Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jat kusar builds?

mmmjuice

Question

I just unveiled my first melee riven and it's for this blade and whip. I havent messed with melee builds much, and there isnt much recent discussion for this weapon that I can find. Wondering how to build this, or is it even worth investing in.

It looks like a crit weapon but the innate heat damage and the possible slash and blast procs from the stance and charge attacks have me wondering if I can use healing return or something for frames that don't have built in health recovery  skills.

6 answers to this question

absolutely a Crit Weapon, yes. you can still make use of Condition Overload because of the forced Slash and the high Multi-Hits making you able to apply Fire Status (or whatever your main Elemental Damage will be) often enough.

Healing Return would be kinda weak on Jat Kusar IMO, because you're going to cap out at 2 Damage Types + Slash from the Stance. so basically equal to an unmodded IPS Melee Weapon. the Blast from the Charge Attack is.... well the time you can make use of that is quite short and as a Charge Attack it's slow to apply... so you will have a hard time getting the benefit from the Blast Status for Healing Return. and as such better off just attacking with less Status Effects more often.
maybe the Multi-Hits can make it viable enough but i don't think it's worth it on this Weapon. works a lot better with IPS Weapons, where you can have up to 5 Damage Types on the Weapon plus whatever the Stances or special effects might offer.

It's a fine weapon although the range is not that great + the charge attacks are somewhat...underwhelming.

Apart from that.....in 3 to 4 hits I'm red critting all day and everything just melts.

From what I can remember my build;

- riven - can't remember the exact stats but I know it has +CC

- condition overload - cos someone on the internet said so,

- blood rush 

- primed pressure point

- primed reach

- berseker - kicks in quickly since it basically crits immediately.

- cannot remember the last mods

Also, i like the stance a lot - easy, powerful combos

The thing I use:

1. Primed Pressure Point

2. Gladiator Might (the +60% crit damage one)

3. Gladiator Vice (yes, use this over P fury. Jat Kusar is painfully slow)

4. Blood Rush

5. Drifting Contact (Body Count and Gladiator Tempo are no contest)

6. Berserker

+ 1 elemental combo. If you have attack speed you can always trade away the Gladiator Vice for the Riven.

I don't personally recommend Primed Reach as the attacks actually don't hit that wide except for the charged attack going 20 meters and some parts of the combo that sweep around you. But no one is gonna use the charged attack on this thing. Instead of Might and Vice you can use Organ Shatter and True Steel (if you are a sucker for Primed Reach it goes in instead of True Steel) for faster crit buildup as well. I don't recommend Memestrike or Slidecrit on rivens simply because Whipswords have abysmal slide attack radius.

Edited by Guest

Actually, works great with healing return, you don't even need a Taxon to prime it.  You can't swing a couple of times into a crowd without SOMETHING getting status, and your stance is MADE of slash procs.

(The same is true of low crit weapons with a lot of range and/or speed and berserker) 

And weapons that don't benefit from spin2win are awesome.  Stand up and smack things in the face, Tenno! 🙂

Edited by FreeWilliam