Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auto-balancing NEEDS a second look

Kubmac

As in written in the title, I believe that auto-balancing should either be changed or completely removed from conclave. I'm aware that it's supposed to make the match more fair, but in practice, it usually screws over players, who put their effort into winning. Ususally this mechanic is just a minor mechanic, but every so often it's simply infuriating to see your hard work squandered. For example, in one of my recent "Cephalon Capture" matches I scored 3 points for team Sun (for those unaware, 5 points win the match), after which I got thrown over to team Moon, for which I scored (again) 3 points, before the enemies regrouped. It was a tie for a few minutes, but then enemies scored 1 point, and managed to hold me off for the rest of the match, therefore winning 4:3, which meant that I lost, while being the MVP for both teams. Pretty harsh, isn't it?

So now, onto my idea regarding potential change to this system. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the last player to join is the one who gets his team changed, which doesn't seem all that fair, as:

1. You have no way to know, whether you'll join last or not

2. Joining the last, does not necessarily mean, that you've contributed the least to your team.

So I propose a system, where, once one of the team has more than 1 players more then the other, the match will be temporarily suspended for 10s/20s. During first 10s, players from the team, which currently has more players will be able to volunteer to go over to enemy team. If none of them decides to do it, during the following 10s a vote will be held, in which you designate a player to be transferred to the enemy team. Finally, if the vote results in a tie, the player with lowest overall score [either "(Kills * 1  + Oro * 0.5)/ Deaths" for Team Anihilation, "Technique * 1 + Kills * 0.5" for Cephalon Capture (not dividing by death count, since dying doesn't contribute to enemy score and only halts you, in which case not being able to score and kill while you're respawning already decreases your overall score) or "Points * 1 + Saves * 1 + Assists * 0.5" for Lunaro] will be transferred to the other team. I believe this way, good players will not be punished for simply being unlucky enough to join the game last. I'd like to hear what you guys think about it, as well as to get a response from someone at DE, regarding anything I may have overlooked in this post.

Peace out

Nice. I like. I would consider myself just a very small casual in conclave.  I recently started trying out conclave and it was quite fun even when i lost.

I came across this auto-balancing feature myself and I did not like it either, even if it was in my favor when it added extra players to my team and outnumbered the other. It is just not fair for either side. Dam, I can imagine the anger of players that play this competitively. This needs a change DE even if your numbers don't show many players in pvp vs the entire player base.  The players that play this need love too 🙂