The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary And Secondary Weapon From The Store

DrunkenPie

Question

13 answers to this question

It depends of what you mean "best"...

High damage? Fast fire rate? Good accuracy?

For example, best sniper is Vulkar (only one in the store), best shotgun is Boar, best bow is Paris, best thrown weapon is Kunai, etc., etc.

Honestly, one of the best primaries in the store is the humble Braton. It's a solid and reliable gun that'll serve you well for a long time. It only starts falling off in the very late game due to armor scaling, and DE is fixing that in U10.

There's also the Boltor, which is one of the only store-available primaries that can actually serve into endgame due to its damage type. However, that only kicks in when enemies start pushing level 70.

Secondaries? Bolto, Kunai, Lex are all solid choices. Of those, the best is probably the Kunai.

Edit: Fast and strong? Hm. The Sobek fits the bill. It's basically a slightly weaker full-auto Hek. Speaking of which, the Hek was the gold standard for shotguns for a long time. There's also the gorgon which is fast and strong, but not very accurate or ammo efficient.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

braton seems so like the starting gun gorgon has no long range

You're not going to get a gun that fires fast, is powerful, accurate, and effective at long range. No such gun exists in the store. The Braton Prime is close to that ideal when you slot in a shred mod, but BP is a huge pain in the &#! to get and Shred needs you to farm nightmare mode.

Come to think of it, the Dera kind of fits the bill now that they bufffed the shot speed. It's perfectly accurate with no recoil or spread, it's more damaging than the Braton, only problem is that its shots have a travel time instead of hitting instantly. Well, that and how it's a clantech weapon, so you need to join a clan to get it.

Though the Hind can kind of get close if you don't mind the fact that it only fires in bursts. Burston too, though it's generally inferior to the Hind in everything but looks. Again, though, burst weapons.

Boltor fires fast and is reasonably powerful due to how it ignores armor, but it's not particularly accurate and it's definitely not effective at long range.

My advice, if you want a good primary, do check out the Latron, if you don't mind clicking alot. It's a great semi-automatic rifle, and if you can get Prime, all the better. I stuck with my Latron Prime for about a month. However, if you are looking for a full-auto rifle, go for either Braton (Yes, seems too much like a beginner weapon, but there are many, many people who use it late/endgame.) OR go for the Sobek, though it's not a Rifle, it is a full-auto shotgun that can clear rooms pretty fast.

Now, as for secondaries, I would go with something like the Kunai or Hikou. However, if you're looking for a fully automatic pistol, go for the Furis/Viper or the dual versions of either.

If you need a good melee too, I'd go with Fragor, Scindo, Gram, or, if you can manage it, one of the Primes. if you're looking for something lighter, go for Fang, Dual Ethers, Dual Skana, Ether Daggers, Zoren, or, my personal favorite, Glaive (Or Kestrel, if you miss a glaive alert, unless you are aiming to buy through Plat.)

Good luck, fellow Tenno! Have fun during The Survival.

-NoggDog117