The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Letter to DE on Nidus Phryke.

TheSimplist

Dear Digital Extremes,

I would like to start out by saying that i absolutely adore the work you put into the skins in the game, the effort that it takes to make alternate appearances for all the characters is great and i cant think of any way i could live without it. I would also like to say that i am generally alright with every deluxe skin that is released (except maybe Loki's, but then again as a Loki main i hate on everything Loki related). To get to the underlying point here, please, for the sake of fashion and all that is endgame, change Nidus' Phryke skin's mutated helmet. The skull head is absolutely gorgeous, its amazing and i love it. However in actual missions i will refuse to get 10 mutation stacks for the sole purpose of how saddening and disheartening the helmet becomes, you take a stunningly beautiful helmet, and you cover it up with a flat metal plate. It's almost blasphemous. The rest of the skin, perfect, would not change a thing. But even if you don't wish to take maybe 30 min to remodel the mutation part of the helmet, then at least take away from this to never again cover up an amazing design with a flat and unappealing metal sheet.

Sincerely,
TheSimplist

Edited by TheSimplist

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2018-09-20 at 2:48 PM, Ayures said:

I like it. I love everything about the skin except I wish the ghost arms could be disabled. Sometimes they're kinda neat, sometimes I'd rather see phryke without them.

They just need to glow like the rest, why are they not glowing yet? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I personally freaking love the mutated helmet. It looks like a middle age knight armor which pairs well with my dark gold color. What I would love is that they allow the mutated skin to be manually activated when not in missions so I can walk around wherever I go and appreciate it. 

I would suggest using hydroid noble animation. It's pretty badass and it counters some of the cliping that may happen with his original animations. 

Another solution is Prion helmet. Fits pretty well, looks like a crown when fully stacked, and that's what i'm using atm.

I'm saying these because it is VERY unlikely they will do any changes to it.