Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemies in syndicate missions are cowards

Himenoinu

That is highly unpleasant. Regardless of the mission, the enemies just won't show their faces, not even when the alarms are up.

I tested this over the last few days. Sometimes I was turning off the alarms, finding a stray enemy in the middle of the map that was turning it back on and... nothing. More than 50% of the time nothing happens when the alarms are raised. Also, if the player wonders off, be it into vents/shafts, hidden rooms or challenge rooms in the void, he/she will return to a completely deserted map, with not even a tumble weed rolling through the halls.

Players rushing the missions, with no interest in picking up marks or adding more standing via the sigils might enjoy this, but it makes so very little sense... Hell! this way, we shouldn't even be required to hit extraction point, as there's nothing than emptiness all the way there. Extraction could happen just as we finish our task - be that taking down 60 enemies, capturing one, rescuing an asset or whatever.

I'd think that legging it for the extraction should be even more challenging than getting to our objective, with a lot more mobs spawning on our heads if we've ever been seen/detected or noisy. Ah! Not to mention that taking the stealth approach results in basically empty halls much faster. Not that 500 standings worth of kills makes much of a difference when you run the mission guns blazing...

All types have the same behavior. Exterminate is the best known case of enemies shortage. But everything - sabotage, capture, spy, rescue. All have the same problem.
Now for comparison, I was being zerged by mobs all the way to the extraction in both mobile defense, capture and sabotage missions in normal void missions (that I've played in the same time frame).

Now this is something that was sometimes occurring in the past too, but lately I rarely get more than 1k standings worth of kills no matter where I go (with the last streak of 3 missions generating 4-600 standings worth of mobs). Again, it seems to me that it is happening more consistently in syndicate missions.

Also, I thought mobile defense and capture missions will change the behavior of the mobs to "alerted" after the objective is complete. It sure feels like it when running them outside the syndicates' tasks.

1 minute ago, Himenoinu said:

All types have the same behavior. Exterminate is the best known case of enemies shortage. But everything - sabotage, capture, spy, rescue. All have the same problem.
Now for comparison, I was being zerged by mobs all the way to the extraction in both mobile defense, capture and sabotage missions in normal void missions (that I've played in the same time frame).

Now this is something that was sometimes occurring in the past too, but lately I rarely get more than 1k standings worth of kills no matter where I go (with the last streak of 3 missions generating 4-600 standings worth of mobs). Again, it seems to me that it is happening more consistently in syndicate missions.

Also, I thought mobile defense and capture missions will change the behavior of the mobs to "alerted" after the objective is complete. It sure feels like it when running them outside the syndicates' tasks.

After capture target is taken, spawns slowly wind down to 0 to force the player to extraction (but all enemies do spawn alerted after capture). Exterminate doesn't have enemies spawn behind you in rooms you've already passed through. All missions have limiters like this to prevent unintended infinite farming after the objective. I don't know about being "zerged" in void missions, but they do have high spawn rates in general.

If I compare my last syndicate mission - a capture on Eris' infested ships with my last Hepit run, there's a huge difference. 2 rooms past the capture point (which was maybe 200m from spawn point) the number of infested dropped to zero. Up to that point I didn't even start finding marks for my syndicates (before capturing my target, that is). 2 rooms later, I was the only "living" thing on the ship. 480 standings with a 15% sigil. Now, on Hepit, I didn't attack anything till I saw the target. I used discharge 2 or 3 times after that, bullet-jumped through every other mob, including the zerg that usually waits at extraction. Every room, enemies were pouring in from the adjacent ones.

My collateral victims count on a Hepit capture rush is usually around 60. 10 less a full wipe of a syndicate mission of the same type. I understand more mobs in the void and wind down too. I don't understand why 2 things happen though: Alarms are either triggering mobs that don't come out of their rooms, nor are they scrambling about when they see me or they're triggering no mobs (again, it seems to happen quite often in syndicate missions for me). And also, "slowly winding down to zero" meaning almost literally the 2nd room you enter if the first one leads into a secret passage or a puzzle.

It's probably more unpleasant and illogical then, that I have to avoid doing my job there until I get, for example, 1500 standings for Perrin Sequence in a Hexis mission. But even this approach isn't working because it seems that if you linger too long before doing your objectives mobs will again stop spawning.

Question though, why are you using syndicate missions to harvest standing? Their appeal is supposed to be the big amount for finishing the mission and the bonus medallions you can find, not the killing within. If you want huge amounts based on killing, syndicate missions just aren't the place, they give no bonus to killing standing.

Just want to point out that if you completely ignore enemies and rush past them then the have will keep warping those enemies ahead to meet you, so if you're at the spawn cap already and keep running along after a capture it'll look like you're being swarmed all the time, but it's in fact the same enemies you never killed.

4 hours ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Question though, why are you using syndicate missions to harvest standing? Their appeal is supposed to be the big amount for finishing the mission and the bonus medallions you can find, not the killing within. If you want huge amounts based on killing, syndicate missions just aren't the place, they give no bonus to killing standing.

Hexis and Perrin are only mild enemies, meaning I can actually level up 4 syndicates each time I run a mission, and there isn't much more time wasted since I also scour the place for the marks.

1 hour ago, Julian_Skies said:

Just want to point out that if you completely ignore enemies and rush past them then the have will keep warping those enemies ahead to meet you, so if you're at the spawn cap already and keep running along after a capture it'll look like you're being swarmed all the time, but it's in fact the same enemies you never killed.

That could explain the sensation of emptiness in the syndicate missions, but again, it's quite often that all enemies are gone if you're taking a detour to some hidden rooms on your route towards extraction. I did run another 2 missions after posting and the outcomes were quite different, one again with some 700 standings from killing and the other one yielded 2k standings, in a mobile defense mission.