Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Me Pick a Melee Weapon

BioFrequency

Question

I want to built a Khora warframe. However, I just learned that Khoras whip ability utilizes your equipped melee weapons mods (sorta like how Valkyr's talons used to work before they became independent weapons.) So obviously I need a weapon that has mods that greatly benefit the warframe and its ability. 

So I conducted a search of all Competent Riven Disposition Weapons that looked they could fit the bill. With the intent to eventually get a great Riven mod for it, and by extension for the Warframe. Keep in mind, I want the weapon to be built for damage and crit. Which weapon do you think would be the best compliment to Khora?

Tekko
Jaw Sword
Kogake Prime
Dual Raza
Dual Zoren
Gram
Hate

Edited by BioFrequency

5 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Do rivens work on stuff like that? I could have sworn their effect was excluded. I might be wrong. 

For now just focus on builds that don't require a riven. 

Rivens do work. And they are the entire reason I am even considering using these weapons. I would not otherwise. 

4 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Do rivens work on stuff like that? I could have sworn their effect was excluded. I might be wrong

I can confirm that Riven works at least for Gara. Given that, I'd say it's a safe bet they work for other abilities similarly, though not guaranteed.

As for the OP, why not just wait. Instead of choosing your weapon and looking for a Riven, why not just see what Riven you get and then make that weapon. Less heartache that way IMO.

Jaw sword gets that syndicate mod.

Gram I heard is essentially a 2x4.

Kogake prime is a fun weapon... Not sure how it synergizes with khora's whip.

Unless you already have hate, I'd be leery on its acquisition.

Have you considered an actual whip or sword-whip melee? I mean, atterax comes to mind. I don't think you need rivens to be good. They're not the end all be all.

But that's my recommendation.

It's your choice after all.

2 hours ago, (PS4)hereticSky said:

Jaw sword gets that syndicate mod.

Gram I heard is essentially a 2x4.

Kogake prime is a fun weapon... Not sure how it synergizes with khora's whip.

Unless you already have hate, I'd be leery on its acquisition.

Have you considered an actual whip or sword-whip melee? I mean, atterax comes to mind. I don't think you need rivens to be good. They're not the end all be all.

But that's my recommendation.

It's your choice after all.

The Riven isn't to make the weapon good. The Riven is to make Khora's whip better. My goal is a weapon I can spec with the intention or primarily benefiting Khora and her ability. But can also perform adequately on its own. 

Ultimately I have decided on using the Dual Zoren as it compliments Crit mods well and has the fastest attack speed (this is important on the basis that Khora's whip doesn't benefit from attack speed increases therefore placing something like Fury  to compensate for slower weapons would be a waste of a mod slot.) 

Edited by BioFrequency