Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on some mod options/stats.

SneakyErvin

So since I started formaing more and more of my frames to fit in Umbral aswell as corrupted mods I started to think more and more about certain mods and the stats they provide. Mostly two of them, those that give us power range and those that give us +max energy.

Volt and Frost have been two frames where I've enjoyed my range, mostly for their #4 skills. I just dont see the point anymore though since my playstyle have become much more aggressive and up close. Volt has been cut back to 160% and Frost down to 100%. Both have however recieved +75% efficiency and it works really well. Mag and Nezha have followed the same path, and I must say it is working wonderfully for all of them. In addition to this they've also had their Primed Flow removed. Since I use Energizing Dash the cost reduction far outshines the bonus energy you get from Primed Flow, even if your pool looks extremely small on some frames it still lasts so much longer and you can cast your skills far more often. Frost is a nice example. He has 425 energy with P-Flow and Avalanche costs 100. That means he can get 4 casts off. Now if you remove flow and max efficiency he's suddenly sitting at 150 energy and 25 cost per avalanche cast. Now he can suddenly get 6 casts off. Add to it that energizing dash gives 5/sec, resulting in a new cast each 5 sec instead of 1 each 20. Energy orbs from enemies also allow one cast per orb instead of 1 cast per 4 orbs and from containers 2 casts from one orb instead of 1 cast from 2 orbs.

Of course, dropping Primed Flow or Flow on every frame just wont work, if you run something like Blind Rage, Quick Thinking or play a frame with channel skills you obviously need the mod. But for the frames mentioned above, skipping it works extremely well. I did something similar on my Oberon, but instead of cutting back on energy I cut back on duration since his channeling cost is still capped and duration isnt really important on him unless you love camping lowbie maps with his #2.

So just some tired thoughts on some things before bed.

Is anyone else using this same type of gearing path for spammy murderous mayhem at slightly closer range?