Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Survival Mode And It's Flaws.

Commander_Pancakes

So, yesterday the new Survival event started, and as I expected, everyone rushed to try the new mode right away. I was one of them, along with other members of Lightning Claw, the clan I'm into. So I equiped my Ogris, made the best build I could think of for my Vauban and invited the my clanmates to the game. I expect that every one has at least tried to reach 20 minutes to get that sexy looking new Strun, so I think that I don't need to explain to you my dear reader what happened. So, after 12 minutes plus we run out of oxygen. I played with other, random players but still, out of oxygen. Today I reached 18:07 solo, out of oxygen, again.

So after some rounds I played solo, I have to ask everyone something: by survival, DE means to survive those endless waves of poor Infested that have to deal with angry, slowly suffocating Tennos' or to survive imminent suffocation? Well, after all those runs, the mode it self proves the second thought. So, here are the flaws with the Survival mode:

1st : Why such a good idea has to rely on RNG? A Random Number Generator? It's plainly sadistic to have the oxygen capsule drop rate rely on RNG! And not only, that, but why the drop rate gets lower and lower, and the same thing goes with the oxygen containers.

2nd : Why we have to "survive" waves of infected? They're a piece of damn cake! And why the oxygen goes down faster than my Twin Vipers ammo even on solo? And standing still, spamming M Prime and Stomp isn't fun, you know.

3rd : So as I stated before, this mode is RNG survival, and not what is supposed to be ( a personal defence mode build around offence, speed and reflexes ) and as we all know, the RNG goddess is a b*tch, so in order to reach and pass the 20 minute reward stage, you have to do a metric sh*tton of rounds in order to get lucky, I mean look an those poor guys that lost at 19:40 because of RNG, now they have to spend more time on their computer rather on more importand "things" than trying to get a pixelated, good looking shotty.

So that was my mini-rant and DE, I god damn like you, don't do this to us!

Edited by Commander_Pancakes

Remember, we're just a diversion so that the A-Team can go raid whatever materials cache in that Lotus-forsaken space hulk.

And maybe, just maybe, the event is an early test to see what we think of the Survival gametype. Perhaps they wanted to test out stuff, find out what's working and what isn't.

Y'know, like beta test the thing before before implementing it fully to replace Raid mission, and have the playerbase clamoring at how it's almost impossible to get O2 drops past 20mins.

RNG isn't fair.

People have made it to 40 MINUTES AND BEYOND thanks to LUCK while other cannot even get beyond TEN MINUTES due to randomness not letting them have O2 capsules.

This whole event is based on luck, hence the luckiest players are the ones that will top the leader-boards.

when the event started i was on the  forums biatching that the RNG event is a joke and it was nearly impossible to get to 20 minutes, no matter what unless you were lucky with RNG

Now after the hotfix its really not that hard to get 20+ minutes, just follow this >

1.Don't open the O2 from Lotus until you really, really need it >when you around 10%

2.Don't pick up the O2 drops from dead bodies, yes you do read that right DON'T pick the capsules ,leave them on the floor and pick only those to keep you at 20-25% at all times, when the ancients starts spawning a lot, you will need those little buggers

3.don't die

4. enjoy your new and shiny Strun

when i'm back from work ,if anyone needs just add me ,i'll get you to 20 minutes

Edited by 1beerhead1

when the event started i was on the  forums biatching that the RNG event is a joke and it was nearly impossible to get to 20 minutes, no matter what unless you were lucky with RNG

Now after the hotfix its really not that hard to get 20+ minutes, just follow this >

1.Don't open the O2 from Lotus until you really, really need it >when you around 10%

2.Don't pick up the O2 drops from dead bodies, yes you do read that right DON'T pick the capsules ,leave them on the floor and pick only those to keep you at 20-25% at all times, when the ancients starts spawning a lot, you will need those little buggers

3.don't die

4. enjoy your new and shiny Strun

when i'm back from work ,if anyone needs just add me ,i'll get you to 20 minutes

I'm aware of this strategy, I reached 21:45 today. Thank you anyway!

Remember, we're just a diversion so that the A-Team can go raid whatever materials cache in that Lotus-forsaken space hulk.

And maybe, just maybe, the event is an early test to see what we think of the Survival gametype. Perhaps they wanted to test out stuff, find out what's working and what isn't.

Y'know, like beta test the thing before before implementing it fully to replace Raid mission, and have the playerbase clamoring at how it's almost impossible to get O2 drops past 20mins.

DE probably made this event as a good way to test the upcoming survival mode. By making this event more than the half of the community rushed to play the new mission, and after some hours of gameplay people would give lots of feedback on any bugs that ruin their slow march to the 20 minutes reward. I find that to be a clever idea and after all, everyone is a winner.

Ive made it to 30 minutes and up several times. but what is pissing me off is when im 20 minutes in, and LAG out and a Host migration starts.....

I dont know how many times this has happened and ive lost everything ive earned troughout the survival...

Just today it has happened 3 times. after 18 minutes + survival.

Great fun loosing all the XP and mods after all that playing.

Getting to 20 minutes is easy. just Huddle them all up in one place and AoE them down.

The biggest flaw i saw in this event was in the alpha team, no matter how much i lasted Lotus always comes and tells me they need MOAR time XD

Besides that i think this is my favorite event so far, totally solo friendly, and makes you be really fast in your killings and calm and strategist in picking up oxygen, very ninja like.