Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rework of mission "Stay or Leave" mechanic

Sakata-WF

After years of just getting on with it despite the annoyances, I'm finally fed the heck up with this, and think there should be a change to prevent people from being absolute... [insert expletive here].

When a defence or other continuous type mission with the continue or leave dialogue is used, there needs to be some mechanic to make it so trolls can't all leave at one time leaving one person.  This is always done at <1 second and it is done with malicious intent.

One way I can think of to deal with this is that any time someone changes from "stay" to "leave", the counter is immediately pushed back to minimum 5 seconds.  However, I know that trolls will also be trolls and do things like try and keep the timer running, so perhaps only a limited number of changes can be made to stay.  Also lock it so that you can only vote to leave 2 times, to allow for people to be indecisive, but limit trolling.

Except this has nothing to do with survival missions where you go to an extract.  This is specifically for missions that use the "Stay or Leave" mechanic with a timer.

What some of these idiots do is select "Stay" then wait till <1 second and switch to "Leave".  Normally done by people on out of game comms thinking they're "funny".

13 minutes ago, Liath-Sakata said:

Except this has nothing to do with survival missions where you go to an extract.  This is specifically for missions that use the "Stay or Leave" mechanic with a timer.

What some of these idiots do is select "Stay" then wait till <1 second and switch to "Leave".  Normally done by people on out of game comms thinking they're "funny".

I'm guessing they just read the title and posted a response without reading.

As far as something that could be implemented, maybe having a prompt appear when everyone but you leaves asking "are you sure you want to continue alone" would be best.  This way if people want to ditch someone in a defence mission alone to troll, they'll have to lose a fair amount of xp/items to do so by leaving via the 'abort mission' option.

5 minutes ago, Starfreak911 said:

I'm guessing they just read the title and posted a response without reading.

As far as something that could be implemented, maybe having a prompt appear when everyone but you leaves asking "are you sure you want to continue alone" would be best.  This way if people want to ditch someone in a defence mission alone to troll, they'll have to lose a fair amount of xp/items to do so by leaving via the 'abort mission' option.

I like it as an alternative.  Not sure which would be easier programmatically for DE to implement, should they take notice of the thread.

It should be equally as easy.  One is a continuous check of the vote and whether it has changed recently and the other is a comparison on how many data streams there were before vote and after vote (streams being determined by how many people are sending/receiving host/client data).  In an ideal world they're both just a few lines of code

7 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

DE has spoken about making changes to allow for survival missions to have option to leave without the rest of the team but havent heard anymore about it since the stream they once brought the subject up

This is my biggest gripe, and I'm happy to read they're fixing it!