I'm not even sure how you leave normally? everyone doesn't pick a relic? so then if even one person picks one you either void their relic or be forced to continue for them

vor 28 Minuten schrieb Alisru:

You can also get dropped in while the missions started

The mission does not start until YOU start the mission.

The game does not throw you into a random mission, when you stop moving for 30 seconds while you are in your orbiter.

16 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

The mission does not start until YOU start the mission.

The game does not throw you into a random mission, when you stop moving for 30 seconds while you are in your orbiter.

I'm saying you get dropped into a mission that's already started, I'm not stupid enough to complain that the mission started itself 😕

vor 23 Minuten schrieb Alisru:

I'm saying you get dropped into a mission that's already started, I'm not stupid enough to complain that the mission started itself 😕

Why are you joining a random mission, when you are not yet with your team?

They can't join you, if you run off into some random pub group.

1 minute ago, Walkampf said:

Why are you joining a random mission, when you are not yet with your team?

They can't join you, if you run off into some random pub group.

Also not starting with a team, as if that was a requirement to join public games

Really? Is a basic QoL that's given in Defense and Interception suddenly not allowed in other endless missons? Why is it okay for a few missions but not for others of the same kind? I absolutely believe that people should be given a window in which they can leave every 5 minutes/every however amount of Cryotic needed for the next reward. This way it's consistent with the likes of Defense and Interception. Unless everyone would rather remove the ability to individually extract during Defense and Interception instead...