Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Second Dream , Forced Sharkwing?

BaAdoMishram

I was all excited to start this quest line then like 1 mission in there is forced sharkwing? As a new player forced arch wing or shark wing seriously makes me want to quit the game. It's an awful experience.  I don't mind the grind for any other part of the game. Put in an alternate route that has nothing to do with Arch/shark wing. The Warframe experience has been great apart from this which I don't know if I can get past that is how annoying I find the entire wing system, complete waste and drain on resources when I'm already YEARS behind the general population of warframe.  I died underwater because I honestly have no drive whatsoever to want to learn a skill set of moving around a tiny ass sluggish 3d space. This is so far for the main experience of warframe and made into a #*!%ing chore. Yes , I'm angry , typing this out isn't going to do S#&$ even though it seems like the general sense that the wing system is disliked in the way its implemented and is really only a frustration unless you want to do it in your free time. I want to grind at the real part of warframe without dumb minigame distractions.

Hopefully I can cool down and go back and just try and get through it, but rarely has a game forced as awful an experience as this one does with the Wing system. Just needed to type it out I guess. 

dude, chill that section literally requires no combat. if you are having a hard time playing Alads warmer colder game. just look up where to find it. (Hint: its not in that big room with the sunken ship. its in an offshoot around that tile. Just look for the red depth charge.) 

What's up with all the newbies saying they would quit over silly stuff recently?

You don't even have to fight in Sharkwing, just ignore the enemies and head towards the objective.

il y a 14 minutes, BaAdoMishram a dit :

I was all excited to start this quest line then like 1 mission in there is forced sharkwing? As a new player forced arch wing or shark wing seriously makes me want to quit the game. It's an awful experience. 

Warframe is all about doing various stuff. 

Archwing is part of many quests/events, including the Jordas Precept/Bossfight, The War Within and Fomorian/Razorback Tact. Alerts.

In some quests/events, you have to do things you might like or not, such as farming the Juggernaut (Jordas), doing Spy Missions (Second Dream, Stolen Dreams), hunt things for Simaris (The New Strange), Excavations (Limbo's Theorem), etc. Even in regular play you'll have to do specific missions to get something (ex: farming Warframes like Nidus, Ivara, Harrow, etc., Mods and other stuff.)

If having to do one thing you don't like makes you want to stop playing, then stop playing. Your mind might not be strong enough for a grinding game.

1 hour ago, BaAdoMishram said:

I was all excited to start this quest line then like 1 mission in there is forced sharkwing? As a new player forced arch wing or shark wing seriously makes me want to quit the game.

Look, I don't like shark/Archwing either(for similar and different reasons), but saying you want to quit the game because it feels forced is ridiculous.

It fits into the lore of the quest(since you've clearly never finished TSD I won't spoil it) and trust me when I say that it would be significantly more boring if you just bullet jumped your way to the destination. 

Hundreds of thousands of players have gotten through it and you can well.

Yes Alad being all hot or colder can be annoying. It's unique however. Trust me when I say that at my experience level in Warframe I could do with some more uniqueness.

If you want to quit the game then it's up to you, at the end of the day it's what makes you happy.

And Sharkwing in TSD is the least worrisome example of forced content.

In conclusion, deal with it, simple as that. If something like this gets you frustrated, then you're in for so much worse.

Edited by RunicZeus