Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Models Instead Of Orbs?

Humongous_Koi

It's a little strange that the Grineer and Corpus keep balls of pure energy in their storage containers. They never use it, and it's like they're MADE for the Tenno. Why not make medkit and battery models instead of the solid color orbs for a slightly more realistic atmosphere? The model can have contrasting colors to stick out and still be noticeable as the orbs are, or glow with a red or blue hue depending on the drop.

My guess on why they are orbs is because they are easy to spot. For example, if you are on a defense mission, I'd say it would be easier to spot glowing, coloured orbs more than batteries or medkits. Especially in an ocean of mods, materials, and ammo drops.

Although, if you could give an example of how they could best stand out, that'd be cool.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

They should just get rid of the energy/health orbs completely and come up with a more interesting system.

And on a completely unrelated note - we should also be able to turn off those damage number indicators.

Less gamey garbage on screen = more immersion

But I guess replacing the orbs with something else is as good as we could get so... +1.

don't forget, balls of pure... experience? what.

however, we could say that based on BluePrints also being a similar spherical object, that these orbs are not pure of anything, but instead are some sort of fuel or resource necessary for on the fly manufacturing. 

how close Warframe is or isn't to Mass Effect aside, Mass Effect justifies some weapons such as the M-37 Falcon, which, is a Semi-Automatic assault rifle version of a Grenade Launcher. due to this ammunition not being just lasers like a lot of weapons presumably are, the Falcon is firing 25mm Grenades. however, Lore justifies this possibility through suggesting the weapon has a micro manufacturing plant inside it that manufactures these grenades on the fly. 

so, maybe this is an option. health orbs allow your frame to produce some healing salve or something, energy orbs allow it to generate 'power', BluePrints allow the more dedicated manufacturing at the Tenno home base or where ever these dudes live to create entire suits of armor, weapons, etc. you get the idea.

Edited by taiiat

I like the orbs, may not be the most believe-able thing but this is a game about space ninjas with weird powers, believe-ability is kinda low. You gotta remember this is a game and some things are implemented for game play reasons only, like being able to see theses orbs at a quick glance.